Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Burnley 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Because we were utter dogshit against a mid-table Arsenal and were nearly as bad against Burnley. 

Fvcking Burnley.

To be fair you your posts are usually decent but not sure why you think we can just turn up and win games. Have a look at the bigger picture mate. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Well yeah on paper. But it's not like we're losing consistently are we?

I swear some people are so short-sighted and either choose to ignore the big picture or just can't see it. 

I mean the big picture is that our starting 11 is mid table quality at the moment with vardy out of form, we're in the top 4 but i would be surprised if that lasts with the quality we have on the pitch and liverpool and chelsea chasing us.

Just now, StanSP said:

Well yeah on paper. But it's not like we're losing consistently are we?

I swear some people are so short-sighted and either choose to ignore the big picture or just can't see it. 

Or remember how last season ended?

Yes, we have injuries and it's going to change the dynamic of the team, but we are running on empty.

There's no confidence there.

They look shot.

Please tell me if I'm wrong from what I've seen from the last 3 games.

Classy goal from Kel and a MOTM performance from Kasper, even though Soyuncu decided to wear ice skates for today's game? I'll take that.

Yeah, we were knocking on the door towards the end, but I take that as a fair result. Vardy looked sharper, and we coped pretty well despite a naff midfield display. Lots of positives to take into the Brighton game.

Whilst a win would have been brilliant, the point could yet be crucial. Better than defeat and what would have been a fatal blow to top 4 ambitions in my opinion. 

Little Wes back is good news. Some more game time for Timmy and Riccy. Nacho scored. Kasper superb stops. 

Can't fathom Rodgers and his subs timing. Had we gone 2 1 down, that would have been it. No sense to waiting as he did. 

• Like 1

Unacceptable result in a normal season, with a normal quantity of injuries, so ok this time. Does answer a few questions which is helpful

• Hamza is prone to lack of attention, and this could well prevent him from playing at this level
  • Ricardo is not back yet
  • Vardy.....is not right, and should have come off instead of Kel
  • Under is finished

But also asks further questions

• When is Maddison back?
  • When is Jonny back?
  • Why was Sidnei wide-left?

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

Fair result overall. Youri superb again. Vards still not looking like his old self, same can be said for Riccy P who struggled I felt. We looked much more like it when Wilf moved higher up the pitch. Amartey was dreadful, although thought Nacho was decent tonight, helluva goal.

• Like 1

1 of the worst places we could have gone to with who we had available. They're a horrible football team, who played above themselves today and caught us threadbare. I'll take a point and onto the weekend with no new injuries.

Positives:

Seeing Fofana back, who is a level above at CB for us this season. Instantly felt calmer with him on the pitch.

Thought Albrighton was class when he came on, the energy we needed. 

Iheanacho was very composed, vision let him down a few times.

Kasper superb. 

Negatives:

Choudhury in a possession fucosed team just hinders us. 

Amartey; see Choudhury. 

Vardy is a shadow of a man.

Still positive for the weekend. 

Edited by wardyfox86

Absolute battle so take our point and move on. Pressure on the next two though. Liverpool playing Chelsea is a bonus..

Balls into the box our worst nightmare and they coming in every time Burnley got in our half. We had to try and keep the ball to stop them getting forward but missed Maddison.

We know players were out there that we wouldn't like but they didn't cave in. A winner would've been undeserved.

We had noone to play the ball too, neither Vardy it Iheanacho wanted the ball to feet,  especially when Amartey had it who was rubbishbon the ball.

Tielemans best player and only one who tried to play normally.

Think we were so worried about them that we actually made it easier for them.