Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

Newcastle (h) : 14:00 Sunday Pre-Match

Everyone looking forward to this? It’s crazy that we sit mid table in the top flight as FA cup holders and yet the thought of this game tomorrow and the I’m sure inevitable breakdown of our defence is genuinely making me nervous and wound up! Just a good performance over both halves is all I want Santa, please! 

36 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Whats the official reason for Ricardo's absence?

Hamstring injury ahead of the Chelsea game wasn't it?

Followed by the usual 'couple of weeks' comment from Rodgers, 4 weeks later and he's still not available.

Edited by Matt

The isolating and covid affected players will all still be missing for Spurs on Thursday ???

it’s pretty crap that players are having to turn out and risk injury from over playing because some of their team mates refuse to be jabbed …..great for morale ……..I can imagine this will make things even worse behind the scenes …..

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The isolating and covid affected players will all still be missing for Spurs on Thursday ???

it’s pretty crap that players are having to turn out and risk injury from over playing because some of their team mates refuse to be jabbed …..great for morale ……..I can imagine this will make things even worse behind the scenes …..

I'm sure they'll be shedding many tears when they go home to their £4,000,000 mansions

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Not sure who is available and who isn't, but Amartey and Thomas need to come in for Cags and Bertrand.

I'd like to see Ricardo come on, even if he's played higher up on the same side as Castagne. 

...I feel we have become too obsessed with the Fullback providing the width and being a big part in our attacking play!!!

We need a fullback who is a defender foremost and someone who holds his station. We need him to protect the Centre Half and develop some understanding where they are a unit much more than the fullback seeing the Winger as someone he needs to link with further up the pitch.

I read somewhere, where Lee Dixon was having a problem with an attacker, this player was getting the best of the Arsenal defence so Dixon took it on his self, and decided he was going to get tight and sit on this player so as not to allow him to turn. Dixon had relayed what he was doing and his defence adjusted and anticipated accordingly and eventually halfway through the first half, Arsenal got the upper hand with the game.

It goes to show, that the unit at the back comes first, chopping and changing will not help and the Fullbacks other duties are secondary to what he needs to do in his position.

Ricardo or Castagne bursting forward to support the attack is not how we should be basing our game, that sort of play is a bonus, not a mandatory action.