Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

New Champions League format from 2024

1 minute ago, adam said:

****ing tottenham though. Fuming with how they have the cheek to even apply for it. Forest are more deserving than those toss pots 

Arsenal are acting like spoilt prats, can't accept there are no longer that huge force and becoming a mid table club. Just no honour here whatsoever... we're far from the days of this being a working class games. 

4 minutes ago, adam said:

****ing tottenham though. Fuming with how they have the cheek to even apply for it. Forest are more deserving than those toss pots 

Out of rep points, but yes they are. I wouldn't be surprised in Levy wasn't a big instigator of this.

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Unless they've seen plans for it to be sold in a netflix style subscription service :ph34r:

Just quickly bought greedy-yanks-do-soccer.com

I am gonna be a millionaire when they realise the domain name is taken already lol

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

UEFA and FIFA are going to clamp down hard on the clubs and players involved, credit to the German and French clubs having nothing to do with it.

PSG have a member on eufa council, so for now they are going to oppose the idea, Bayern will be chalked in as they wouldn’t want to miss out as a founder member

7 minutes ago, adam said:

Tottenham would be by far the smallest club in the Super League. Huge revenues but they don't have the trophies nor the global fan base to be considered elite. 

Edited by Koke

Hearing something very bizarre but apparently if this statement does come out at half 9. Leicester will win the fa cup and Chelsea will be thrown out the competition and Leicester will go top of the league. I’m not claiming to be ITK it’s just something I’ve heard. If this statement is put out genuinely Leicester could win the double this season. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Hearing something very bizarre but apparently if this statement does come out at half 9. Leicester will win the fa cup and Chelsea will be thrown out the competition and Leicester will go top of the league. I’m not claiming to be ITK it’s just something I’ve heard. If this statement is put out genuinely Leicester could win the double this season. 

432008031_FOLDED_HANDS_3D_LIGHT_SKIN_TON

It’s April the 18th (not the 1st) ......

Think I've just died and gone to heaven lol 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

It’s 21:50 ......

7 minutes ago, Corky said:

A closed shop is the absolute worst idea in sport. Could you imagine the exact same 20 teams in the Premier League every season? Sheffield United getting another go after this one? Derby in 2008? Us in 2002?

I know it's all £££££ which is the driving force behind this, but you can tell how far the owners are detached from any semblance of reality of what fans love and cherish about football when they make it a closed shop. It makes absolutely no sense and is totally the worst idea football can consider.

Jake Humphrey made a quite simple but effective point - can you imagine fans travelling extra distances and paying loads more than they do now to support their team, knowing they've finished bottom or have nothing to play for, with absolutely no reward at all? Spurs fans travelling the final 3 games of Barca, Real and MIlan for instance as they finish bottom of this super league, knowing full well they are safe and will just be in the league again.

It's pathetic.

I hope there's a huge revolt from fans about this - and not just football fans in general, but fans in particular of the clubs involved in this. There has to be huge protests by these fans against their owners and clubs to even have the gall to consider it, let alone actively pursue it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I know it's all £££££ which is the driving force behind this, but you can tell how far the owners are detached from any semblance of reality of what fans love and cherish about football when they make it a closed shop. It makes absolutely no sense and is totally the worst idea football can consider.

Jake Humphrey made a quite simple but effective point - can you imagine fans travelling extra distances and paying loads more than they do now to support their team, knowing they've finished bottom or have nothing to play for, with absolutely no reward at all? Spurs fans travelling the final 3 games of Barca, Real and MIlan for instance as they finish bottom of this super league, knowing full well they are safe and will just be in the league again.

It's pathetic.

I hope there's a huge revolt from fans about this - and not just football fans in general, but fans in particular of the clubs involved in this. There has to be huge protests by these fans against their owners and clubs to even have the gall to consider it, let alone actively pursue it.

Domestic fans don't want this- most are comfortable with playing in the domestic league and in Europe- it'll be the international fans who are the market. These games will go around the world.

The Premier League is a greedy set-up but at least it isn't a closed shop and you have an equal vote. This whole shebang sounds like the worst of everything in terms of greed, lack of competition, entitlement and whatever else.

• Like 1

Imagine calling it a Super League, investing all that money and then sitting down to watch Arsenal v AC Milan in game one. A mid table Premier League team V a team that couldn’t even make the 1/4 finals of the Europa League.

In fact of the 12 clubs to sign up for this 1/3 of them have played in the Europa League this season - and only 4 of them are still in European competition.

As it stands currently only half the clubs are guaranteed to be in the Champions League next season and at least three may not be in European competition at all!

Super League - You’re having a laugh

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Wait till the statement comes out is all I’m saying but Leicester could win the cup without playing the final and Leicester and West Ham will be playing for the title. 

Which is pretty much ours then given we play 3 of the big 6 before the end of the season and West Ham only once.