Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Marc Albrighton

With experienced long term servants Morgan and fuchs going I wouldn’t be keen letting him go. That mixture of experience and youth vital, we’ve signed two fairly young lads so far and potentially have KDH and Sowah being involved too. His role off the pitch with kasper Jonny and vardy is still very important I think. I think he will sign one year extension. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Surely one of the nicest players ever to play for us and has been a brilliant servant for the club. Wouldn't begrudge him a move if it's what he wants but still feel with the amount of games we're likely to play this season he'll be useful at some stage 

Yeah it would be odd for him to want out after his best season and most games in a few years.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Gerard said:

I don't think anyone has said he's useless but as with every player it's price dependent. 

An offer of £8m+ would be a sell

An offer of £4m-£8m would be worth considering

An offer of less than £4m is probably a no

Albrighton is 31 and a squad player, a chance to cash in on players with this profile has to be entertained at the right price. 

:nigel:

What an awful opinion. We have fvck all wide options as it is and you think we should consider selling a player that played in 31 out of 38 league matches last season for £4-8m?

18 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Happens to every club, get a sniff of success and the glory hunters with no sense of reality come crawling out to say nothing's ever good enough unless the club are fulfilling their contractual duty to supply them with an endless supply of win-induced endorphins.

It's not just every club, plenty of England fans have been spouting off the same way and crying about not winning every game 3-0 this Euros too. :P

16 hours ago, Nick said:

If Kevin wants to go, let him go.

If he doesn’t he can see out PL games, start in all cup games including Europa.

He knows what the manager wants, how to deliver it and is a key and loved component of the dressing room.

Sell yeah if the player wants to go and even then I wouldn’t if we couldn’t get 15 plus.

No sentimentally, this is about ability not history. 

Agree..but History for a legend, has its place & calling.   

when a Player reaches a certain time at a club, there will always be Emotion & sentimentality...he

Whether the odd few like @Koke Dont rate him, his or other players qualities are shown by how the majority of fans see his past contributions, and potential

Value & longer career at the club...But even more so ,how the coach & teammates hold him/them Close to their valuations for the seasons needs & treadmill.

19 minutes ago, matty98 said:

:nigel:

What an awful opinion. We have fvck all wide options as it is and you think we should consider selling a player that played in 31 out of 38 league matches last season for £4-8m?

Note I said "consider" an offer up to £8m.

It's all dependent on a lot of factors, If we could pick up a couple out of Faivre, Madueke or Pereira from West Brom and get two of these for £30-£35m then £8m is great business for a squad player who is 31 with a year left on his contract.

I'm not saying Albrighton should be shoved out the door by any means and I'm happy to keep him but I'm a great believer in selling players who are past their mid 20's and still can't get into the first XI if the offer is a good one.

• Haha 1

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/burnley-leicester-city-transfer-albrighton-20979773

Marc Albrighton to Burnley transfer latest, Leicester City stance and James Tarkowski clarity

How keen are Burnley?

The Clarets are interested.

While a formal bid hasn't been submitted by the club, Albrighton is a player on the Burnley radar.

He fits the Dyche mould and would represent a low-risk signing and one capable of slotting straight into the team.

His experience, versatility and attributes all fit the Burnley bill and it's a potential deal to watch over the coming weeks.

What's Leicester's stance?

It's understood the Foxes would be reluctant sellers.

Brendan Rodgers said he 'loved' everything about Albrighton in May and while no talks over a new deal have commenced, it is thought the Leicester chief would like to keep the 31-year-old past next summer never mind this.

While not a regular starter, Albrighton is able to play wide midfield, where Leicester's options are also limited, while also offering wing back cover.

It could come down to the player's wishes.

Could James Tarkowski come into play given he has previously been a target of Leicester's?

Leicester tried to sign Tarkowski last summer, seeing a bid rejected by Burnley, but at this stage they are not back in for the centre back.

The 28-year-old is entering the final year of his Clarets contract and as things stand he is set to depart on a free transfer next summer.

There is no indication he could form any part of a move for Albrighton.

Think I’m in the minority but I’d sell if the price was right, he’s a legend and steady performer when needed but if we could use the money to put towards a younger better player then that’s more important for me. I wouldn’t sell unless we got a top winger in and a squad player winger 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Worth noting that the recent takeover used all of Burnley’s cash and loaded the club with well over £100M in debt.

Even more than in the past, probably wishful thinking that we would get a decent price for any player out of them.  And I can't imagine them enticing Kev with a pay raise.

On 05/07/2021 at 18:46, Fox92 said:

People call him "underrated" every time he has a good game. Probably has the most threads on here as a player.

It is a lazy cliche, I agree.

.. a cliche it may be.. !!!

But he sure proves detractors wrong each season and do not be surprised if he is not called up to play as often as last season. 

What ever manager is in the hot seat; seems to turn to him every time, can't be a coincidence!!!

31 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

But he sure proves detractors wrong each season and do not be surprised if he is not called up to play as often as last season. 

What ever manager is in the hot seat; seems to turn to him every time, can't be a coincidence!!!

It may not be a coincidence but it does have an awful lot to do with the calibre of player he's competing with. If we keep on signing crap wingers then he's going to keep on playing. I don't think it's particularly worthy of celebration that he's managed to force his way in front of the likes of Demarai Gray, Rachid Ghezzal and the Turkish Demarai Gray.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I'm not saying it is a councidence. I like Albrighton and he's been good for us but he's nothing more than a squad player. I'd like us to be going for wingers who will score more.

Our wide options are shocking and this is an area we need to improve.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I'm not saying it is a councidence. I like Albrighton and he's been good for us but he's nothing more than a squad player. I'd like us to be going for wingers who will score more.

Our wide options are shocking and this is an area we need to improve.

So we sell our backup winger, and then we have to sign two wingers?

56 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

So we sell our backup winger, and then we have to sign two wingers?

Depends on what Rodgers thinks of Sowah after his return from OHL.

If he want to give him game time to develop and we get in a new RW, could mean we are will to let Marc go. 

However I still expect him to sign a new contract, funny how these stories crop up when a player needs a new one 

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Depends on what Rodgers thinks of Sowah after his return from OHL.

If he want to give him game time to develop and we get in a new RW, could mean we are will to let Marc go. 

However I still expect him to sign a new contract, funny how these stories crop up when a player needs a new one 

Just 3 wingers in Barnes, Sowah and a new player is asking for trouble, 1 injury and we are back to using players out of position, hoping our current options don’t get knocks they have to play with or getting burnt out

Realistically we should have 2 starters (Barnes and New Guy) and 2 players to cover (Sowah and Albrighton)

Burnley are desperate for midfield players who can play out wide and get balls in the box. Albrighton can play on both wings so from their perspective I'm not surprised they're trying. I'm torn on this one and I wouldn't want him to leave at all. But a deal with Tarkowski and this imaginary right winger with the proceeds of sale on top of other exiting players, them I'm not so sure. Sentiments aside...

24 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Just 3 wingers in Barnes, Sowah and a new player is asking for trouble, 1 injury and we are back to using players out of position, hoping our current options don’t get knocks they have to play with or getting burnt out

Realistically we should have 2 starters (Barnes and New Guy) and 2 players to cover (Sowah and Albrighton)

Ideally I agree, but sometimes you have to cut your cloth according. 

We have already spent 40m, a new winger is going to be 20m-40m, we are going to have to balance the books somewhere along the line.