Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Burnley 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

We can’t play a back 5 - we look sh1t 

hamza has had his time and needs to go

Keli is a class from finisher and shoulda stayed on

Kasper is world class shot stopper 

Brodge needs to drop Vardy. 
Most importantly we did not pick up any injuries. 

Edited by casablancas

Just now, TrentFox said:

I can’t be the only one that enjoyed that, surely? I thought our makeshift team did well and showed real spirit and played some good football. I’d have clapped them off and enjoyed my drive home if I’d been there. 

Considering it's a cobbled together team that has had minimal time to prepare they did well, heads didn't drop and they carried on trying. Burnley was always going to be tough! I thought they did well too!

• Like 2

Just now, Corky said:

Twice- West Ham and Aston Villa, Liverpool and Fulham.

We've not lost more than two in a row under Rodgers.

In my mind we had games in between those but thanks for keeping me honest. 

Good stat that. 

Burnley played better against us than they did against the spuds.

Lobbing long balls into our end is causing no ends of anxiety and stress.

Thank you Kasper!!!

Hamza learn how to flipping shoot lad! Your a pro now this is school boy basics and you dopant need to be a striker.

Still good hustle out there in terms of the physical dept.

We could have won this game but on we go. Learn from it. there will be even tougher tests to come.

Vardy I don't know what to say anymore.

Teams below us are now within touching distance. we are making this really hard on ourselves.

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

To be fair you your posts are usually decent but not sure why you think we can just turn up and win games. Have a look at the bigger picture mate. 

I don't think we just turn up and win.

We aren't entitled to anything.

Tell me where the fight has been in the last 3 games.

I'll wait. 

• Like 1

Game could have gone either way in the second half. Plenty of effort, lack of quality obviously, this could be an important point at the end of the season.

Schmeichel based on that performance and his season long consistency.. is there a better keeper in the league? 

Villa lost, now step up Palace!!

4 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Never ever play Daniel Amartey as a rb again in a team that relys on its fullbacks to create chances.. hes a reserve cb and thats it

doesn't run with the ball with acres of space; doesn't shoot..doesn't cross the ball when at great position.. always always squares the ball.

5 minutes ago, ttfn said:

This has not proved a popular tactic with many of Brendan’s predecessors.

The one huge advantage he has in this case is no fans in the stadium.

If Vardy wasn’t carrying an injury then i’d see the benefit of keeping him on and letting him get his confidence back. But he’s carrying an injury and its clearly hindering him and the team so it just needs to happen. 

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What about when we get some better players back? 

We've only not won in 2 in the league lol

I suppose last year's collapse is having peeps worried.

What worries me is our last 4 matches, we need enough of a buffer to be able to cope.

Though there wasnt a tempo in the game, there were many goal threats. Not seen any quality other than Nacho and Kasper whom was  the Man of The Match. Following the subs we get more lively, though cant still understand subbing out Nacho but not Vardy. Nacho deserves better. Up untill substituted, he was my man of the match and Vardy had hardly touched a ball.

I'd certainly take the point when going to Turf Moor with a threadbare squad and an out of form striker.

Much improved after the substitutions. I know it's a needs must situation, but I sincerely hope that Choudhury isn't required a great more this season, though I appreciate that he will be. Plenty of players could be 'dug out', but at least Ricardo, Vardy and others who were below par have proven themselves in the past. I'd love to see him succeed, but he simply isn't good enough unfortunately.

Also - I really hope Ricardo can get back to his best, as he looks as frustrated as anyone with his performances at the moment.  

Not sure what to make of that...

Beginning of the 2H they had us on the ropes, and I began to dread the worst.

But once we rang the subs and changed the formation, we looked most likely to win it.

At the end of the day, we remain Top 4 for at least another week.  :scarf:

Happy with the point after that start. Let's not complain about the quality. The boys stuck at and kept it going well. Yes, Schmiechel saved us a couple of times but we could have won also.  Nice to see Kelechi get another and strange that he was taken off. 

Not good enough, total lack of effort. But enough about the usual nonsense on here when we don't win.

Point under the circumstances decent and last 15 we could easily have nicked the three. Pretty decent effort with a tired and depleted squad. Now move on and get points from the next games, then beat ManU somehow in the cup.

I think that's a really good point all things considered. 

We're not good at defending set pieces, Burnley are a tough side and are not as bad as some on here make out. 

Many out tonight but those who came in battled really well. 

If you can't win, don't lose. 

Kasper = outstanding /World class 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Poor selection and poor tactics. Starting with so many defensive players considering the lack of attacking players we have available was criminal. Hamza was too negative. Starting Nachos was great taking, him off was not. Hamza should not have played considering the rest of the team selection. No midfield linkup. Should have started with Tavares or Under. 

Rubbish.

• Like 1

Just now, erlee said:

doesn't run with the ball with acres of space; doesn't shoot..doesn't cross the ball when at great position.. always always squares the ball.

Think that side had way to many players that were to scared to look/ move forward always chose the safer option of going backwards and then hamza couldn’t even do that safely