Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TrickyTrev Benjamin

Leicester or England

Leicester or England   

597 members have voted

1. 1. Who you rather win a trophy

• Leicester
    • England

40 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

But does anyone really support England ? I genuinely don’t anymore. I always thought of England supporters as a cockney thing. I think 2006 World Cup was the ending for me. I genuinely only watch England if a Leicester players is playing. Yesterday I watched Belgium because of the 3 Leicester players. 

Too right mate.  I remember going on Hesgoal to watch Cengiz Under play for Turkey a few months back... oh and England were playing too - probably with that amazing Clive Tyldesley commentary 🙄 “KANE... relief” - after England score a 72nd minute opener away in Estonia 😂

• Haha 1

Arguably a correlation with City getting better as has been alluded to by others, but international football as an entity just feels less special than it used to, bar World Cups where it genuinely seems as if everything stands still when England are on. Even they've managed to be tainted by the absolute farce of 2022.

Outside of that, friendlies, qualifiers and the Nations League range from desperately to moderately dull, despite the admirable intent to inject some life into it all with the latter. Even the last couple of Euros have felt quite vanilla, Portugal drawing their way to winning it in 2016. 2008 was the last one I properly enjoyed and we weren't even in the thing.

Edited by Langston
  • Like 1

England v the dross in qualifying groups is beyond awful. 

It's totally overdone and so many nations should go into pre qualifying groups. 

Denmark 8 - 0 win tonight is yet another example. 

When we get to the tournaments, I'm interested, whilst we're in it, which normally isn't that long. 

I've always been interested in Leicester games, but not everyone was watching us v Barnsley, Gillingham and Port Vale. 

There's much more enjoyment when we're giving Man U or Spurs a good game. 

England, dispite losing, usually played better in games v Holland, Germany or France. 

It's Leicester all the way for me, but I'd dearly love to see us win a major tournament. 

Not for the FA, the annoying media or the players, that already have a too high opinion of themselves. 

But for the people, and many of our brilliant travelling supporters (not the dickheads) 

I assume the better your club, the less interested you are in England.. 

Man Utd, Liverpool flags have never been represented at England games. Always stoke, Rochdale, hartlepool, Yeovil...basically the brexit towns

When we were shit, I kinda supported england to the tune of 3% of my passion. Now it's zero. And I mean zero. I wouldn't give two hoots if they were even in a final (or, at the most, would watch to see how Barnes, Maddison and JJ got on)

Edited by Paninistickers
  • Like 1

I think after years of underperforming and the end of the so called golden generation, England 1-2 Iceland and Roy Hodgson finally broke me as an England fan, never really had the same desire except for the 2018 world cup when we thought it was coming home for a few weeks, Leicester all day for me and without hesitation.

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 1

I'm England through and through but get annoyed over the years with selections the choice of managers and the attitude of some players. But this way if you gave me a choice between Leicester winning the Fa Cup or England winning the euro's i'd go with the Fa Cup win, I mean yeah the euro's is big but it's not the world cup. If it was Leicester winning the fa cup or England winning the world cup... then it would have to be the world cup. Cause the whole country would be happy. 

13 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Fvck England, it’s just a metaphor for London and it’s fashionable northern satellites of Manchester and Liverpool. Italia 90, there was a World Cup, england represented by players from loads of different clubs, now it’s about shoehorning the newest kid from the ‘big 6”. I’m sorry but international football sucks balls at the moment. 

Italia 90, the best World Cup there's ever been. So iconic.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I'm England through and through but get annoyed over the years with selections the choice of managers and the attitude of some players. But this way if you gave me a choice between Leicester winning the Fa Cup or England winning the euro's i'd go with the Fa Cup win, I mean yeah the euro's is big but it's not the world cup. If it was Leicester winning the fa cup or England winning the world cup... then it would have to be the world cup. Cause the whole country would be happy. 

I'm disappointed in you 

• Like 2

Leicester. I've only been to one England match so I've never really felt part of it. I used to be up for the tournaments as a youngster and I hope we do well at the next one, if a couple of our players get in then great (I used to enjoy watching Vardy and Maguire play) but the England disappointments have never felt the same as Leicester's.

Honestly, this international break has been welcome mainly for the fact our season is pretty draining and we don't need to focus on what we're doing, others around us are doing etc.

I actually voted for England. Hear me out.

When England win a trophy, it’s a multinational event - the scale feels bigger when it comes to the World Cup, Euros, etc. compared to the FA Cup. Obviously the question is quite vague when you say trophy - if the domestic trophy in question is tournament based, I’d say England. The Premier League title is the only trophy I would categorise above the international trophies (minus the likes of Nations League).

It’s strange that I answered England, believe me. I’m fully in the camp of Leicester > England when it comes to who I’d rather watch or who I’m more passionate about but this question isn’t about any of that if you think about it. For me it’s a question of scale, hence my answer is England. Look how 2018 hyped up the country. It almost eclipsed the levels of Leicester in 2016. It certainly would have if we won it.

• Like 1

Bin pointless friendlies, sack off the nations league, have two tier/seeded qualifying so it's more competitive, and bring back the home nations internationals instead. There's too much international football these days.

Watching England used to be exciting and the players used to care. It all went downhill when the money got stupid and club managers started pulling players out of meaningless games with fake injuries. 

The WC has too many teams in it now and playing it in Qatar during the winter is bollux.

I still support England from a distance and would still dearly love to see us win the WC in my lifetime, but I'm not holding my breath and won't lose any sleep over it.

Leicester winning the FA Cup would give me more joy.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Leicester all day long. Not even in the same bracket. 

Not even interested in England games anymore, dislike the majority of players and the manager. Sub-conciously find myself cheering on the opposition if I ever catch any of the games which is quite sad I suppose.

Have been supporting the opposition since 1996.Had a slight rekindle when Vardy broke through,only for the likes of Welbeck to be preferred.

As for the tournament’s,well the powers that be seem to be on a crusade to ruin them.It’s harder to not qualify for the Euros now than to get to the finals.Less is more.Now a perfectly functioning  World Cup is to be ruined.All in the interest of greed of course.

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

I’m English and as a kid wanted England to win the World Cup/euros. The older I’ve got though, I don’t actually care about them anymore. I find it hard to support a team made up of players I don’t like. I don’t have any passion for international football what’s so ever. Just wondering if any other Leicester fan feels the same ? 

I'm English, I support England in all sports (including cricket), I think Gareth has created a team with snobbery and personally find them boring, but I want them to win and always will.

• Like 1

Can't believe anybody voted for England. I watched the World Cup Final in 66 and never missed an England game for 50 odd years. The Iceland debacle was the final straw. The FA appoint yes men above winners who then pander to the big clubs with biased selections. The recent World Cup run flattered to deceive. As soon as we played a decent team we were undone. We have talented and creative young players who, with a progressive coach and a free reign when it comes to selection, could elevate us to contender status at international level but we all know it just won't happen. Nothing will change, just a repeat of what happened with the likes of Franky Wortho and Cloughie. I didn't watch either of these 'qualifiers' against non league and league 1 opposition. The results were a foregone conclusion. Sadly my passion for England has been completely sucked out of me over the decades and as long as the old boys club that runs the FA continues to do so I can't see that changing.   

Edited by SixtiesFox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Leicester before England. 

However during tournaments and big games I'm a massive England fan and will virtually forget about Leicester for the duration of a tournament.

Might be fairweather but I'm not interested in England during qualifiers (unless it's a big game like Vs Scotland few years back) and certainly not during friendlies. I hate the international break with a passion