Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

Newcastle (h) : 14:00 Sunday Pre-Match

2 hours ago, Ian S said:

KDH over Barnes and you have it.I really rate Barnes but he is awful presently .Accept he has scored a couple of goals but he looks a poor imitation of the Barnes pre injury last season.

This has been the biggest shame with Ricardo's injury. He started the season well, looked an absolute beast in all his social media stuff over the summer and then he starts to get niggly injuries every few games. As much as I love Castagne, Ricky's a massive player for us on the right side, the only one that gets in behind the full backs and we just can't keep him fit long enough to take some of the pressure off Barnes on the other flank.

• Like 2

On 10/12/2021 at 08:53, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Easiest team talk of Eddie Howe's life. "Get into them, press them, run harder than them". 

And it'll work a treat.

...there was a time under Pearson where that comment would be unthinkable!!!

We were so well conditioned, we were at the top of our fitness within days of returning for a new season. 

• Like 2

Is Ricardo back for this one? If so I’d go with 

Ward 

Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Castagne 

Tielemans Ndidi  

Maddison 

Albrighton            Barnes    
                      Vardy 

If Ricardo isn’t I’d have Castagne at rb and Thomas at lb. 

KDH has to play, alongside Tielemans and Maddison. 

So that means either a diamond or 3-5-2, with Vardy and Daka upfront given Ihenacho and Perez are likely out.

If it's 3-5-2, Ndidi could move into a back 3. He moves into that position anyway when we're defending even if our starting formation is 4-2-3-1, and I think he'd do better than Soyuncu, with either Amartey or Vestergaard the other CB.

Given Thomas hasn't done so well as a LWB compared to how he's played at LB, Castagne would move to the left and Albrighton would come in at RWB. Albrighton has a such a strong pressing game, which could help set a marker for the rest of the team. 

Oh how Newcastle must wish they had Andy Carroll back right now.

He'd probably get a hat trick since we can't defend a header in the Box.

Barnes is trying too hard. He just needs to relax and let it happen for him.

Amartey has to play with Evans and Thomas at LB.

Youri has to play, He was dreadful on Thursday but he has to play himself back up to speed.

I can't understand why Kelechi is not getting a fair run in the side. He's a proven Goal Scorer.

Daka or Vardy. Take your pick it's much of a muchness as Vardy is looking tired lately.

These are the must win games, otherwise the season can get very tough quickly.

14 hours ago, iancognito said:

This has been the biggest shame with Ricardo's injury. He started the season well, looked an absolute beast in all his social media stuff over the summer and then he starts to get niggly injuries every few games. As much as I love Castagne, Ricky's a massive player for us on the right side, the only one that gets in behind the full backs and we just can't keep him fit long enough to take some of the pressure off Barnes on the other flank.

If only we’d tried to sign a right winger?

6 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I'd rather see Amartey centre half than Soyuncu.

Iheanacho or Daka in for Barnes. But not out wide. Change the formation. This persistence of 1 up front is rubbish especially when we've got no quality out wide. 

Iheanacho and Amartey are ill have Covid so doubt they will come in

• Sad 1