Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxile5

Callum Doyle

The guy is known for his ability with the ball at his feet, so I'm almost taking that that will come as a given.

I was really pleased to see how good he was in the air and in the tackle even if he might not have been at his best in finding a pass today.

He's 19, we're in the Championship, and yet on this showing, he'd have improved our starting 11 in the Premier League last year.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

Played some lovely cross field passes aswell 

Including for our second goal. He will have that spot cemented barring injuries, which does put serious question marks over Kristiansen's and Thomas' futures here, which is an unfortunate situation.

11 hours ago, StanSP said:

Was the plan always to have him play at LB? 

I thought he was better at CB, and perhaps it speaks volumes that Maresca isn't preferring Thomas or Justin. 

I expect to see them at Burton though. 

Resigned to Castagne going so I'm actually glad he didn't play today and take up space. 

Yes. He's not really LB though is he. He's a ball playing CB that moves out to defend at LB out of possession. 

I know that's splitting hairs a little but we don't play with conventional full backs anymore. There's a new normal now. 

• Like 4

A solid debut, he got done for pace in the 2nd half a cpl of times which was a bit worrying. Great on the ball and can ping a pass. He's young and will grow into the role.

Generally a bit concerned about pace in the back line, I think JJ could do a job, if I was Enzo I'd experiment with just that against Burton.  

11 hours ago, StanSP said:

Was the plan always to have him play at LB? 

I thought he was better at CB, and perhaps it speaks volumes that Maresca isn't preferring Thomas or Justin. 

I expect to see them at Burton though. 

Resigned to Castagne going so I'm actually glad he didn't play today and take up space. 

Not really left back is he, left centre back for around 70 of the game (however long we have possession) and just slips into left back out of possession.

15 hours ago, alanf0x said:

Thought he had a solid debut and robins said after that he had a poor game to his standard, so good to hear! 

Yeah, I was interested in that Robins said he thought he was poor by standards but will "grow into" our team. Nice thing to hear.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, alanf0x said:

Thought he had a solid debut and robins said after that he had a poor game to his standard, so good to hear! 

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah, I was interested in that Robins said he thought he was poor by standards but will "grow into" our team. Nice thing to hear.

Yep I heard what Robins said too ! ...  nice good thing to hear.  

Anyone else hear what Robins said ..  :)

What sort of support boos a former loanee who won their young player of the season?

I’m not a huge fan of booing former players, unless they’ve done something to disrespect the club, forced a move out etc.

But I think that was the worst booing I’ve ever seen/heard. 
You get a player on loan 18 years old, has a fantastic season and helps you get within a whisker of the premier league and his first game against you, rather than applaud and say thank you - they boo him.

Anyway, despite this I think he had a reasonable debut without setting the world on fire. I think he’ll grow into the roll and even though he’s a young lad his experience of the Championship last season will help us this year.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

What sort of support boos a former loanee who won their young player of the season?

I’m not a huge fan of booing former players, unless they’ve done something to disrespect the club, forced a move out etc.

But I think that was the worst booing I’ve ever seen/heard. 
You get a player on loan 18 years old, has a fantastic season and helps you get within a whisker of the premier league and his first game against you, rather than applaud and say thank you - they boo him.

Anyway, despite this I think he had a reasonable debut without setting the world on fire. I think he’ll grow into the roll and even though he’s a young lad his experience of the Championship last season will help us this year.

A section of our brainless support boo Mahrez? So its hardly surprising cov fans are booing this lad after 1 season on loan. It's football I'm afraid. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Sign him up! 19 years old and comfortably our best player. Unlucky not to score too.

So hoping we go up and buy him outright, if we can also get THB this season man we set for years to come along with Nelson and Coady looking after them 👍 

• Like 1

On 07/08/2023 at 09:17, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I liked the look of this lad. Plus he looked like he probably enjoys a scrap. It's a yes from me. 

Exactly. But he also shows he is a bit street wise which is great for one so young. I really think he will do well. When Coady is back it will be interesting to see how we set up. As others have said though the concern for me is pace so I would like to see Justin phased back in a bit more. 

• Like 1