Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxpleasure

Iheanacho

22 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Have you found Rudkin’s notebook on a bus??? He is worth much more than 8m. I think that is what most of us are eluding too here??

Is he?  I originally had 10 mill in my head and 12-15 for someone desperate. People banding around 20 mil need their heads checked. Nacho has 1 year left on his deal and he is far from some major superstar. He has had very lengthy honking periods and pretty sure there are very real reasons why he hasn’t had prolonged periods as a starter. He is a managers nightmare, and pretty sure he is thick as f*** and very difficult to coach. 

No way is he signing a new deal, and i have huge doubts he will rip up the championship. Would like to hold out for a bit more than 8 mil if we can but after a few weeks of reflection I think we need him off the books. I reckon he spends most of a season at forest on the bench anyway. 

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sure I’ll be in the minority…

but when our fans (or a selection) talk about mindset not being good enough, in my opinion Kele fits into that. 

plus the fact his pace isn’t good enough, and he’s clumsy, I don’t see him as, as big a loss as others.

8M though is a bit to cheap 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

Sure I’ll be in the minority…

but when our fans (or a selection) talk about mindset not being good enough, in my opinion Kele fits into that. 

plus the fact his pace isn’t good enough, and he’s clumsy, I don’t see him as, as big a loss as others.

8M though is a bit to cheap 

It isn't about whether he's good enough or it's good value or contract length or whatever. It's about dealing with Forest.

From branding/positioning, commercial and PR perspectives, it isn't acceptable. 

We do not deal with Forest unless it favours us on all three counts listed above. It's that simple.  

• Like 1

I always feel like when I watch Kelechi that he thinks he's put everything into his game but there is a lot more he could do.

Personally I am not fussed if he goes. We need to move forward and leave behind as much as we can from last season. 

Like someone stated above, if we get rid of him for 8m, and get piroe in for 4m more it's good business. Plus the wages would be lower.

If he goes forest we can wave at him on the way past next summer

Edited by Simonb

It's almost like he plays for a relegated club for who he wasn't considered good enoigh to be a regular starter.    

He does some really good stuff but has only been a regular starter when we had an injury crisis.

It seems.inevitable he will go.  We are not in the strongest bargaining position.

In particular, I will fondly remember his assist to the assist immediately after his groi  went.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

Even if there is a year left on his contract- how are we going to replace a 20+ goal a season striker for that? Dreadful business, if true.

£8m is dreadful but he’s never been a 20+ goal a season striker. 

2 hours ago, splinterdream said:

If you could sell nacho for 8m, but get piroe for £10/£12m, therefore an outlay of £2/£4m, we'd take it wouldn't we?

No.

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

I’m in the ‘must give their heads a wobble’ brigade.

If you’re open to argument, watch again his pre-assist for Vardy’s goal at Leeds. Not just absolute quality, but playing through the pain for this club.

So no, I won’t give my head a wobble. He’s quality & I’d love him to stay & score 20+ goals next season. If you think that’s a pipe dream then maybe it’s you that needs to give your head a wobble?

Agree. 

I think we stay up last season if he doesn’t get injured 

• Like 1

This is one I would just say no. £8m is not a lot to lose and if we made him main man and he tore the championship a new arsehole, we could hopefully convince him to stay. And if we don't need him, well 8m is **** all compared to promotion (and let's face it, the only way we don't need him is if we rip up the league without hm starting. 

2 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

If you’re open to argument, watch again his pre-assist for Vardy’s goal at Leeds. Not just absolute quality, but playing through the pain for this club.

Exactly 

If certain other big timer shitehawks had brought the attitude, determination and mindset all season that he showed in that moment, there's no way the club gets relegated. 

• Like 2