Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steve Earle

Stoke (a) pre-match thread

Just now, murphy said:

Play the first team.  We have a week's rest before and after.  No need to rotate.  

I would dance naked on a wasp's nest smothered in jam to see us win the FA Cup!

Having been at the 69 Cup Final so would i :scarf:

• Like 2

6 days till this game then a full week till the game after, so I’d expect a strong team to help keep the momentum up but still rest a few to manage those that have been injured.

Ward

Ricardo

Fofana

Soyuncu

JJ

Mendy

Under

Praet

Tielemans

Barnes

Iheanacho

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, murphy said:

Play the first team.  We have a week's rest before and after.  No need to rotate.  

I would dance naked on a wasp's nest smothered in jam to see us win the FA Cup!

Mods, is it possible to ‘like’, lots, the second paragraph of a post, while running away as fast as possible from the sheer silliness of the first?!?

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

FA Cup is still a massive dream for most Leicester fans so please make the team as strong as possible 

thanks 🙏 

Yes, As someone who's seen us lose the 3 finals in the 60s as a young Fan I was devastated.

To win the league and an FA cup in the same decade would be amazing.

• Like 3

All this talk about playing a weak side does my head in. There is no game this midweek or the midweek after, so we should play as strong a team as possible.

We play our players vast sums of money to actually play football, not sit on their asses at home watching soccer saturday. What is the point of football if you don't try & win things & we have a very good chance of winning the FA Cup, whereas we have little chance of winning the Prem & even qualifying for Europe will be very difficult.

We cannot afford to take Stoke lightly & we do not want another Newport so I do not want to see Choudhury or Nacho but would loe to see Ricky & Cags

• Like 2

Yes - there is a week before and after this game.  But then we play Chelsea 3 days after Southampton.  If we want certain first teamers to play both games (*cough* VARDY *cough*) then they need to be rested for this one.  Vardy, Tielemans, Evans, JJ are all obvious rests (wouldn't even have them in the squad).  Also call me crazy but with our recent record of bringing injured players back I don't want Ricardo anywhere near this game.   

Kasper

Castagne - Amartey - Soyuncu - Fuchs

Mendy

Under - Praet - Maddison

Perez - Iheanacho 

No need to risk too many senior regulars. Would be good to get Soyuncu more minutes and to be honest I've only picked Amartey there as it means Fofana and Evans can rest, but really it could be anyone with Soyuncu as long as they or he don't get injured. Similar for Castagne - was today vs Newcastle his first full 90 since returning from injury?

The midfield and attack can be quite flexible. Could easily be a 4-1-3-2 or 4-2-3-1 with Perez dropping deeper just behind Kelechi and Praet dropping in the 'Youri' role next to Mendy.

No need to play Ndidi, Vardy, Youri, Justin.

Got a feeling Albrighton could play. Under has to play surely. Needs a full 90. 

43 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I wonder if we'll want to put Slimani and Gray in the shop window. 

They mentioned this on radio leicester. I didn't get the logic, Surely clubs know what they are signing with them two, must be loads of footage and scouting data available - they have played in over 175 Premier league matches between them.

I could understand if it was a player like Tavares who's mostly played reserve football but these are established and famous professionals no club is gonna let a performance against Stoke in the cup influence their decision one way or the other are they? 

• Like 1

Get some game time into some fringe players, make sure everyone is as close to match fit as possible if required to be called upon. 
I would expect with Stoke chasing a playoff spot, they will rotate.

I would give the players who have come back from  injury and those over 30 a rest.

Ward

JJ

Soyuncu

Amartey 

Thomas

Mendy

Praet

Under

Perez

Barnes

Iheanacho 

Bench: Fuchs, Choudhury (If still here), Morgan, Stolarczyk, Ricardo (give him 20 mins if fit enough), Leshabela, Tavares

Should be enough to get us in the bag for round 4