Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whoareyaaa

Nations League 2022

53 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

The Southgate thing is a quandary really. There’s no doubting we’ve got further in tournaments under Southgate than under any of his predecessors in recent times, albeit we have had favourable draws in both competitions.

And he talks well. He’s more a statesman type figure than a football manager imo.

But I’ve never warmed to him. I imagine him as sensible, logical, pleasant… but ultimately boring as f..k

I find his brand of football hard on the eye and he definitely goes safety first. It’s very apparent he goes out not to lose games than to win them.

I know tonight’s game was a meaningless friendly at the end of a long season where, let’s be honest, the players don’t want to be playing this shite. They’d rather be sat on a beach in the West Indies or somewhere.

But even so…. to have as many players with flair at our disposal, to then put on such a staid and lifeless showing as tonight really isn’t on. 

agree

At First he & his teams seemed to Take up that exciting New brush Mantra & ideology...Then If faded & Popped like a Party balloon...

He has One of the Top 3 strikers in the World, and cant bring him into play,with to be fair a decent Choice of a group of young midielders..

and is totally blind to Grealish assets...His squad isn t that Bad or far off, but he then gets that last selection-jigsaw totally wrong..

Though like all England managers, he has a group of players who are totally knackered, After long ardious season

In this competition he should be playing selecting 5-7, wanna bes, & giving Grealish his reigns as a few othsrs...

We know Rice,Kane,Walker,Covid-Sterling...Chose Another new group..If he fancies James ,Mount,Stones,Maguire forr the W.cup then ok

Then Select Bowen ( like Justin he did get selected),Maddison,Prowse, then Play/Select them as an alternative group...Discover a new striker & CB..!!

9 hours ago, MattFox said:

Only decent England performances under Southgate have been against Ukraine and Panama

Got given the run around against Croatia  in 2018 and in the Euros Final after going ahead.

Even against Germany they had enough chances to win 

Gets away with an awful lot due to the squad he has

Yep. Think he did well initially to manifest a bit of team spirit that I don't think had really existed with England since I've followed.

But he's extremely limited. He's taken England as far as I think he really can.

For the good he brought in, he's had about as much luck as you could possibly hope for and we've still won nothing under him. I think perceived credit in the bank has got him at least the next two, maybe even three tournaments as well. Yikes.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Hungary hands down the better side.

They were showing England uonin how to hustle and win the 1st, 2nd and 3rd balls. They were quicker and more incisive in their play. England are their own worst enemies really are. When they do momentarily play quicker they look better but the the finishing is poor. So we are left scratching our heads again. 
I hope this is not the last we see of JJ.

injury is a concern now for club more than country.

I find them far more watchable than England, despite their obviously far inferior players.

25 minutes ago, Raj said:

Do even the players give a feck about this competition?

Southgate's favourites and the ones who know they are on the plane to Qatar wont care, the fringe players would care as they want to impress.

The only exception is Harry Kane who wants to break the England goalscoring record asap.

Edited by Nalis

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Unsurprisingly kicked off in Munich last night. The police took expectation to bonehead flinging Nazi Salutes and songs about German bombers. 

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Unsurprisingly kicked off in Munich last night. The police took expectation to bonehead flinging Nazi Salutes and songs about German bombers. 

1AC8D414-8F56-420A-8032-9C2ED3155F9B.png

0D29DAFE-788B-40CC-B9D2-2CC248D8145B.png

41 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

1AC8D414-8F56-420A-8032-9C2ED3155F9B.png

0D29DAFE-788B-40CC-B9D2-2CC248D8145B.png

Sounds common trip away (can testify to Munich being slightly weird how it’s got beerhalls but then it’s dead in the streets). 7 arrests overnight - 2 for being idiots and another for flinging bottles at coppers. Just can’t get rid of the idiot element making it worse for others. 

5 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Love the originality.