Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Marc Albrighton

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

Hard to see Albrighton wanting to leave, as he's a LCFC man through and through and plays more than he probably should as-is.

Pretty sure he’s Villa through and through 😂 

• Like 1

Can play in a 433 or as a wing back.  Useful player however we go.  At times, as a sub, he positively changes the energy of the team.  

It looks like we want four players who can play wide up front.  We have Barnes, Albrighton and Sowah (an argument for Ricardo too).  We want another player who can play wide not to lose one.

And he's a legend.

KEEP!

I think we need to keep a core of British leadership group at the heart and soul of the club, we have lost Morgan, Simpson, King and James over the last few seasons. Leaving Vardy, Evans, Albrigthon and Kasper (Who grow-up in England).

So it would be a no from me, unless it a offer to good to turn down.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Merchant_Banker said:

If he wants the move then he has earned the right to be given that chance. He is 31 and will find his opportunities reducing as we improve the squad. He may want to move to a club where he might keep getting regular game time. If he would prefer to stay then he is not for sale.

Agree entirely - this is the principled spproach

Erm, how about no Burnley. Valuable member of the squad who proves his worth time and again. Hard pass at selling him.

Also, if he did leave we would have 2 wingers (Barnes and Sowah) when we actively need another winger. Not going to happen.

3 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Up to Marc this. If he secures a better deal and is guaranteed to play more in the medium term at Burnley then it's understandable if he want to go. He deserves this.

If he decides to go I will respect his decision and wish him well. but it would be with a heavy heart as he is a LCFC Legend

According to the Mail, he's in talks with Burnley, he couldn't do that without permission surely? Unfortunately I think there's something in this. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

In fairness, there's no way a player as reliable as Albrighton should be restricted to a handful of league starts - he's probably got a couple more seasons in his legs before perhaps dropping down to a Championship club so if he wants to maximise playing time I wouldn't blame him. Will be heartbreaking to see him play for someone else though. 

15 minutes ago, Webbo said:

According to the Mail, he's in talks with Burnley, he couldn't do that without permission surely? Unfortunately I think there's something in this. 

We must be going big on a winger. To lose Albrighton and having flogged Gray as well we will need at least 1 new one. Sowah will be involved you'd hope. 

9 minutes ago, Richardson said:

If he decides to go I will respect his decision and wish him well. but it would be with a heavy heart as he is a LCFC Legend

Premier League, FA Cup, first Champions League goal ... absolute legend. Like Fuchs, I expect the club will take care of him when his playing career is over.

Since the 2016-2017 season, Albrighton has seen players signed to replace him, and forced his way back on the team. But, truth is, the reason he played so much last season is because of the huge number of injuries. If we have a fully fit squad, he will miss the bench most games.

Marc is in his early 30s -- it's a fully legitimate career move to stay at the club and provide cover. It's also a fully legitimate move to want to play every week.

If he wants to go, I hold no grudge, but I'd hate it if he was asked to find another club.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Pretty sure players talk with clubs all the time without permission

Only time it becomes a problem is when it is really obvious like Liverpool with Van Dijk

Personally I’d be absolutely delighted if the club can sign an upgrade on Kevin as our 3rd/4th choice wide player for next season.

As others have said, Sharky goes if he wants to - if he’d prefer to stay and accept being a squad option only then he’d be more than welcome to.

Obviously if he goes we’d be looking at signing two wide players both better than him. What’s not to like about that?

He’ll always be a hero here, a title winner and an FA Cup winner, but his time in or near the first team is drawing to a close