Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

I admire people having principles and sticking to them.

However, if there comes a point where it's not working, I think any manager worth his salt can get the best out of what they have. Adapt, adjust, pivot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimmyC74 said:

Yeah I seem to remember they spent a pile on that goalkeeper from Man City.

Their results improved a lot when they brought back in their keeper they used in the Championship as well

• Like 1

Vincent Kompany spent £100m plus at Burnley. They’ve backed it as well as anyone. Far more than they did a far superior manager like Dyche. The man has failed significantly at his job. I don’t him, his staff or his opinions anywhere near club. And if we have staff taking his ridiculous comments as fact, they should leave too. 

Enzo needs to decide very quickly if he wants to be a manager. We are still risking our future with an inexperienced manager, who showed flaws in management style at a much lower level. Him and his lover (that is the only explanation, great sex makes you this delirious). If a BIG club is after him, there is no conversation. Don’t believe the hype. There is give and take in this game. £100m ? I’ll have what he’s been smoking. 

47 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Their results improved a lot when they brought back in their keeper they used in the Championship as well

Always struck me incredibly odd they replaced him

2 hours ago, JimmyC74 said:

Enzo's PR guru is on manoeuvres again (latest WSY pod).......

:revenge:

1. Enzo has lots of big teams flirting with him. There is 'strong interest'.

2. He wants more / better / different people brought in to the 'offices' / behind the scenes to improve the foundations of the club - code for get rid / sideline Rudders (okay, I agree with this bit).

3. Kompany has told the Leicester coaching staff he regretted not making more changes / he shouldn't have sticked with the playing squad that won promotion.  Hint, Hint Board of Directors, Top.

4. Let's go elite and following Enzo's lead.  Does Enzo stay when fans don't full get what he trying to do, the Club maybe won't be competitive and will lose a number of games due to the higher standard.

It's going to be a long summer.......

3, I thought it was the opposite look at what they spunked on a gk, only to revert back to the gk that won them promotion and their form/points picked up when they dropped Trafford towards the end of the season 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

3, I thought it was the opposite look at what they spunked on a gk, only to revert back to the gk that won them promotion and their form/points picked up when they dropped Trafford towards the end of the season 

Absolutely, he blew about £100m on new players too so has no cause to complain about not being  backed either.

A major factor in their demise was Kompany's stubborn and intransigent supposed 'philosophy' with players that were incapable of doing it. Their playing  out from the back was extremely poor at times and suicidal. 

Let's hope Enzo has noted that their performances together with his blips in judgement in Championship or there'll be a similar outcome for us next season I'd suggest. What we don't need is a Rodgers MK2.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

You could replace Burnley with Leicester and it’s not far off what some fans have said this season 😂

Haha most people can see it coming miles off if Enzo is here. Can't see it being much different.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Ricey said:

Burnley didn’t stick with the players that got them promoted though, it’s a myth.

They spent £100m. Of the team that started their last match only 4 were there last season. Even the team they picked on the opening day had 5 new signings.

Genuinely baffled Owynn and Pipes let him get away with this. They're better than that.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Genuinely baffled Owynn and Pipes let him get away with this. They're better than that.

It was actually Pipes who said Burnley hadn’t invested. 

I didn’t have a massive issue with the discussion with Guillem I actually found it quite engaging and interesting. 

Yes I get the calls that he is nothing more than a mouthpiece or Enzo’s propaganda machine but actually if you look beyond it, some of the insight is very interesting and a lot of what he says about the club and in particular the potential changes/shake up of the off field operations and personnel, isn’t far from what the majority of the fanbase have been calling out for a couple of seasons now. 

interestingly I thought Balague was very specific in stating that the operators of the club needed more help/expertise rather than necessarily directly replacing, I think I heard him say that he didn’t want to see people lose their jobs although I may have got that wrong. 

