Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

Was watching the first half of this today.

Cant remember the exact collision but you knew it was serious as players close by signalled to the dugouts immediately to get help.It reminded me of the David Buust incident back in 1996.

Sounds horrendous. Hope Mason is okay.

He received immediate medical attention and was taken straight to hospital. After Petr Cech, they take no chances now. If it's true he's suffered bleeding on the brain, he'll already be in Surgery.

Looked a bad one. You could tell by the reactions of the players around.

Always quite pleasing to see a player being treated by doctors and medical staff from BOTH teams.

Hopefully the "fighting for his life" statement by the Mirror is just typical tabloid sensationalist bullshit. The guy obviously has had a bad fracture but got excellent care immediately. Really hope he can make a full recovery and return to work soon.

EDIT: Just watched it again and some massive credit should go to his team mate (I think Huddlestone and someone else) who had enough sense to keep the lad laying down and still. Mason actually tries to get up which is probably not the best thing to do until the extent of the injury is known. They did really well. Maybe the First Aid at Work training paid off!

Pleased he is stable, panicked when I saw it and saw it was his temple, and the amount of pain the lad was in, like screaming pain but unable to move.

In other news on what was a shitty day for us publicly, we also appear to be the only team in the country that didn't send our best wishes out to Hull & Mason... i'm aware it's only Social Media but it's the done thing nowadays so was a shame to not see us do that, it only takes a second! 

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Pleased he is stable, panicked when I saw it and saw it was his temple, and the amount of pain the lad was in, like screaming pain but unable to move.

In other news on what was a shitty day for us publicly, we also appear to be the only team in the country that didn't send our best wishes out to Hull & Mason... i'm aware it's only Social Media but it's the done thing nowadays so was a shame to not see us do that, it only takes a second! 

Can't see that Man Utd have. Or Liverpool. Or Everton. And they are just the ones I checked.

Ryan Mason has apparently been able to talk already today. Great to hear he's doing better - the sound of that clash of heads with Cahill will live with me for a while to come! Horrifying injury.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38718324

http://www.hullcitytigers.com/news/article/2016-17/ryan-mason-update-3534195.aspx

36 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He's talking now apparently so good news.

No doubt we'll see more discussion about heading and challenging now.

Good news, so far as Mason is concerned. Hopefully, the fact that such injuries are so rare, and the swift and comprehensive treatment he received on the pitch mean there will not be a huge overreaction to this. There was no any pressure that I could see from any party to get the game restarted, and the priority was the player, which shows they are taking it seriously.

I suppose there is more of an argument about whether Cahill should have continued? I presume he was given a thorough assesment by the club doctor. I suppose that as long as this assesment takes places and there is no duress on the doctor to return the player to the field (think managers interferring with medical decions - Mourinho/Dr Caniero) then probably ok. But it is important that assesment takes place for all head injuries.

31 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Ryan Mason has apparently been able to talk already today. Great to hear he's doing better - the sound of that clash of heads with Cahill will live with me for a while to come! Horrifying injury.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38718324

http://www.hullcitytigers.com/news/article/2016-17/ryan-mason-update-3534195.aspx

Doubt he remembers it to be honest!

Archived