Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

New Champions League format from 2024

2 minutes ago, demon_dog said:

Should be denied playing in any league or cup games. Players banned from representing their countries. 

Sod em. 

Whilst I agree it's a real rubbish situation.  You can't really ban players from playing for their countries, especially those already contracted to these teams, they didn't sign up to this did they.  The oil tycoons etc and billionaire businessmen interested in nothing but money did.

Just now, kristianity77 said:

Whilst I agree it's a real rubbish situation.  You can't really ban players from playing for their countries, especially those already contracted to these teams, they didn't sign up to this did they.  The oil tycoons etc and billionaire businessmen interested in nothing but money did.

It causes a revolt from within though. The players won’t be happy. 

Just now, kristianity77 said:

I agree you can't punish them without giving the ample time/choice to direct their career away. Banning them will only hurt the players, not the club. If anything it'll benefit the club as their asset gets a full summer's rest.

Absolutely delighted with our win today but this whole stinking turd puts a dampner on it. The "big 6" can all crash and burn for me. Disgusting vile football clubs ran by disgusting vile owners. The fans need to make a stand. 

I think the likes of Liverpool, Man U, Juventus etc. may have overplayed their hand, especially with the top French and German sides saying no to this as well. 

Shows the hypocrisy within the clubs (Liverpool are the worst for this given their the supposed 'people's club', and it's not just the super league but the way their fans attacked the Real Madrid bus as well) and the fear mentality (as well as greed) that's exists within the so-called Big Six. 

Hopefully it moves the initiative back to the domestic federations and European/World federations. They could really now put the pressure on and set the terms for these disgraceful clubs if they have the courage to do, especially with the public largely behind them. 

Said it before and I’ll say it again. These clubs have literally stuck two fingers up at the FA and called the game in to disrepute. Fine them all and deduct points now for their sheer arrogance. See how they like those apples. 

fans of all clubs will fight against this. Have to say, I’m fuching livid. If the FA don’t act I won’t be surprised but I will be exceedingly pissed off. 

This is where I’d love to see a couple of current players with the balls to come out and say what they think.

This goes against everything we love about football and I honestly can’t see it working, amongst fans there is simply no appetite for this competition.

They are abandoning their local fans who will turn to Phoenix clubs and the likes of Salford City and Barnet for come and go overseas fans who will change clubs as their favourite player leaves.

This will be the death of the clubs involved.

The Premier League needs to act quickly and deduct 30 points from each club who has signed up for this - meaning Arsenal and possibly Spurs would be relegated and the other 4 would miss out on the CL for next season. 
Go hard and let the money know the game is more important.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

I'm embarrassed that English clubs have signed up to this when the Germans and French clubs have done the right thing. 

It is a poorly timed, blatant, insulting, protectionistic*, destructive money grab. Shame on them.

* I made this word up, but it obeys the rules of English, sort of, and ‘I am sure you know what it means

Instead of moving existing clubs, why don't they just create new franchises and allow them to sign players to these newly formed clubs.

Just have a 12 team super league. They don't need to be based at a ground as different stadiums around the world can host the games. Fans obviously aren't necessary so there's no worries there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I'm embarrassed that English clubs have signed up to this when the Germans and French clubs have done the right thing. 

Doesn't surprise me about German clubs but fair play to PSG. They genuinely suffer by being in a shit league and yet they stand up to something which clearly would benefit them. Well done.

• Like 3

Just now, filbertway said:

Instead of moving existing clubs, why don't they just create new franchises and allow them to sign players to these newly formed clubs.

Just have a 12 team super league. They don't need to be based at a ground as different stadiums around the world can host the games. Fans obviously aren't necessary so there's no worries there.

Because it would cost too much for the owners. A lot of these owners put their debt onto the club. They can't do that with what you're suggesting. And while they don't care about local fans (ie grass root fans) they DO rely on international viewers that have been built up over decades. Manchester United as a brand has value, The Glazers FC doesn't.   

This could have gone in another thread re our top 4 chances but what's important to us in the coming week(s) is that it doesn't cause any kind of disruption for our players, go out, get the results, get the position then wait for the s**t-shower to sort itself out, don't have a "what's the point" attitude. In fact a non big 6 side finishing in the top 4 is the best evidence and example of what's so wrong, it can be exhibit A. Our boys are focused professionals but they will be seeing this, thinking about this, discussing this, it might affect their attitude when playing Utd, Chelsea, Spurs but they need to just try to shut it out, do the talking on the pitch.

• Like 1