Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Everton (A)... Wednesday.

Just now, fuchsntf said:

Es Keep saying that..Southampton, Chelsea.....

When your  competing for those top 4 positions...every game is massive..!!

Only One & half seasons ago, we were Happy to Chase Top 6-7, und Rodgers had no Flavours in the month,Let alone being one...

Except a few like myself, who saw a Twinkle in a certain Irishmans eye and seen a growing squad waiting for Rodgers to develope & show more

patience and reasoning how to nuture that potential...I

Though frustrated from last seasons Major grinding Hits on injuries, carrying deep into this season & not having the clout in our rescources,to hold onto

a top four....One could see something was slowly developing,but still far short in cover in major positions seeing also that cover was also not injury free.

Still amazes me that People feel the need to carry on having a dig....

The fact with Everton, plus the slow resurgence of Top 6 we can "compete" for Top 4 is an extra badge on the sleeve of Rodgers...

These are the games we have longed for, we are but still novices...Rodgers is also  still learning, we aint a Big club who have Top Quality in our 14-20

Players waiting in the wings...We have something else special  within in our makeup...fans should also be more balanced in these exciting times....I

Tonight could go either Way & ist at the Top Part of the table....

I have to say that the prose in which you right almost comes off as poetry, beautiful.

• Haha 1

Iwobi's fit to play so stick JJ on him and we won't see him

Going to be a really tough game, but I can see us pipping this one if as mentioned by people previously, our midfield can get on top of theirs with Allen and Doucoure being absent

Guest Hansifüx

its going to be interesting how they will play, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't play mina or kean. I would expect godfrey (who I rate very high) will play an important role (but not sure if he will play as a CB or defensive midfielder).  Let's see what Ancelotti puts out of his hat. .... but in any case we have to win this ... their midfield is slow and old and I am positive that fofana can handle DCL very well. btw if they play digne as a fb it makes sense to play under because I remember a match where they met (France-Turkey) and Under took him apart so that digne had to subbed half time and was replaced by M. City's Mendy as an option with more pace.  

2 hours ago, blue blood said:

This is a massive game.  If we can win this one i can see us doing a top 4 finish this season. This is a massive game.  If we can win this one i can see us doing a top 4 finish this season. 

This is a massive game. If we can win this one I can see us doing a top 4 finish this season.

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

This is a massive game. If we can win this one I can see us doing a top 4 finish this season.

I agree with this.

I think this is a massive game. If we can win this one I can see us doing a top 4 finish this season. 

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, SexyGammonFox said:

The question you need to ask yourself though is, how big is this game?

It’s massive mate. All but guarantees us CL if we win it, and virtually rules it out if we don’t. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, filbertway said:

Think this could be the most boring game of the season 

Everton are painfully boring under Ancelotti and were only gonna have a couple of goal threats on the pitch.

Wouldnt be shocked to see a 0-0 or maybe 1-0 either way.

Maybe but it is massive. Losing it would n't be a total disaster but would open up a gap at the top especially as Man U have a run of very easy games,unbelieveeably easy, and Man C are really running into form even without De Bruyne.. Of course they'll have tough games to come but just like long distance running closing a gap is very tough.

I'm really looking forward to it as it might decide if we make top 4,or better. There's no guarantee that OGS's shortcomings as a manager and de Bruyne's absence will guarantee either manchester will drop back and we've got to assume they won't. I think we'll win. I thouight and hoped we'd get six points from Chelsea and Saints but i'm less certain about this. It really depends I think on BR finding an effective forward line and even my preferred line of Barnes, Madison and Under will do well to pull this off. I'd feel happier if I was sure that we'd been practicing headers and corners as its the only time we can get at least two of Ndidi, Soyuncu, Fofana and Evans (depending who plays) forward into the box. Its nice to talk about diamonds, centre pivots, W Plans,false 9s, channels and pockets and other ngumba;. but match results more often depend on far simpler things, like height and speed, two footed players,  effort and commitment, pass accuracy, and set pieces (all kinds of). I watched Chorley v Wolves , Cheltenham v Man. City, Luton v Chelsea as well as our match last w/e and if we regard this as our cup match,but keep relaxed, we'll do it.

Call. me fussy but I'd like to see a good win by at least a couple. Get the other B------s thinking if they can do this without JV what will they be like when he's back ? Do it for JV but I'll still be sweating.

Edited by Alan Frost
  • Like 2