Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Beating all of the 'big 6' in the 20/21 season - that'd be a first

Following this weekend hoodooooo broken with the win over Liverpool it leaves just Manure to beat to get the 'big 6 full scalp set- get ready for the 11th of May. That'd be a club record of some note in our life as a upstart feeder club for the 'big' 6..

The crowds may be there too. Though should crowds be allowed back in part way through a season as they could well restore home advantage which would be an advantage not present for over half a season?

• Like 2

The only true shock was Man City away 

Arsenal - they were about 15th when we best them.

Spurs - RodgersBall > MourinhoBall. Easy win

Chelsea - Lampard was about to lose his job. Another easy win.

Liverpool  - huge injury crisis and they lost 4 of their last 5. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Koke said:

The only true shock was Man City away 

Arsenal - they were about 15th when we best them.

Spurs - RodgersBall > MourinhoBall. Easy win

Chelsea - Lampard was about to lose his job. Another easy win.

Liverpool  - huge injury crisis and they lost 4 of their last 5. 

Rich 6 or Crap 4 + 2 

Any records referencing the 'big 6' are only applicable to the last 10 or so years really.

For example, beating Newcastle or Leeds in the late 90s / early 2000s was a better achievement than beating Man City or Spurs.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Saw this earlier:

20210214_224600.jpg

Shows just how good we've been this season. I think a lot of it is down to the way we can set up this season. We can effectively play on the counter and drop deep or we can take the game to the opponent and be free flowing.

Especially the Man City and Liverpool wins were partially due to Rodgers switching tactics from counter attacking to being more on the front foot and expressive imo. 

3 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I absolutely loathe the idea of the 'big six' or 'top six'. It's a complete myth. Most people on this forum weren't born the last time Tottenham won the league. 

I think Its got even more pervasive this season when some of the darlings of the media are not doing so well

Paraphrasing  the words of King Kev I'd love it if we won the league again but top 4 would sufficiently wind up all the "elites" 

46 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I absolutely loathe the idea of the 'big six' or 'top six'. It's a complete myth. Most people on this forum weren't born the last time Tottenham won the league. 

In my eyes it mainly comes down to media content, European presence and most importantly, revenue - rather than what the clubs have actually won. When you compare ourselves to those mentioned we are still a long way behind, which indirectly influences what happens on the pitch, especially the revenue factor, although we’re doing an amazingly good job of displacing that. 

Edited by TJB-fox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Any records referencing the 'big 6' are only applicable to the last 10 or so years really.

For example, beating Newcastle or Leeds in the late 90s / early 2000s was a better achievement than beating Man City or Spurs.

If we avoid defeat against  Villa and West Hamwill that be the first time nobody has done the double against us in the top division bearing  in mind we lost twice to Arsenal  when we won it. Possiblly 1926 when we were 2nd I think on goal average

• Like 3

It's, unfortunately, not a myth if you think about them as the rich six rather than the big six or top six. 

Take the 19/20 accounts as an example:

West Ham, Everton and Leicester had the highest revenues outside the rich six. 

Arsenal, in sixth place, had higher revenues than West Ham and Everton combined 

Manchester United, in first place, had higher revenues than West Ham, Everton and Leicester combined. 

We can't compete financially. That is a reality. If this translated into performances on the pitch the rest should never really have any chance of finishing higher than seventh. 

Fortunately it doesn't! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We haven't beaten Manu in a while now. We came close early last season but couldn't capitalize on our chances. Will be a good battle if we can get everyone fit and ready bar JJ who's a fighter. COYF! I really wanna see Barnes and Vardy run Slab-head and Oneballsacka ragged for 90 minutes.

• Like 1