Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Everton (A)... Wednesday.

Not many thought we would beat southampton or chelsea but we did. We also smashed man city, arsenal and spurs. Why shouldn't we be confident a little. Yes vardy is out but he hasn't scored recently anyway and the others have stepped up. They should be more worried about us!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hansifüx said:

I wouldn't mind seeing a forward duo of Barnes and Under with them moving between CF and their W positions 

Think that would work well especially with Madison playing well forward. I'd be very happy to see it tried especially as i think our defence and midfield seem to be improving all the while from what was already a very good standard. Be even heppier if i see yet more evidence of practice at defending and attacking corners and set pieces .

I don't guess teams for a match but with any two from the trio of JJ, Castagne and Pereira I 'd be hoping we would look more like the home team, and with a bit of luck we might inflict a mauling.  BR favours Madison over Barnes in the Vardy role judging by his comments but second half if we're doing well then I'd like him to try Barnes slightly ahead of Madison when the ball is carried upfield by the team althogh when breaking out Barnes is probably the best ball carrier. Could be exciting , I did fancy us for six points from Saints and Chelsea but they were a bit easier than I expected (as was Brentford in the end) so I'm forecasting nothing this time. I don't know whether Mendy will play but I'd hate to see him defending centrally against corners again.

Edited by Alan Frost

As much as I think he's been crap I can see kelechi doing the business if he starts.. Last time he had a run of form it started against these lot.. (yes I just said that)

Wouldn't see there normally being any space behind for vardy anyway so hoping he's not missed too much

0-2 kelechi n tielmanns 

2 hours ago, SuperMike said:

With Kasper determined to stay on his line, shouting 'Away' loudly, even when the ball is three yards out, we are bound to concede at corners.

4-0 Everton (Mina 2, Keane, Calvert-Lewin)

Do you reckon he sleeps on his own ?  I’m sure he must shout it out in his sleep! 

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

All respect to albrighton but under must start for me. We cant rely on just maddison and barnes for goals.

Yup..

Under

Barnes.            Albrighton

Maddison

• Haha 1

I feel this game will be a slog and we'll need different ways to attack. I'd rather Albrighton start for those reasons. If it isn't broke, don't fix it. 

If we're toothless in attack then Under can be introduced. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

I'm actually confident we will beat this lot.

We looked dreadful when we played them last we are a much better team not with players back as well.

We will be gunning for them 

Was quite a weakened team we put out when they beat us at home earlier this season, but to be fair we’ve struggled against them under Ancelotti.

8 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...are you sure about this, or speculating!!!

I thought it was 10 days.

That's what they said and really hoping that they were speculating as well because I'm not very optimistic as everyone when it comes to life without Vardy or playing without proper striker. ( Sorry Nacho is just not doing it for me as I always thought that Slimani were better option)

By the way which surgery (even a minor one) allows you to recover in 10 days????

That's what I call real speculation😂😂😂😂😂

This feels like a season defining game, especially without the great man up front. Win and we really put some distance between us and the chasing pack, whilst staying close to the leaders. Lose and we'll be really looking over our shoulders with several teams behind us on strong runs. My nerves are kicking in already.

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

This feels like a season defining game, especially without the great man up front. Win and we really put some distance between us and the chasing pack, whilst staying close to the leaders. Lose and we'll be really looking over our shoulders with several teams behind us on strong wins. My nerves are kicking in already.

Could not agree more...win points apart from chasing pack, lose right in the mix......we are playing some great stuff....optimistic

Wingers are going to play an important part I feel carrying the ball upfield and allowing midfield to play their way up top. Under needs to start, hes stronger than albrighton and more dynamic. I hope BR has done some work on set peices with defence as without vardy it might be one area to exploit.

32 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

That's what they said and really hoping that they were speculating as well because I'm not very optimistic as everyone when it comes to life without Vardy or playing without proper striker. ( Sorry Nacho is just not doing it for me as I always thought that Slimani were better option)

By the way which surgery (even a minor one) allows you to recover in 10 days????

That's what I call real speculation😂😂😂😂😂

.....had a similar problem and was back in 10 days  a few years back!!!

Rodgers said it, so it must be true.

46 minutes ago, Sionnach gorm said:

Both teams are quite equal IMO.  My only hope is that Ancelotti doesn’t have Brendan’s number here.  I think it will be  a draw 1-1.

This is the season for us and Rodgers to get the better of teams and managers historically had trouble against. 

3-2 Leicester Maddison, Fofana and Barnes