Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

3 hours ago, Twitcher said:

Might as well save the months of wrangling and just take Chelsea's money now. Too good for the Championship.

Was approached by Chelsea at the age of 16, he refused he wanted to finish his studies in Belgium (Anderlecht academy)

Edited by hfaes
spelling mistake

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

You don’t have a good game and lose 6-2.

What on earth are you talking about?

Spurs looked like they’d score with every attack.

He may ‘have potential’ but today we’ve been utterly humiliated after conceding SIX goals in the Premiership, which could have easily been more.

That’s not a defence who played well

As I said, typical FT

If we don’t sort our defence out quick we are getting relegated, Faes or no Faes

So the bad situation of Leicester is due to Wout's first match.....whaaw..... seriously good smart thinking....🙄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, taupe said:

An excellent début. He looks a better player than I was expecting tbh. Good on the ball, solid in the tackle and a decent pass. 

Sorry but  what the hell. @Col city fan is right we conceded 6 ffs it's far from an excellent début when your role is to keep goals out stupid comment IMO

I thought he looked relatively solid and had a promising debut, despite the score. If you look at the goals, there's nothing he could've done about any of them, except the second perhaps, and maybe Son's first. The problem was the whole system went to shit when we made our subs and left the team wide open against a world class counter attacking team. Oh, and that Ward keeps out basically nothing. 

Edited by Jonaldinho

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

God help us.

Just imagine what the forum would be saying if we’d won tonight and hadn’t conceded 6 goals!

It can’t be the day to be suggesting that a new CB had a good game. We’ve just conceded 6..

This place is even more bizarre than usual tonight.

Tell you what, if he plays ok and we keep a clean sheet (ish) against Forest, I’ll join in 

"You were right about Amartey" 

5 hours ago, MPH said:

Showed heart, aggression and commitment in the tackle. We’re not  used to players showing that in the last 12 months so that’s why people are saying he’s had a good game despite the 6-2 result. 

That is literally it. Shows how starved of it we are.

He looked okay, which by current standards makes him a standout for us.  Not egregiously slow, no obvious howlers, played a couple of nice through balls from the back.  He also played CB for a side that gave up six goals to an opponent which was pretty awful for much of the day until Son came on.

Edited by Deeg67

12 hours ago, Claridge said:

What difference has he made?

I’m not having this. 
He can’t come in and single-handedly positively affect 2 seasons worth of shit corner defending. 
He didn’t make any individual mistakes that led to goals and/or serious chances. 
He was the only defender to read the game defensively and throw his body into challenges when required. 

Yesterday was a car crash of a result.
But he’ll be good for us. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, lee7 said:

Funnily enough that's exactly what did happen. 

Yes we conceded 6 but Faes played well. 

I actually felt sorry for him and Evans towards the end when Spurs were breaking away and they had 3/4 players against our two centre halves. 

Actually my thoughts here too. Bizarre in the sense that the two CBs didn’t do awful lot wrong yet they were consistently exposed by a midfield who didn’t want to take part in the defensive nature of the game and a full back flopping about every time he’s under pressure. 

Up until the last 15, Spurs hadn’t created an awful lot. But we are soft on the whole, they did what West Ham do to us. You have the ball, we will get you on the break or a set piece 

8 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Actually my thoughts here too. Bizarre in the sense that the two CBs didn’t do awful lot wrong yet they were consistently exposed by a midfield who didn’t want to take part in the defensive nature of the game and a full back flopping about every time he’s under pressure. 

Up until the last 15, Spurs hadn’t created an awful lot. But we are soft on the whole, they did what West Ham do to us. You have the ball, we will get you on the break or a set piece 

If you watch the defending back for the last 2-3 goals it is shocking. The lack of effort from any midfielder to bust a gut and make a tackle is sickening. 

For one of the goals Soumare is literally jogging behind the attacker. 

If Amartey had been on the pitch yesterday i think it genuinely could of been 10. 

35 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Bizarre in the sense that the two CBs didn’t do awful lot wrong yet they were consistently exposed by a midfield who didn’t want to take part in the defensive nature of the game  

Yes, that is what happened. From my pov, the midfield are told to get forward, to press. It leaves our defence wide open. It's a tactical error rather than player error.

When I summon the strength, I want to watch their 4th goal, the Ndidi one, again. I've only seen it in real time. At the time, I thought it the wrong pass choice from Evans but I really don't recall who else was on. Players get blamed for this but if everyone has been told to push forward then this is what's going to happen - the man on the ball is easily put under pressure. Our shape and tactics is what needs addressing.

• Like 2