Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

Newcastle (h) : 14:00 Sunday Pre-Match

Time for makeshift changes.

Trust the "covid 7" are all out so:

Kasper

Castagne Vestegaard Evans Thomas

Ndidi

Soumare           KDH

Maddison

Daka            Vardy

Ricardo for Castagne if fit (Is Ricardo ever going to be fit again??)

Youri is nowhere near ready to start on yesterdays showing

Barnes needs dropping

Yes im going Vestegaard > Soyuncu...Yes it's slower than a snail with hip issues. But, Soyuncu needs dropping... such a shame Big Dan is unavailable.

I have to say this in case anyone was thinking it...I would much rather we win this game, which results in Rodgers staying than lose and it being a 'final straw' moment and sack him. We have a horrid run of games coming up and I really would rather be three points better off. 

• Like 1

This will be a defining game.  Must win..... or things will become even more Toxic on here and awkward for the likes of myself to defend BR.

A good performance and 3 pts, and there will be offers of BJ's for BR on here come Sunday Night.

Come on you Foxes!:scarf:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, dnewty said:

Saint Maximim going up against our defence isn’t worth thinking about.

We've gotta get Superglue and traction sand into that bear grease he covers himself in. 

There will be boos if we don’t win.

Horrible game really, back off their first win against a team prone to crumble with a fragile defence.

Anything but three points is inexcusable for our aspirations that the quality we have over them.

Feel like Rodgers is a dead man walking if we lose, and play badly.

If we lose and it turns ugly, I reckon the pundits will be incredulous that our fans aren't quietly grateful for all the overachievements since 2015.

They cranked up the snakes and ingrates stuff when Ranieri left.  I think there will be more of that.

Better win, then...

• Like 1

Schmeichel 

Castagne - Amartey - Evans - Thomas    
Albrighton - Ndidi - Tielemans - KDH 

Maddison

Vardy

Running out of ideas…

Need wingers who will work hard and support our full backs, to at least try and keep it tight, and then hope we have enough on the pitch between Maddison/ Vardy/ Youri to grab a goal. Also got Barnes to run at tired legs on the hour mark. 

Edited by Foxes96
  • Like 3

Kasper               

Castagne    Amartey    Evans     Thomas

Ndidi

Tielemans                   KDH

Maddison 

Nacho                    Vardy

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LVocey said:

Time for makeshift changes.

Trust the "covid 7" are all out so:

Kasper

Castagne Vestegaard Evans Thomas

Ndidi

Soumare           KDH

Maddison

Daka            Vardy

Ricardo for Castagne if fit (Is Ricardo ever going to be fit again??)

Youri is nowhere near ready to start on yesterdays showing

Barnes needs dropping

Yes im going Vestegaard > Soyuncu...Yes it's slower than a snail with hip issues. But, Soyuncu needs dropping... such a shame Big Dan is unavailable.

Not sure the 'Covid 7' will be out. We don't know who actually has 'Covid' or who was actually 'ill'. Probably none of them other than Italy wouldn't let them in without 5 days self isolation. 

• Like 1

Honestly don’t know (and that’s the worry).

Newcastle are rubbish, but fighting for Prem survival

An in-form City side would paste them

But I just don’t know about this one. I can see Saint Maximim and Wilson tearing us a new one, but I can also see Vardy and Maddison running the show too

I think there’ll be goals and a narrow home win

2-1 City 

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

If we lose and it turns ugly, I reckon the pundits will be incredulous that our fans aren't quietly grateful for all the overachievements since 2015.

They cranked up the snakes and ingrates stuff when Ranieri left.  I think there will be more of that.

Better win, then...

They started on this narrative against Napoli. Talked about our league finishes, FA cup win, Charity cup win (like suddenly that matters to pundits) and how the fans will find this current rut hard to deal with. 

My issue is I kind of get it. There's no getting around that a part of the fanbase have been demanding BR out for a while now. I don't know what the appropriate lenght of time is before you can call for a manager's head but I'd like some sort of formal decision on this. Take it to the heads of Football for them to decide. That way I can feel confident calling out those who kneejerk too soon and safe in supporting fans who wait until the timelimit has expired. If somebody could do that, I'd be grateful.  

Even if we get 3 points on Sunday I'd still like to see Rodgers gone.

He just doesn't seem like a fit for our club and the issues seem to run much deeper than anything he can miraculously fix.

It's just a free fall and he's nothing more than a spectator to it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, adejo92 said:

Even if we get 3 points on Sunday I'd still like to see Rodgers gone.

He just doesn't seem like a fit for our club and the issues seem to run much deeper than anything he can miraculously fix.

It's just a free fall and he's nothing more than a spectator to it.

When you get to the point of winning a game to save someone's job, it's time up because you'll soon find yourself in the same position again in the near future, I don't mean this specifically about the situation we find ourselves in, I speak generally about all clubs when they find themselves questioning a manager, I couldn't believe how many times Ole's job was 'saved'.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, thankyouleicester said:

Always rated Eddie Howe, when Bournemouth got relegated they were extremely unlucky with injuries.

For me he has potential to be a top tier manager (like a Pep or Klopp).

That's the most dangerous thing here imo.

It's odd how we all see things differently. I've always seen him in a similar mould to Rodgers. Media darling (mostly because he's British), talks a convincing game but mostly all fur coat and no knickers. I wouldn't see his defensive tactics being much of an improvement here 🤣.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

When you get to the point of winning a game to save someone's job, it's time up because you'll soon find yourself in the same position again in the near future, I don't mean this specifically about the situation we find ourselves in, I speak generally about all clubs when they find themselves questioning a manager, I couldn't believe how many times Ole's job was 'saved'.

Ole was loved by the fans, they wanted him to do well. Even after winning the FA cup I don't think any of our fans actually love BR to give him that kind of faith. It does question what manager that has fallen into this kind of situation has dug themselves and the team out of it. What length of time do fans keep the faith?