Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steve Earle

Stoke (a) pre-match thread

Our squad is strong enough now to play second-string in the early rounds then, if we make it that far, first XI at the business end.

Much like we have done in the Europa League.

In terms of personnel, it could be argued that we’ll never have a better chance to win the FA Cup. But given where we are in the Premier League and Europa League, it’s obviously third in the priority list this season. And I’m sure Rodgers’ selection v Stoke will reflect that.

• Like 1

Some of the attitude about this cup is dreadful. We should be going for this cup too and see if we can get to the quarters with an ‘easier’ run. If we get a difficult game in round 4 yeah maybe take it lightly but don’t throw it away vs a lower team.

We have 2 weeks to Southampton so we should be playing a fairly strong team imo.

Are EFL clubs still no tested regularly? I wonder how keen premier league teams will be to play teams without testing. Not that I've seen may occasions of in game transmission. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a few games off though, lots of postponements in EFL over Christmas, not all covid related I know.

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Are EFL clubs still no tested regularly? I wonder how keen premier league teams will be to play teams without testing. Not that I've seen may occasions of in game transmission. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a few games off though, lots of postponements in EFL over Christmas, not all covid related I know.

It's coming in from this week I believe. 

Really not bothered about the FA cup this year. Need to guarantee a good performance in the league and EL. 
...these games are potentially injury risks - play the U23’s and save the squad for the busy schedule next month onwards.

• Like 1

Just now, LestaAl said:

Really not bothered about the FA cup this year. Need to guarantee a good performance in the league and EL. 
...these games are potentially injury risks - play the U23’s and save the squad for the busy schedule next month onwards.

Fair dos, you’re entitled to that view, but I’ll never not be bothered about the FA Cup!

Claudio got it right in 2016, but it’s not the same now. Then we had a chance, albeit still quite a remote one, of actually winning the league; this time, despite what the children on BBC Radio Leicester peddle, we have no realistic chance. So would I give up a chance of FA Cup glory to help finish 5th rather than 6th? No way!

But I am for rotating massively against Stoke, to give players who need it game time, like Castagne Amartey Soyuncu Perez and hopefully Ricardo 

1 minute ago, themightyfin said:

Cant see Hamza playing as if we are trying to offload him he will be then cup tied.

Praet has apparently made ir clear he's not happy looking his place so this could be an opportunity for him to either get himself back in the picture or impress possible suitors.

Think Youri definitely needs a well earned rest. He's been outstanding over the Christmas period. First talks over new contract are planned im told it could make him the highest paid player here.. With only 2 years left its vital we get him tied down to a longer deal.

Who has Praet made that clear too? Brendan? Hamza should not play. Amazing news on Youri!

2 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Cant see Hamza playing as if we are trying to offload him he will be then cup tied.

Praet has apparently made ir clear he's not happy looking his place so this could be an opportunity for him to either get himself back in the picture or impress possible suitors.

Think Youri definitely needs a well earned rest. He's been outstanding over the Christmas period. First talks over new contract are planned im told it could make him the highest paid player here.. With only 2 years left its vital we get him tied down to a longer deal.

Have you heard anything about Cags contract, I thought they had started talks ages ago ?

12 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Praet has apparently made ir clear he's not happy losing his place so this could be an opportunity for him to either get himself back in the picture or impress possible suitors.

Whoever Hamza is going to wont need to worry too much about a player being cup tied in the latter rounds of the FA cup lol

• Haha 3

To all those who say ‘not bothered about the FA Cup this year’ - fair enough given I guess some of us would prefer to win the Europa.

But consider this. I’m 34, and this is the only domestic trophy that I haven’t seen us win in my lifetime (with the exception of League 2 title, Charity Shield and what used to be Johnstones Paint). I think that is amazing, and I would dearly love to see the lads complete the set.

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

To all those who say ‘not bothered about the FA Cup this year’ - fair enough given I guess some of us would prefer to win the Europa.

But consider this. I’m 34, and this is the only domestic trophy that I haven’t seen us win in my lifetime (with the exception of League 2 title, Charity Shield and what used to be Johnstones Paint). I think that is amazing, and I would dearly love to see the lads complete the set.

Good point, I'd take a FA Cup or European Cup though either would be fantastic

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, SO1 said:

I don't care if we lose. Europa and the League are what matter......there I said it.

Apart from the fact it's a trophy so should be taken seriously.

26 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Ward

Ricardo

Fofana

Soyuncu

Thomas

Under

Mendy

Praet

Albrighton

Perez

Iheanacho

That’s still a strong team - what a squad we have at the moment🏆 (still would like a better back up striker for Yardy)