Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Southampton - Match Thread - 16/01/2021

Southampton very decent, without Ings etc. We were pretty poor to be honest all round, as though it was a typical home performance where we are not on it. Now we need to step up and get that second, otherwise I don't fancy our chances. 

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Is it just me or does the pitch not look great today? 

Usualky our groundsmen are the best in the business but it looks like it’s taken a beating 

The pitch looked similar for the Leeds game earlier, could just be the weather recently 

• Like 1

Bit of a battle going on. Pitch looks quite weathered.

Southampton are definitely still in it. They're causing huge problems to our midfield, Youri's struggling to catch his breath and there was a period half an hour in where he was basically running around non-stop and his passing dropped off, doing the slouched neck floppy arms saunter.

We turned the heat up right before we scored, so there is hope, Southampton have been struggling for goals recently so I think one more kills it. Control the midfield, stretch them and nick a goal lads.

Edited by Jaspa
  • Like 1

Good first half and growing in confidence which I like.

Southampton are a great side. Good pressing and had quite a few chances themselves. They will continue to be dangerous.

Great goal from Maddison. Vardy had a brilliant chance and he could have also been in on at least 2 occasions if his teammates passed to him (but didnt - one was Maddison and one was Barnes) and he could have been on the scoresheet.

Fofana had a great game too but he has to watch his yellow. Perhaps we will see a bit of Soyuncu.

Justin has been a bit quiet and wouldn’t mind if Ricardo gets a few minutes on the right with Castagne switched to the left.

Albrighton had a good game though I hope to see a bit of Under in the last 15 mins too.

3 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Brazil well ?

No one ever plays that well. 

The closest anyone ever got is when we did that phase of one-touch against Liverpool where we should have got a penalty when Okazaki was fouled. 

Oh and when we nutmegged about 3 Newcastle players in a row one time. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thegaffer9 said:

Did someone drive into the back of McManaman on Narborough Road tonight, he's properly anti Leicester today

I’ll be waiting on Narborough Road after the game with my Dad’s shotgun.

No doubt McManaman has the kind of number plate that reads ‘MaccaLiv1’

Weird 1st half played nice football at times but the majority was awful.

I can see a sending off in this game and I'd be cautious about keeping Albrighton and Fofana on.

Time to bring on the 2 Turkish delights 

Edited by Fox85

Just now, rachhere said:

You can see why Southampton have been doing so well, their work rate is crazy. Very glad to up one up. 

And Ward Prowse has played every minute of every league game for 2 years! Crazy if their work rate is like this every game. They must be taking what Vards was 15/16

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I’d get soyuncu on for fofana and Ricardo for albrighton. Last thing we need is red cards.

Actually q worried with fofana on a yellow so early esp with his aggressive style for another 45 mins.

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

I think Ricky will be on for Albrighton with 15 minutes to go. 

yeah I think there definitely is space on the right hand side for someone with pace, Castagne or Albrighton aren't getting away from the defenders but Ricky will. 

Just now, kingfox said:

I’ll be waiting on Narborough Road after the game with my Dad’s shotgun.

No doubt McManaman has the kind of number plate that reads ‘MaccaLiv1’

Definitely has a pink 'I heart Liverpool' badge on his bumper too. 

• Like 1

In the last match against Newcastle Rodgers drew pelters for making a defensive substitution at 2-0 up 79 minutes gone...  The problem being it "draws pressure onto ourselves", so why are some asking for one now only 1-0 up against a much better team with a full half to play? lol 

• Like 2

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Same issue as the home game last season, the CB are not use to playing against two strikers, stick Soyuncu in and go 3.

Yes. Great we're 1 up obviously, but I think it'll make the obvious decision to change system wait a while. Hopefully not before the cut us open again because they're doing it with regularity.