Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Burnley 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Aside from our injuries, many parts of our game are incredibly annoying. The last 4 games we have been utterly shambolic straight after half time. Conceded to villa and nearly threw a 2 goal lead, capitulated against Prague, conceded against Arsenal and were awful again tonight until about the 65th minute. Why are we continually so poor straight after ht? 

Defensively we were poor tonight and we seem to always make Wood look like Giroud. Tielemans played well, kasper was immense and Nacho scored a great goal. The rest was forgettable 

Just now, Farrington fox said:

Why did he take Nacho off. Consolidate the midfield?

Is he known for having poor stamina maybe? 

Seems to be a theme with Rodgers and always taking him off, no matter how he is performing. 

Guess we should take the positives though. He took that finish so well and we are going to need him fit and confident for our next few games. 

8 minutes ago, dayday said:

I thought we was a lot better when the subs came on 

I agree. Surprised people are criticising the subs of all things. We looked way better after the subs. Albrighton especially added an energy we were desperately missing beforehand

Just now, crisp packet said:

If we want Europe ,we should be winning tonight? We need maximum points . Strange to take off Kel??

A’LOT more congested below this season ..... 
These group of players needs European football. A point gained?? Well see..

What if we ‘dropped’ 2 points tonight but win the next 4? 

Guest ttfn
Just now, Dames said:

If Vardy wasn’t carrying an injury then i’d see the benefit of keeping him on and letting him get his confidence back. But he’s carrying an injury and its clearly hindering him and the team so it just needs to happen. 

I don’t disagree, I think my point was more that the reaction that Puel and Ranieri got for dropping an out of form Vardy was absolutely absurd. There’s a reason that none of the strikers we’ve bought to play with Vardy have been successful and it’s not that they’re all crap footballers.

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I don't think we just turn up and win.

We aren't entitled to anything.

Tell me where the fight has been in the last 3 games.

I'll wait. 

In the queue for the physio room I imagine

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, eastendfox said:

Not good enough, total lack of effort. But enough about the usual nonsense on here when we don't win.

Point under the circumstances decent and last 15 we could easily have nicked the three. Pretty decent effort with a tired and depleted squad. Now move on and get points from the next games, then beat ManU somehow in the cup.

Lack of effort ? I’d say quite the opposite. Just an awful lot of players playing for us at the moment who are borderline PL players 

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

I don't think we just turn up and win.

We aren't entitled to anything.

Tell me where the fight has been in the last 3 games.

I'll wait. 

The fight? The fight was there tonight. We kept going to the end. We started poorly but kept going. Thats all you can ask for. 

We have 1 game Sat and then a week off and not sure but I'm pretty sure thsts our first week off in about 3 months. Just got to keep going and stop slating then at every given opportunity 

• Like 2

I think the timing of the game was important, too. Unusually this was moved forward two and a half weeks, had it been played later in the season it might've been different. Let's not forget Burnley were unhappy it was moved to this week.

It went as I expected, we were trying to get into a rhythm with half the reserves in plus players out of position. Barely any time on the training ground to try something new.

I felt we could've done with this week off.

Just now, goose2010 said:

The fight? The fight was there tonight. We kept going to the end. We started poorly but kept going. Thats all you can ask for. 

We have 1 game Sat and then a week off and not sure but I'm pretty sure thsts our first week off in about 3 months. Just got to keep going and stop slating then at every given opportunity 

This! 👏

Am I the only one who thinks he got the subs spot on today?

Can’t work out why so many are saying they were baffling?

Fofana on for Mendy allowed Ndidi to move back into his best position and gave us a bit more control.

Albrighton on for Iheanacho allowed the formation change - as good as Iheanacho was he’s not a number 9 and as quiet as Vardy was, you know he only needs a sniff.

Taveres for Choudhury showed a bit of attacking intent. 

• Like 1

Brendan was so poor as usual. Awful game management again as well as a poor choice in starting 11.

a top quality goal bailed us out before HT then he takes off Nacho who was playing fantastically.

He also didn’t react until 68th minute when it was obvious we needed to change it from about 50-55 onwards! He’s slow to react and we were lucky to not be losing by then.

Mendy and Hamza are both very very poor players and Amarty is extremely poor at RB.

Positives are:

- we got a point, better than nothing even though it’s 2 points dropped in reality.

- Fofana back and looking fit.

- No more injuries.

- Kasper is a world class keeper and he’s been absolutely fantastic all season.

- Tielemens was fantastic as always, he’s so over played and you can tell he’s nakard but my god the guy is pure world class talent. He’s the single biggest reason we are even up anywhere near the top 6.

- Vardy I thought was better today. His link up play and movement was top draw. Suprised to hear critics of him today. Think him and Nacho works if we have the correct team behind them.

- Nacho was brilliant, that’s what he does best , comes short and does well with his hold up play and gives defenders more to occupy than just JV.

- Ndidi much better in the DM and allows us to not be so camped in. Never want to see him at CB again and never want to see him out of DM either.

Must win Brighton and Sheffield Utd now and then this point will be a good one. Pressure on Saturday now though.

Edited by deanolegend1989
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Hanging on for our lives to gain a point against a 15th place Burnley speaks volumes. 

With EIGHT players out injured. With an out of form un fit striker. A midfielder that’s absolutely out on his feet. 

• Like 3