• Like 4

https://www.diariodesevilla.es/sevillafc/preparador-fisico-maresca-deja-claro-dentrados-leicester-ninguna-opcion_0_1902709907.html

Maresca's fitness coach makes it clear: "We are focused on Leicester and there is no other option"

The Sevilla bench , still not closed, is once again one of the unknowns of the summer. The Nervionenses have not determined who will sit in that seat next season and, although Quique Sánchez Flores has won in recent weeks, everything is extended until the end of the season. That is why there has been a dance of names, among which has been heard that of Enzo Maresca , who has just been promoted with Leicester.

The existence of a possible clause in his contract destroyed any glimmer of hope that could exist in Sevilla and, now, his fitness coach, Marcos Álvarez - who was in the Nervionense club and also in Betis - has come forward. lecture to clear up any possible doubt: "We are focused there on Leicester and right now there is no other option ," he said in the microphones of Canal Sur Radio 's La Gran Jugada .

No one can ignore the relationship between Enzo Maresca and Sevilla . The Italian coach marked an era as a footballer for the Nervionense club and the affection of all the fans was earned through goals, memorable performances and titles. Coming from Serie A, the midfielder played up to 141 games with the Seville shirt.

That is why, although Marcos Álvarez recognized that it was not the time for Maresca and Sevilla to meet again, he did not hide the reciprocated affection: " He loves Sevilla, just like the Sevillistas love him . Because it has been very important in the history of the club and, probably, I imagine that paths will cross ," he concluded, leaving an open door for the future.

Those footballers who, after their retirement, will be coaches are usually seen from afar. Curiosity about the game, the need to ask a lot about football done by their own coaches and multiple details that can be seen on a day-to-day basis. This, as it could not be otherwise, also happened to Enzo Maresca.

Marcos Álvarez revealed how he realized, when he was his fitness coach at Sevilla, that he was valuable for the world of the bench: " He is very methodical and organized . I was pleasantly surprised, but it is true that when I had him as a player he was already restless in those aspects . There are players on the teams who ask the coach why there are tactical situations, why this is done and nothing else is done... that's also how Martí was . In all teams there are players who have the skills. of coaches and Enzo was like that.

"The world of football has changed for years and now the coaches are very studious people. That was the first impression I had when I sat down with Enzo two and a half years ago. He shows me what his football arguments are and I was very surprised how in His computer had folders of fifteen or twenty world-class coaches . All of them studied how Klopp uses pressure, how Tuchel tries defensive play, how Manuel Pellegrini, who has worked with him, likes to play a defensive line, Guardiola of course. ... ", concluded the fitness coach.

I'm sure he wants to stay but he's sure as hell using the apparent interest to dictate terms to the club.

I've noticed how the last interview was all "there is absolutely no plan B and this is how he plays" to "of course he'll change things up a bit against better teams"

He had such a so what attitude last time when Matt Piper said Vestegaard in a high line Vs Chelsea was wrong. It was like well that's how Enzo plays thats it. Now we have lost 1-0 to Millwall, Plymouth and Bristol City and it's suddenly a realisation that actually yeah you do need to adapt. 

Great he's set to stay, and interest from other clubs was real. 

Most of us here have been crying out for change in the setup of the club following relegation and the FFP debacle, hopefully Enzo gets his way now and professionalises things. 

16 hours ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.diariodesevilla.es/sevillafc/preparador-fisico-maresca-deja-claro-dentrados-leicester-ninguna-opcion_0_1902709907.html

Maresca's fitness coach makes it clear: "We are focused on Leicester and there is no other option"

The Sevilla bench , still not closed, is once again one of the unknowns of the summer. The Nervionenses have not determined who will sit in that seat next season and, although Quique Sánchez Flores has won in recent weeks, everything is extended until the end of the season. That is why there has been a dance of names, among which has been heard that of Enzo Maresca , who has just been promoted with Leicester.

