Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Slavia Prague (2nd Leg) - Match Thread - 25/02/2021

its shit like this why we aren't considered a big club. We have no pedigree at the highest level other than our run in the champs league and we are going to bottle a big game again like we did against Villa. People mock spurs and Arsenal and yes they have been crap in the league but are both comfortably through in Europe. Christ even Rangers are through. No excuse for this and I genuinely believe Rodgers has written this tournament off to focus on top 4. If we get top 4 then great. 

Just now, jim5000 said:

I think it’s just a lack of squad depth compounded by a compressed season

Agreed. I'm gutted about this performance so far but the Europa League is behind the Prem and FA Cup in terms of priorities. Something has to give.

Just now, shen said:

We've had bad injuries across the team this season. Rodgers has found solutions throughout and players have stepped up. I'm afraid Rodgers gambling on Tielemans as our attacking midfielder was completely the wrong call.

But what other choices does he realistically have. Maddison injured, Under doesn't look good enough. Perez injured, Kelechi suspended. Tielemans is just about the only central creative player we have left available.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

It’s not going to happen. But I would had preferred we didn’t get knocked out by these bunch of *****. Can’t see us getting two gals here. 

If I could get 2 gals in 90 mins I'd be very happy 

How many times have we seen this? Arrogant top 6 Premier League team rests key players underestimating the power of an away goal and coasts against dangerous European opposition until they concede and then look really lively way too late.

Never thought we'd become one of them.