Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Spurs (Away) Pre-Match Thread

1 hour ago, Preston Fox said:

Evening all. New to the forum but thought this would be a good place to start. My dad's a Spurs fan. Last season was fun and games! Hoping for family bragging rights again this weekend!

That must have been pretty sweet for ya... have you mentioned the ballon d'or yet? :thumbup:

If it is 4-4-2 then hope Claudio goes with Okazaki and Slimani up front as opposed to Vardy - Aside from the way other teams have dealt with him this season, he is too well known to Spurs, especially given the players they have in the England squad... Also, in contrast to Vardy, there is the unknown factor with Slimani and Shinji might again prove somewhat of a positive conduit between strikeforce and midfield...

That said, I'd be very happy with a point. It's going to be a tough old match...

Can't see anything other than the same side from Saturday. Ranieri knows that one more win, maybe even a point sees us through to the next stage of the champions league and if that means resting them that work the hardest (Albrighton, Vardy) so they're extra fresh for Wednesday. If anyone gets dropped I can see Ulloa coming in for Slimani. 

This Is going to be a tough game, Spurs will be well up for it and with all our new players I wonder if they realise how important of a game it is on everything that happened last season.

Obviously you should go into every game with the mindset that it is a cup final but I wonder which side of ours will turn up?

On 10/24/2016 at 19:31, sylofox said:

I don't get this drop Slim for Vardy then in the CL bring Slim back.

Vardy has no form this season do you want to try and beat spuds or happy whatever as long as Vardy is happy

Although i do agree with you, we need Vardy back on top form and the only way to get that is to play him. It's a tricky situation.

We need to get in their faces right from the off like Bournemouth did last weekend. They look vulnerable under pressure and have a few hot heads in their side. If we play anything like we did against United, Liverpool or Chelsea it'll be a similar result

Stat time 

• Tottenham and Leicester have met seven times in all competitions in the last two seasons, with Spurs enjoying three wins to Leicester’s two (D2).
  • Leicester’s 1-0 win in January away to Spurs was their first league victory at White Hart Lane since October 1999 (D1 L3).
  • Spurs have gone nine Premier League games against the Foxes without keeping a clean sheet – only against Arsenal are they on a longer run without a shutout among current top-flight sides (14 games).
  • The nine goals scored in the four clashes between Spurs and Leicester last season were all scored by different players.
  • Claudio Ranieri has never lost a Premier League game against Tottenham Hotspur (W7 D3).
  • Spurs are yet to concede a single goal from open play in the Premier League this season, with all four of the goals they’ve conceded coming from set piece situations.
  • Leicester have lost all four of their away league games so far this season – the only reigning champion in the history of the top-flight to lose their opening five were Everton in 1932/33, whose losing run was halted by a 2-2 draw at Filbert Street with Leicester in the next game.
  • Tottenham are looking to avoid defeat in their first 10 league games for the first time in the league since 1990/91 (W6 D4 that season).
  • This fixture pits the two sides that have collected the most points in the Premier League in 2016 going into the weekend against each other (Tottenham 54 and Leicester 53).
  • Shinji Okazaki ended a run of 13 Premier League games without scoring by finding the net against Palace.

It would be nice to just be all square at half time, let alone consider getting any sort of result here. We've been absolutely battered recently in away games which I just struggle to get my head around. If we make more defensive errors this time around then they need to be punished. So far our defence have been allowed to get away with these disgraceful efforts and it gives out the wrong message to continue to let them do what they want. I know that sounds harsh as Fuchs, Huth, Morgan and Simpson have all at times this season played superbly but that doesn't give them the freedom to not turn up in away games. The likes of Chilwell must be crying inside.

2 hours ago, DreemaOfficial said:

Although i do agree with you, we need Vardy back on top form and the only way to get that is to play him. It's a tricky situation.

I do agree as well. But he first needs to know he is not first on the team sheet. One game away is like a rest. And personally I don't think its fitness that's the problem. More like academy books films and other shite. I don't see another England cap for him that's on his mind too. Sadly since the summer he don't look hungry.

Imo he now needs to look like he is starving. The only record he has looked like breaking so far is games without a goal. To rush him back maybe to our detriment.

Not too confident about this one but everyone who is going, even if we're getting battered I want to hear 90 minutes of "champions of England", " Tottenham Hotspur, you left it too late/missed your one chance " and so on.  Maximum schadenfreude here.

I'll be happy for a good team performance even if we do lose, in the same vein as the crystal palace match, but with tidier defensive work. With a similar performance as last match, it's hard to see us not getting on the sheet.

16 minutes ago, leo1975 said:

As the Liverpool street train to white hart lane is over ground, are seperate rail tickets needed or are oyster cards/contactless valid? 

Oyster cards are fine, or contactless.

Archived