Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Fulham (H) - Match Thread - 30/11/2020

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I asked in this formation who would you play. 

You don't change the question to being 'if it wasn't this formation what would you play?' 

What would you rather eat dog shit or cat shit? And don’t say you wouldn’t eat either lol 

18 minutes ago, StanSP said:

If Rodgers makes the necessary changes and we come back to win, does he get any credit? 

He gets credit for the changes, for seeing the problem, of course he does. Just as he did against Arsenal after he gave them way too much respect to begin with. 

I'm getting fed up of this sanctimonious shit implying anyone that's got a problem with certain decisions recently is some unreasonable moaner or is militantly anti Rodgers. Why does foxestalk always have to be so bipolar. 

I've been one of Rodgers biggest fans on here over the course of his tenure. I really like the guy, I've been really impressed and really happy with his management on the whole. I'm 100% behind him having his job here long term. 

I also know there's times I can over react, I get wound up a lot when I see the lineup. I was disappointed we lined up negatively against Leeds and after a few minutes I was one of the first to put my hand straight up and accept it was totally the right thing to do. 

But this stupid midfield square in front of a back five is appalling, it absolutely has to go and this is completely why. People on here need to get their heads round the fact that more defenders =/= a more defensively sound team, more midfielders =/= more creativity, more strikers =/= more goals. 

You need balance, you need a system with the right round pegs in the right round holes. Midfielders need options in front of themselves to pass to, defenders need a proper screen in front of themselves to cover. You've got eleven attackers and eleven defended on the pitch and they all need to be well distributed around the pitch in accordance with their strengths and weaknesses. 

Four centre mids, none of whom have any real pace, only one of whom can really beat a man, that's not a balanced, creative midfield it's a ****ing mess that's not going anywhere. 

We had one of the best defences in the league (THE best, for a time) last year playing an attacking 433. Being able to control the game, keep the ball, have passing options all around the pitch, able to retain possession and use it effectively to pin the opposition back. That was PART of defending its part of why we were solid. Simply flooding the pitch with defensive and midfield players won't magically make us secure if we can't keep the ball because there's never a decent pass on. 

This isnt failing because some how the four midfielders all happen to be having a mare at once, they're all having a mare at once because the system is a ridiculous idea, they're all lost, confused and have zero good passing options anywhere forward. 

It's a ****ing omnishambles. 

Rodgers is a great coach, a very good tactician and I have absolute 100% faith that he's going to come to the same conclusion and at some point within the next few months he's going to get over this and we'll get back to "normal." But currently this is utter, utter shit and most of the responsibility for that sits with him. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 3