Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

On 2017-5-20 at 17:13, Carl the Llama said:

Which one: The 2 up with their boyfriends or  my other sister?

Did you ever stop to think about what the bridesmaid wanted? Forget about the bf, perhaps her dream was for some DP action at a scottish castle. Put on a kilt and do it for braveheart (and nessy).

No sword crossing.

Edited by Jattdogg

On 20/05/2017 at 17:12, Buce said:

Has anyone self-published an e-book through Amazon?

On 20/05/2017 at 22:12, potter3 said:

Might be mis-remembering who it was, but possibly @LanguedocFox?

Blimey - well remembered, Potter3!

I published a novel called King's Ransom about four years ago. @Buce: If you need any info or advice, PM me and I'll try to help.

• Like 2

On 20/05/2017 at 16:12, Buce said:

Has anyone self-published an e-book through Amazon?

I did a while ago - wasn't much, a small pet project. It's still there;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Two-Cookies-Alexis-Cookov-ebook/dp/B00AROUHOI/ref=sr_1_2?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1495440843&sr=1-2&keywords=The+two+cookie

? ? 

• Like 1

On 5/22/2017 at 06:29, LanguedocFox said:

Blimey - well remembered, Potter3!

I published a novel called King's Ransom about four years ago. @Buce: If you need any info or advice, PM me and I'll try to help.

I have that on my Kindle ap. Not a bad read for a first novel. I believe my poetry books are available as ebooks still from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-text&field-keywords=Rantings+of+a+bus+pass+holder

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-text&field-keywords=Quill+2+ink+2+paper&rh=n%3A341677031%2Ck%3AQuill+2+ink+2+paper

Edited by Rincewind

9 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

What does it feel like to make 4000 posts on this forum ...   ??

Who the fook would do that anyway !! ....    get a life !!

I'm more impressed that you actually manage to post anything on your Redneck MacBook..

applemac.jpg.b2a9a237f5521850f2a3979805d4f270.jpg

lol Congrats, CF - here's to the next 4,000. :cheers:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Buce said:

I'm more impressed that you actually manage to post anything on your Redneck MacBook..

applemac.jpg.b2a9a237f5521850f2a3979805d4f270.jpg

lol Congrats, CF - here's to the next 4,000. :cheers:

Cheers Bucey ! ....    it's kept me occupied for a while today whilst Mrs CF has a quick cat nap.  We've been wandering up and down the Portabello road this morning buying some very heavy bits of junk ...   sorry 'interesting items' ...   I've now got arms like a fookin gibbon !   Off for a bite to eat in a bit then going to the theatre.    :)

Viagogo - what's the verdict? I've brought three tickets for the Champions Trophy a while back for the England v Bangladesh game next Thursday, still no tickets. To those who have used it before, when is it realistic they will arrive?

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

He knows fvck all. Another wannabe ITK just like @sylofox

For your information I don't wanna be anything I'm to fecking old for that shite and kids games. I've passed on what I've heard people can choose to believe or not.

But you sir are perhaps one of the reasons so called itk's only pass information on for a short while.

It really is just not fvcking worth it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Blur said:

What happened to that free agent that we are allegedly signing thread created by @Hitesh?

Got tinned for whatever reason. I was only passing on information I was given and if people don't believe me then so be it. The deal isn't still on as far as I know. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sylofox said:

For your information I don't wanna be anything I'm to fecking old for that shite and kids games. I've passed on what I've heard people can choose to believe or not.

But you sir are perhaps one of the reasons so called itk's only pass information on for a short while.

It really is just not fvcking worth it.

pretty much this. (i don't want to be anything either, and I'm not old lol ) but I agree with the post. 

people love to be in the know, but whenever information is given to them, they don't like it lollol 

On 2017-6-5 at 08:46, Hitesh said:

Got tinned for whatever reason. I was only passing on information I was given and if people don't believe me then so be it. The deal isn't still on as far as I know. 

Ah okay,  thanks for clarification.  I have been away for a bit lately and forgot about the thread but when I heard Stoke has signed Fletcher on a free that made me wondered whether if we were in for him.  Sorry if you have been treated badly by others on here.  

• Like 1

My better half is starting her PGCE in September and it has only just dawned on me that we may be entitled to a reduction on Council Tax. She will be a full-time student, and I will still be in full-time work; does anybody know if a reduction is applicable here? Thought it best to see before I go through the rigmarole of contacting the council!  

10 hours ago, David Guiza said:

My better half is starting her PGCE in September and it has only just dawned on me that we may be entitled to a reduction on Council Tax. She will be a full-time student, and I will still be in full-time work; does anybody know if a reduction is applicable here? Thought it best to see before I go through the rigmarole of contacting the council!  

You should get a 25% discount.

Full time students don't count as adults for Council Tax purposes. If you're the only other adult in the house, you're eligible for single adult discount.

The council will probably ask for a letter from her place of education. 

• Like 1

Another job related one.

My wife works in local authority 30 hours a week and has been there about 15 years, so has worked her way up, there is nowhere else she can go in her department, she enjoys her job, and despite cuts is pretty safe and her boss has told her as much.

She has been offered a position in the private sector with a 12k pay rise working same hours, we would lose a little bit of that as we claim child care vouchers and get the government monthly payment, but I think she will be £500 a month better off from my calculations.

I want her to take the job as my business is suffering (selfish I know) but keeping a roof over our kids heads is key. She is torn, she likes the idea of a new challenge and the fact they have head hunted her and offered to let her keep reduced hours and offered such a good pay rise, but worries about leaving and not enjoying the workplace.

What would you advise if it was your wife, not what would you do personally. I'd jump if only for the cash.