Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

Not sure if true but my friend is a massive spurs fan and knows a few people and says mouriniho refused to take training this morning as protest over this super league and was sacked along with his coaching staff who also refused . if this is true then would love to see players and other managers do this 

1 minute ago, dorsetboy said:

Not sure if true but my friend is a massive spurs fan and knows a few people and says mouriniho refused to take training this morning as protest over this super league and was sacked along with his coaching staff who also refused . if this is true then would love to see players and other managers do this 

I've heard that as well. (cos i iz itk)

12 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

You can’t claim to be anti super league and then say you would invite Rangers and Celtic to the PL. 

Riots every weekend. Pro IRA songs going down well. Town Centres wrecked. What a prospect.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dorsetboy said:

Did not work for OGS when he and the players refused to take part in the UCL knock-out stage. 

14 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

It's not the same thing. The premier league will need to make themselves marketable for the good of the other 14 clubs and bringing in Celtic and Rangers would certainly do that. Maybe not straight into the premier league but maybe a league or two below. 

It is the same thing. It's motivated by money.... its exactly the same. 

I think it will happen but not in favour of it. 

Guest Danny Clender
13 minutes ago, Hack said:

Can't imagine the teams who signed up to this rebel league had any idea of the negative reaction from everyone including their own fans the associations uefa fifa and even govts.

bit like the attendees at Perez's party.

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Good start but more of them need to come out with this, in particular those at the big clubs or those wanted by the big clubs. 

Imagine the impact if Mbappe, Haaland, Sancho, etc all came out and said they refuse to sign for an ESL team. Imagine it De Bruyne, Bruno Fernandes, Kane, etc all downed tools and refused to finish the season? 

They could show the owners who actually holds the power and kill this overnight. 

• Like 1

I had no idea about this, was still on a beer-led high from last night lol Unbelievable. What must the actual (match-going) fans of these clubs think?

Sky Sports secretly excited about this I think, whilst letting the likes of Neville and Carragher cry out against it. They and other stations have used "big six" so often that it's crept into football's vocabulary and it has led to Tottenham actual Hotspur calling the shots of European Football. What the **** is happening.

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Good start but more of them need to come out with this, in particular those at the big clubs or those wanted by the big clubs. 

Imagine the impact if Mbappe, Haaland, Sancho, etc all came out and said they refuse to sign for an ESL team. Imagine it De Bruyne, Bruno Fernandes, Kane, etc all downed tools and refused to finish the season? 

They could show the owners who actually holds the power and kill this overnight. 

Yeah I am waiting for a megastar with several years left on their contract, I imagine Herrera's deal is up in the summer haha

There’s talk that the clubs have “had to do this for financial reasons” as they are haemorrhaging money due to the pandemic. These clubs owe a lot of money to banks and that’s the rumour as to why JP Morgan are prepared to underwrite it to the tune of £5 billion because if clubs like Barcelona (rumoured to be £1 billion in debt go under) they won’t get their money back from previous loans/investment. 

Edited by GingerrrFox

19 minutes ago, Hack said:

Can't imagine the teams who signed up to this rebel league had any idea of the negative reaction from everyone including their own fans the associations uefa fifa and even govts.

I think they probably thought “were bigger than all of that”.

Just now, GingerrrFox said:

There’s talk that the clubs have “had to do this for financial reasons” as they are haemorrhaging money due to the pandemic. These clubs owe a lot of money to banks and that’s the rumour as to why JP Morgan are prepared to underwrite it to the tune of £5 billion because if clubs like Barcelona (rumoured to be £1 billion in debt go under) they won’t get their money back from precious loans/investment. 

Good. Let them piss off and do that and then return in several years in division 8 where any finances outside of what they make from domestic football cannot be counted.

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I believe psg said they won't allow transfers to the super league, not saying mbappe wouldn't be up for it...

23 minutes ago, dorsetboy said:

Screenshot_20210419-114723.png

• Like 1