Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Marc Albrighton

Keep him. He's good for the squad and he can't surely be on that much. For the sake of a year, let him stay - he's not amazing but he can see out a game and we know what he can do. I'd be cautious of bringing in a player to replace him that's an unknown. If he gets replaced it has to be with someone who actually stays wide. 

Surely one of the nicest players ever to play for us and has been a brilliant servant for the club. Wouldn't begrudge him a move if it's what he wants but still feel with the amount of games we're likely to play this season he'll be useful at some stage 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Surely one of the nicest players ever to play for us and has been a brilliant servant for the club. Wouldn't begrudge him a move if it's what he wants but still feel with the amount of games we're likely to play this season he'll be useful at some stage

Yup so many matches next season with 3 cup competitions and the League aswell, we need a big squad cos certain will be players will be rested

• Like 1

Looking at Burnley's current wages, looks like 50-60k is their highest. I'm sure Marc is on about that so for him to move he'd likely want that wage plus a long-term contract. I know Burnley have new owners but even still would they make a 31 year old one of their top earners?

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

I was lucky enough to meet Marc and have a little chat with him; he’s one of the nicest footballers around. It’s so clear how much he loves what he gets to do for a living and that he’s still a fan in his heart. 

I hope we sign him to a new deal because I love rooting for the guy but also because it’s incredibly valuable to have a veteran with his character around the younger players. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, sheffield_fox said:

Everyone here saying he's useless and get rid can go with him to support Burnley if he leaves IMHO. 

I don't think anyone has said he's useless but as with every player it's price dependent. 

An offer of £8m+ would be a sell

An offer of £4m-£8m would be worth considering

An offer of less than £4m is probably a no

Albrighton is 31 and a squad player, a chance to cash in on players with this profile has to be entertained at the right price. 

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I don't think anyone has said he's useless but as with every player it's price dependent. 

Albrighton is 31 and a squad player, a chance to cash in on players with this profile has to be entertained at the right price. 

Wrong!

Enjoy your new home. 

Turf-Moor-Jonathan-Morritt.jpg

A very valuable and versatile squad member, plus a top bloke.

Definitely keep and offer a 2 year extension.

Not quite at the same level, but he's definitely got a bit of James Milner about him.

Never lets us down, plays anywhere he's needed and when you think you've got a better option to call on, Mr dependable comes in and gives you a solid 7/8 week in, week out.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sheffield_fox said:

Wrong!

Enjoy your new home. 

Turf-Moor-Jonathan-Morritt.jpg

Just out of interest, what's the highest offer we should turn down? At what point should we sell?

*not expecting you to answer btw as you'll have to come up with a price. :thumbup:

Edited by Gerard

35 minutes ago, Gerard said:

And it would cost more then that to replace his reliability and quality

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I agree with your last sentence but I just can't see them offering any amount that would make up for what he brings to the squad and the necessity of replacing him. Maybe I'm wrong and they're willing to stump up a decent fee but I think we'd be better off getting one more season from him and letting him leave on a free as a legend, rather than taking a relatively small amount that won't meaningfully impact our ability to bring players in and further weakening our options in that position.

42 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Just out of interest, what's the highest offer we should turn down? At what point should we sell?

*not expecting you to answer btw as you'll have to come up with a price. :thumbup:

I get your point but my price would be way higher than what Burnley will be willing to pay. 

£20m. Considering his contract is nearly up. Otherwise much more. Weren't they saying £50m for McNeil before covid? 

He has qualities for us that are basically irreplaceable. If we need the money, sell someone with less experience and understanding of the club. I'd be trying to keep several of the title winners around as coaches after they retire. Possibly including Albrighton. 

Would suit Burnley down to the ground, puts great crosses in for the big strikers, always active and helps out defensively, majority of the fans love him, on a relatively low wage, hold on hold on, why would we consider letting him leave for next to nothing, unless he wants a move, then it’s £15million… :thumbup: