Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Who do you want as next boss

The Mercury actually have a picture of Klopp on the back page today lol Do people really think he's a serious candidate?

Yes I do think he should be considered as a serious candidate......how much ambition do the owners have....do you think our club is so awful that these people would not consider coming given the right incentives. :)

So then Jurgen, what was it that swung you to Leicester?

"Well, a lot of things, the potential, the squad that's in place and the fans' backing all played their part, but I have to say the Leicester Mercury putting a picture of me on the back of their paper was the deal breaker in this move."

Yes I do think he should be considered as a serious candidate......how much ambition do the owners have....do you think our club is so awful that these people would not consider coming given the right incentives. :)

I don't think Klopp would come here in a million years but its a good way to signal the owners intentions. A bit like when Man City were in the money and they signed Robinho, he didn't do much on the pitch but it showed the intention of the club moving forward.

Yes. There's absolutely no way we could convince Klopp to come here.

We need to go all out and make Klopp one of the highest earning managers in European football. That's the only thing I'd settle for now. 

I'd definitely be happy to see us spend to get him, but I'm not convinced money is his motivation. He's not your typical top tier manager, which is why I'd rank our chances at about 2% rather than 0%, but it can't hurt to approach him and at least attempt to sell our potential to him.

But no-one should get their hopes up. This would be a bigger coup than Cambiasso for me.

The only British manager who we may realistically get, who could take us forward is David Moyes. Big Sam wants a rest while we should stay well clear of Lennon, Cotterill, Dyche, Lambert & Redknapp.

Therefore a foreign appointment might be for the best, names mentioned Klopp is unrealistic, Di Matteo has the potential to be decent, while I'm not a fan of Laudrup.

Of free agents the likes of Montella & Garde are obvious choices, Pako Ayestaran just won the Israelian league with Maccabi Tel Aviv, has been involved with Liverpool, Benfica & Valencia in the past.

Of managers linked with previous jobs, I'd personally try & get De Boer from Ajax or Galtier from St Etienne.

Klopp had an interview just a short time ago saying he would love a challenge a club out of the top 4 that describes us to a tee who knows our owners want the best for us why can't we be associated with Jurgen Klopp just because we're Not a huge club I still think there will be a shock managerial signing here what with who's available at this time !

Klopp had an interview just a short time ago saying he would love a challenge a club out of the top 4 that describes us to a tee who knows our owners want the best for us why can't we be associated with Jurgen Klopp just because we're Not a huge club I still think there will be a shock managerial signing here what with who's available at this time !

Klopp turned down West Ham before they got Bilic. They've got more money than us, and just about to move into a huge stadium. Why would he come to us? 

As I've just read in the mirror, they reckon its between Hiddink and Lennon for foxes job. 

Appointing Hiddink would show the ambition of our owners, making a clear message they believe this club can become a top six. While Lennon could take us back into the championship.

i also agree the next manager will have long odds or no odds at all

wasn't Pearson 50-1 when he came back?

gotta get this right - the guardian article gives me a glimmer of hope at Klopp but it really is a vague glimmer. Otherwise Moyes or maybe Di-Matteo

What's he going to say, 'nah I only want a top 4 job'?  Of course not, if people genuinely believe he would come to Leicester you're seriously deluded, forget Klopp he ain't coming.

As I've just read in the mirror, they reckon its between Hiddink and Lennon for foxes job. 

Appointing Hiddink would show the ambition of our owners, making a clear message they believe this club can become a top six. While Lennon could take us back into the championship.

agree re Lennon - do me a favour look up Hiddinck on Wiki and post again if you still agree - I was in favour too until I looked up his career stats - makes you wonder why he is held in such high esteem

Where are people getting the idea that Lennon is a bad manager from? Did a good job at Celtic (I know it's an awful league but still surely brings a winning mentality) and took Bolton from the bottom of the Championship to 18th and 10 points clear of the drop. Not saying I think he'd be brilliant but not as bad as some make out.

The actual quote was 'a club outside of Europe's traditional elite', not 'some provincial club that has been out of the top tier for over a decade and just survived last season by the skin of their teeth'.

Guest ttfn

I just can't believe that in the 21st century, with football being a global game and the Premier League having worldwide reach and popularity, that the owners would even consider hiring the manager of a side which finished 18th in last season's Championship to push a Premier League side on this year.

It's irrelevant that he's a former player here - that was 15 years ago and the club is almost unrecognisable from what it was then.

Objectively speaking there must be literally hundreds of better candidates for the job than Lennon but as usual a job comes up and it's the same old tired insular boys' club names plus the odd ex-player. I've even seen Holloway's name mentioned (not on this forum) for god's sake.

This appointment is critical and I would favour a "safe" appointment (Allardyce or if we're feeling punchy then Moyes would be a big coup for the club) but if we are going to go for somebody totally unproven in the top flight can we at least aim a little higher than Neil Lennon?

I just can't believe that in the 21st century, with football being a global game and the Premier League having worldwide reach and popularity, that the owners would even consider hiring the manager of a side which finished 18th in last season's Championship to push a Premier League side on this year.

It's irrelevant that he's a former player here - that was 15 years ago and the club is almost unrecognisable from what it was then.

Objectively speaking there must be literally hundreds of better candidates for the job than Lennon but as usual a job comes up and it's the same old tired insular boys' club names plus the odd ex-player. I've even seen Holloway's name mentioned (not on this forum) for god's sake.

This appointment is critical and I would favour a "safe" appointment (Allardyce or if we're feeling punchy then Moyes would be a big coup for the club) but if we are going to go for somebody totally unproven in the top flight can we at least aim a little higher than Neil Lennon?

Everything you say is correct but the worrying thing is they have wanted Lennon in the past and Rudkin and Neville love him. It could easily happen, regardless of logic. Football clubs make some horrific decisions at times, you only have to look at Newcastle and West Brom last season. Why on earth would you give the gig to Alan Irvine?

From what I have just read they say it is between Lennon and Gus Hiddink, very happy with this! imo Lennon is a very underrated manager, you can argue that it was a given that he would win titles with Celtic however he did get them into the last 16 of champions League. The other thing that he is good at which should excite most fan's is the way he can help player's develop, for example wanyama(southampton) and forster(southampton) plus im pretty sure he brought in van dijk and other's. He know's us better than anyone, this club need's someone they can relate to and I don't think well get that in Hiddink and im not convinced that he would have the same impact at the club as Lennon would.

Getting Hiddink in would be a real coup don't get me wrong but having a managerial c.v. like he has im sure he will want a big budget and wage, sure he could attract big player's to join us but no guarentee they will fit in here. Going on that basis I would prefer to have Lennon put in and for him to put his mark on the squad by bringing in player's he can nuture and build into strong player's much like Pearson has in the past. Anyway I know there a lot of people who don't rate or want lennon, but im not one of those and I would welcome him to the club should we offer him the chance.

One thing is for sure though, I think we need to make this appointment within the next 7-10 day's max. Pearson's sacking has been a shock and no doubt some of the player's are unsettled, also without anyone in charge we can't look at potential transfer target's and were about to start pre-season. 

Archived