Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Marc Albrighton

2 hours ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

If we want to keep moving forward as a club then get rid. He’s nowhere near the level we’re at now and everyone in this thread being way over sentimental. He’s not good enough for us anymore. He’ll suit Burnley very well and still be able to play week in week out in the premier league. The time is coming and that era of Leicester city is over and we need to move on. We can’t keep people around just because they’re legends. Time to make new legends. 

How dare you talk about Kevin in that way. 

2 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

He's loyal, knows our club, has experience with us, has never got his head turned like Mahrez, Maguire or Chilwell. You can't just get rid of a guy, others move on but he's the type of player like Morgan who stays till he retires.

Is there any wonder when the clubs he gets linked with are in the ilk of Burnley 😂

I like Marc as a professional, but think his game time here is going to get shorter. His goals contribution can easily be replaced and with the links to several wingers seems like we are trying to upgrade. 

That being said his experience in the dressing room could be missed and I don’t think the transfer fee will be anything over 5 mil so I wouldn’t be against him staying at all. 

I think for the club to move forward we need to be bringing in a better winger than albrighton, someone made a good point earlier in the thread about full backs having better stats than him. 1 goal in 3 seasons isn’t good enough for a winger in a top 6 teams and if you took blue tinted glasses off he wouldn’t get in any top 10 team for me. 

It’s hard not to be sentimental when talking about title and fa cup winning players for us, but if the move is right for Marc I wouldn’t begrudge him the move and definitely think we can improve on him, despite him being a club legend.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

He's loyal, knows our club, has experience with us, has never got his head turned like Mahrez, Maguire or Chilwell. You can't just get rid of a guy, others move on but he's the type of player like Morgan who stays till he retires.

Maybe because no big club is offering £50m for Albrighton lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Everything ok at home buddy? lol

Edgy response :crylaugh:but in all seriousness people need to move on. The club has outgrown the hardworking but limited quality Pearson era type players. I like Albrighton and he does put in a good shift but he’s very limited and not someone we need anymore. You can’t be sentimental in football I’m afraid. Just because he’s a good pro and got a lot experience, he’s not someone we need on the bench anymore. He’s still good enough for say Burnley but we’ve completely above that now. Like the people who waffle on about us being in league one. That Leicester city has gone now, welcome to the new era. 

• Like 3

Not gonna lie, we need a more attacking wing to progress than Albrighton, his strength with his crossing is not something our forwards really benefit much from. But I think the fit for Burnley would be superb. I remember them as being particularly tricky off set pieces. Wood has some ability w his head, doesn't he? 

Not that I want to lose him. He is a very valuable player off the bench for us, and is perfectly capable of starting as we have seen. Great as a sub when we have a lead. Would keep him, but if he will get more PT, I get it.

19 hours ago, SO1 said:

Don't you start with McNeil :plancque:

....I would take McNeil......!!!

Like Zaha, he is getting to play Premiership football but just going through the motions. He is in effect trapped at Burnley, priced out of the market due to his value to his team and no option to leave as his club has no reason to lower their valuation. All he can do is run his contract down, but he is losing valuable time in his career tied to a club seemingly only looking to stay in the league.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Edgy response :crylaugh:but in all seriousness people need to move on. The club has outgrown the hardworking but limited quality Pearson era type players. I like Albrighton and he does put in a good shift but he’s very limited and not someone we need anymore. You can’t be sentimental in football I’m afraid. Just because he’s a good pro and got a lot experience, he’s not someone we need on the bench anymore. He’s still good enough for say Burnley but we’ve completely above that now. Like the people who waffle on about us being in league one. That Leicester city has gone now, welcome to the new era. 

There's nothing sentimental about it, if you want us to be a top team you don't go shifting dependable members of the squad, weakening yourself for a long season.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

The club has outgrown the hardworking but limited quality Pearson era type players.. 

Is that criticism towards the messianic Pearson? Bringer of love, life and light to the fair city of Leicester? The man single-handedly responsible for 2015/16? He who individually moulded Kante and Mahrez into world-class players?

Get outta town, this is FoxesTalk! 

#AnnouncePearson

• Like 2

It's not just that Albrighton gives his all, it's that he does everything the manager tells him to do on the touchline when he goes on the pitch until fulltime. Nothing more nothing less. This why I'd like to extend his contract, to keep that foxes ethos as an old head.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

If we want to keep moving forward as a club then get rid. He’s nowhere near the level we’re at now and everyone in this thread being way over sentimental. He’s not good enough for us anymore. He’ll suit Burnley very well and still be able to play week in week out in the premier league. The time is coming and that era of Leicester city is over and we need to move on. We can’t keep people around just because they’re legends. Time to make new legends. 

It's not about sentimentality, it's about squad management. You're literally advocating for us to have a squad where the only wide options are:

• a returning from long injury Barnes and;
  • a not good enough Perez

We want to increase our depth in that area, not decrease it. Albrighton with 1 year left on his contract would command a negligible fee, so it's not even like your argument can be about reinvesting the funds into a new winger.

This is also ahead of a long season in 4 competitions, on the back of the Euros and after a long season last time, which in turn came after an incredibly short break. This squad will be playing for it's 3rd straight year in a row with little rest. 

Albrighton played 42 times last season, it's clear that his role is dependable squad player. Just like Fuchs and Morgan were before. You can't have 25 starters in your squad, there's only a handful of clubs in world football that have that. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

He is absolutely built for Burnley, but I can't see us getting rid of him yet.

He is also one year away from being out of contract. I think it's possible that if Burnley offers 3 years, it could tempt him. I can't see us offering him more than a one year extension.

1 minute ago, enmac said:

Who cares about what's good for Burnley? Not for sale. We wouldn't even get much cash for him. 

If it frees up a spot for a player that will actually contribute goals and assists then I'm all aboard for it to be honest. If I had to shift him or Perez first though, it'd be Perez

I accept that given the amount he plays he doesn't offer anything, but I can't bring myself to actively want him to leave lol Not sure how long he's got left but should see out his contract IMO. Every year we think we will see less of him but we never do. Stats are terrible but he's played a role in a title win and two 5th placed finishes. Can't be that bad can he. 

I know they are probably one in ten but Albrighton on a good day always makes me smile.