Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Confirmed: Ranieri new manager

It's a bit shameful that both who backed Pearson through thick and thin are now writing him off instantly. Get a grip people! If you have a problem with the board, fair enough, but Ranieri has nothing to do with that, he's the new manager so get behind him for Christ's sake.

How will poon hunting help us?

It helps to know what we are getting,and the only way we know is getting feedback from other clubs.

He doesn't seem as bad as punters think,so rather than being negative give the guy a chance

The next big question is the current coaching team. The club themselves stated his connection to Steve Walsh in the profile they just put on the website, is this a hint they will be looking to keep on the rest of the staff? Here's hoping.

"LEICESTER CITY CONNECTIONS
Steve Walsh: Before his current role as Leicester City’s Assistant Manager and Head of Recruitment, Walsh spent 16 years working for Chelsea as a scout, with four of those during Ranieri’s time at the helm. 

Read more at here"

Can't say I'm too keen.

No future vision for the club imo.

I'm pretty confident of saying mark my words we will be in the same situation (looking for a new manager) in 1.5 to 2 years time.

The one positive (of not many) I can draw from this is atleast the saga is over, but like I've said can't see it being long before the saga restarts.

Happy with this. Would rather still have Nige in place but think Ranieri is as good as we could have hoped for. Don't expect him to be here for too long but hopefully we get a good couple of years from him and then push on to Europe.

It's a bit shameful that both who backed Pearson through thick and thin are now writing him off instantly. Get a grip people! If you have a problem with the board, fair enough, but Ranieri has nothing to do with that, he's the new manager so get behind him for Christ's sake.

He has done nothing for us yet. Nothing.

He has big shoes to fill, we were expecting improvement from Pearson this season. Ranieri must deliver that. He must meet expectations of fans to make up for the sacking.

Of course we will get behind him, but he has to earn our respect.

At Chelsea. Leicester City is not exactly the same challenge is it?

Exactly and this is what I think people don't understand. We aren't a Chelsea or a Juventus who already have world class players and are expected to challenge for the league.

People say look at his record look at sven's record and look what he did for us. Since Calgari in 1988 this is probably the smallest team he's managed.

Most worrying part is that it comes that there is little plan or football knowledge at the top level of our club.

The first target was a club legend and the second target was the only bloke who publically spoke up for the job.

That suggests to me that the hunt for a new manager was clueless and directionless.

Exactly and this is what I think people don't understand. We aren't a Chelsea or a Juventus who already have world class players and are expected to challenge for the league.

People say look at his record look at sven's record and look what he did for us. Since Calgari in 1988 this is probably the smallest team he's managed.

TC made a good point on SSN. At Chelsea he had/bought players that were capable of challenging for the league, which he doesn't have here...

Pearson had taken us as far as he could

I know we've just appointed a new manager and I don't particularly want to get bogged down in this. But it does need to be said that you're wrong.

I'm both quietly excited and quietly very nervous. I'd say on the surface it seems a strange appointment and one that could backfire on the club. It appears that he might not be the right fit. For me, it seems the owners are trying to run before they can walk. With our current squad and the tactics/mentality we had under Pearson it may be a very difficult transition. However, an appointment such as this (a man with many top european clubs on his CV) shows how they aim to get into the upper echelons of the Premier League. It's a gamble for sure and one that could indeed be a masterstroke. Clearly we need to give him the time and patience we'd give any other manager. Relieved we finally have a new man at the helm and am excited to see who he brings in and how we try and change our approach for the better!!

We don't have the same targets as Chelsea either. 14th was considered a great success last season, the same or above would be acceptable.

Archived