The existence of a possible clause in his contract destroyed any glimmer of hope that could exist in Sevilla and, now, his fitness coach, Marcos Álvarez - who was in the Nervionense club and also in Betis - has come forward. lecture to clear up any possible doubt: "We are focused there on Leicester and right now there is no other option ," he said in the microphones of Canal Sur Radio 's La Gran Jugada .

No one can ignore the relationship between Enzo Maresca and Sevilla . The Italian coach marked an era as a footballer for the Nervionense club and the affection of all the fans was earned through goals, memorable performances and titles. Coming from Serie A, the midfielder played up to 141 games with the Seville shirt.

That is why, although Marcos Álvarez recognized that it was not the time for Maresca and Sevilla to meet again, he did not hide the reciprocated affection: " He loves Sevilla, just like the Sevillistas love him . Because it has been very important in the history of the club and, probably, I imagine that paths will cross ," he concluded, leaving an open door for the future.

Those footballers who, after their retirement, will be coaches are usually seen from afar. Curiosity about the game, the need to ask a lot about football done by their own coaches and multiple details that can be seen on a day-to-day basis. This, as it could not be otherwise, also happened to Enzo Maresca.

Marcos Álvarez revealed how he realized, when he was his fitness coach at Sevilla, that he was valuable for the world of the bench: " He is very methodical and organized . I was pleasantly surprised, but it is true that when I had him as a player he was already restless in those aspects . There are players on the teams who ask the coach why there are tactical situations, why this is done and nothing else is done... that's also how Martí was . In all teams there are players who have the skills. of coaches and Enzo was like that.

"The world of football has changed for years and now the coaches are very studious people. That was the first impression I had when I sat down with Enzo two and a half years ago. He shows me what his football arguments are and I was very surprised how in His computer had folders of fifteen or twenty world-class coaches . All of them studied how Klopp uses pressure, how Tuchel tries defensive play, how Manuel Pellegrini, who has worked with him, likes to play a defensive line, Guardiola of course. ... ", concluded the fitness coach.

Hmmmm

Brian Little said that once.

On 14/05/2024 at 08:58, Claudio Fannieri said:

From what I gleaned from the interview is that Enzo is happy here, but frustrated by some elements of the club that are not performing as they should. I actually think he is fully committed but wants assurances that the club will not continue to make the mistakes that led to our relegation. 

I think this is the key thing.

Way too much being read into all this press/pr stuff, most of it is just noise.

On 14/05/2024 at 08:49, Tielemans63 said:

Just had a listen. As you rightly say, absolute Enzo PR.

It's pretty simple IMHO, he needs to decide if he's committed or he isn't, in which case he should take one of these many lucrative offers he appears to be resisting on a daily basis. We saw the damage it did when Brendan wasn't fully committed.

That said, I actually completely agree with him if he says there should be better people behind the scenes. I back him 100% on that score. The club have been poorly run for the last few years. If there is poẁer struggle, and Enzo wins, he could be doing the club a huge favour.

I think we'd have thought that about Rodgers after a year. Look where that left us.

I've got no doubt Rodgers realised very quickly that having someone like Rudkin who was so far out of his depth meant he could dictate everything to him and he'd go along with it. 

Even if I thought Enzo was a genius, it's never a good idea to let a manager have that much power over everything. They are gone too quickly and just like Rodgers - Enzo's main priority is himself. 

On 09/05/2024 at 13:54, Lionator said:

cough ENZO cough.

Needless to say the system has looked better once Enzo has given a bit more freedom to the likes of Abdul and KDH. 

It's a very interesting quote. I think I do align with that belief talking entirely personally more than I do the Pep way and that's while having total admiration for how good Pep actually is. I think there's a lot in that - Pep is of such a level that so many try to emulate what he does but I do think it's too common nowadays that coaches will stifle the flair somewhat. I think it's made for a poorer spectacle. I'm glad Ancelotti with this mindset is still producing loads of success. I can't help but think Vinicius wouldn't be anywhere near both as effective and as fun under most other managers.

• Like 1