Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Alban Lafont

17 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Is this guy free?

Not meaning, is he tied to another club? …  or is there no transfer fee? … 

But will he play for free?!  Because I don’t see any other way we are going to sign a player this window.

We got rid of Fofana's wage and got a ton of money for him in the summer, at the end of the season at least Youri, Bertrand and Cags, probably Evans' wages too are leaving the wage bill (realistically Maddison's as well), there's no reason we shouldn't be able to make some additions on reasonable wages.

• Like 1

Has a high chance of being the future French number 1. Would be a signing much more like the Leicester of the Macia era.

Looking at realistic GK signings:

- Livkovic. Great World Cup, great shot stopper. Not the best with his feet. Not a good match for us.

- David Raya. Great distribution, great with his feet. Not the best shot stopper. Still would be a decent signing.

- Robert Sanchez. Great at claiming crosses, good distribution. Not the best shot stopper. Would still be a good signing.

- Vlachodimos (Benfica). A bit like Ederson, both good and bad. Would be a good signing IMO.

- Lafont. Great in the air, good with his feet. From the Clairefontaine academy. Good right now but also has a very high ceiling.

Any of the last 4 would be good pickups. Maybe Nubel of Bayern Munich who is on loan at Monaco too, but think he will go back to Bayern in the summer and stay there.

I don't think we sign a keeper in this window, but would look to do so in the summer if we stayed up.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

‘During the podcast 100% FC Nantes "Without Control", journalist Simon Reungoat (Hit West) mentioned Leicester's interest in Alban Lafont. Quick point.’

Probably nothing in it but it’s all cr@p at minute 

Journalist seems to think Nantes might be tempted to sell in the summer, as he'll only have a year left on his contract.

They also mention that Nantes are due to face Juventus in the Europa League, where clubs will doubtless be watching Lafont to see what he's made of.

We've asked after him, apparently, but no negotiations or offer on the table.

In conclusion, we like him, there's no way he'll come in January with a big game like that on the horizon, said game will confirm to bigger hitters than us that he's the real deal, and we'll miss out on him in the summer instead.

Joy.

Edited by CloudFox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Has a high chance of being the future French number 1. Would be a signing much more like the Leicester of the Macia era.

- Livkovic. Great World Cup, great shot stopper. Not the best with his feet. Not a good match for us.

- David Raya. Great distribution, great with his feet. Not the best shot stopper. Still would be a decent signing.

- Robert Sanchez. Great at claiming crosses, good distribution. Not the best shot stopper. Would still be a good signing.

- Vlachodimos (Benfica). A bit like Ederson, both good and bad. Would be a good signing IMO.

- Lafont. Great in the air, good with his feet. From the Clairefontaine academy. Good right now but also has a very high ceiling.

Any of the last 4 would be good pickups. Maybe Nubel of Bayern Munich who is on loan at Monaco too, but think he will go back to Bayern in the summer and stay there.

I don't think we sign a keeper in this window, but would look to do so in the summer if we stayed up.

Etienne Green at St Etienne (swear they only signed him because of his name) is an interesting one. Current England U21 International.

The other whose been on my radar so far this season buy would likely cost a whack is Lucas Chevalier from Lille.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yehvann Diouf at Reims as well

Been brilliant this season

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I’d chip in myself to get any of these.

At this point I’d even give Vesty a pop at the goal.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Etienne Green at St Etienne (swear they only signed him because of his name) is an interesting one. Current England U21 International.

The other whose been on my radar so far this season buy would likely cost a whack is Lucas Chevalier from Lille.

His name is that cos his parents are St Etienne fans!