Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whoareyaaa

Nations League 2022

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

Why’s our goalie from a team that nearly got relegated? 

He’d done well for England and Southgate so he keeps faith .

I mean one of the others in the squad is Pope and the other Ramsdale .

Relegated 3 times between them.

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

It's June and the cricket is on.

I love football but there's just too much of it these days.

Agree with this. Just end the season. We don't need football all year round. Does feel like the season never ends.

Edited by Tielemans63
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

We see it very differently. I agree with you that England have a great chance of finally winning a tournament. We have some great players imo

But if we do, it’ll be ‘despite’ Southgate. It won’t be because of him.

I’d love to see this lot play with some real excitement and adventure. We might win something under Gareth, but we’ll never win it excitingly. Or at least, I doubt it

England won’t win anything under Gareth. The euros was a fluke, they got a very favourable draw and then went onto lose to a side that couldn’t even qualify for the World Cup. They’re a bag of shit. The managerial appointments are constantly wrong. They should have won something under Sven and didn’t. And then the era after that they should have won something too, between 2002 - 2010 they had an unbelievable side. The whole England set up is a joke. 

"Stay compact. Pass, pass, pass.", is what Southgate was saying to the lads 30 minutes in. Maybe it was a protest at this is supposed to be the end of the season and they need rest - who actually profits from these games?

Hungary hands down the better side.

They were showing England uonin how to hustle and win the 1st, 2nd and 3rd balls. They were quicker and more incisive in their play. England are their own worst enemies really are. When they do momentarily play quicker they look better but the the finishing is poor. So we are left scratching our heads again. 
I hope this is not the last we see of JJ.

injury is a concern now for club more than country.

14 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

He’d done well for England and Southgate so he keeps faith .

I mean one of the others in the squad is Pope and the other Ramsdale .

Relegated 3 times between them.

Shilton,Banks,Wallington even when Leicester struggled,received top marks 

& Respect..honoured with English caps.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Wanted to watch because of JJ but stopped after 5 minutes (starting around the 40th min) due to intense boredom. Thank god I didnt watch more.

I went to Lidl at half time as I knew that would be more exciting.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

People actually watched this? 

Mental isn’t it. Didn’t even know there was a game until I checked this thread then loaded bbc. They are playing 3 more times in June!! Just checked a WhatsApp group and a friend of a friend has PAID his own money to go see England at molineux next Tuesday night!! Absolutely mental  

15 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Mental isn’t it. Didn’t even know there was a game until I checked this thread then loaded bbc. They are playing 3 more times in June!! Just checked a WhatsApp group and a friend of a friend has PAID his own money to go see England at molineux next Tuesday night!! Absolutely mental  

I can never work that out? Paying you’re own dosh to watch England play a friendly game. If anyone wants to watch it it’s on the tele! 

• Like 1

The Southgate thing is a quandary really. There’s no doubting we’ve got further in tournaments under Southgate than under any of his predecessors in recent times, albeit we have had favourable draws in both competitions.

And he talks well. He’s more a statesman type figure than a football manager imo.

But I’ve never warmed to him. I imagine him as sensible, logical, pleasant… but ultimately boring as f..k

I find his brand of football hard on the eye and he definitely goes safety first. It’s very apparent he goes out not to lose games than to win them.

I know tonight’s game was a meaningless friendly at the end of a long season where, let’s be honest, the players don’t want to be playing this shite. They’d rather be sat on a beach in the West Indies or somewhere.

But even so…. to have as many players with flair at our disposal, to then put on such a staid and lifeless showing as tonight really isn’t on. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

I ain't even mad while Southgate continues to snub Maddison, tbh. Another shite performance in the Three Lions shirt from Mount.

Southgate's golden boy. I haven't seen mount put a decent performance in for ages. We've got some much choice and talent in that position but Southgate sticks with him.