Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Mario Lemina

If we sign this guy, and I hope we do, I can see us lining up something like this:

4-3-3 / 4-5-1 

Kasper
Simpson - Huth - Wes - Fuchs

Drinky - Mendy - Lemina

Mahrez - Vardy - Musa

Bench:
Zieler, Schlupp, Hernandez, King, Gray, Amartey, Okazaki/New Striker

Fringe players:

James, Inler, Chilwell, Albrighton, Ulloa, Moore, Was.

Just now, ozvaldo said:

If we sign this guy, and I hope we do, I can see us lining up something like this:

4-3-3 / 4-5-1 

Kasper

Drinky - Mendy - Lemina

Mahrez - Vardy - Musa

Bench:

Fringe players:

I hear you and its a sound logical assumption but I can't see past 442 - it's what Ranieri plays and I don't see him changing it at the moment to anything except 451 when we are winning a game and wish to close it out.

I'm a bit meh about Lemina.

On one hand I'm dubious about top clubs letting players go who aren't good enough for them and on the other hand there's the Pogba/Man Utd example.

I'd love a quality box to box midfielder though who has a high work rate and stamina to get up and down with Drinkwater as Mendy sits.

7 minutes ago, Gerard said:

On one hand I'm dubious about top clubs letting players go who aren't good enough for them and on the other hand there's the Pogba/Man Utd example.

I'd love a quality box to box midfielder though who has a high work rate and stamina to get up and down with Drinkwater as Mendy sits.

Kingsley Coman

22 hours ago, Livid said:

Just a bit wary, our last two signings from Italy haven't really worked out.

In our old scouting articles, they specifically point to Italy as a club that has a high failure rate with players coming in to the premier league. Read like "one to avoid"... although we broke that by getting Cambiasso.

I don't think it's much coincidence, that we get an Italian manager then get linked with and sign players from there. Worrying somewhat if it goes against what we've thought previously in terms of scouting. Although this guy was brought up in the French leagues, so hopefully not an issue.

4 hours ago, toddybad said:

Get him in. Watching this made me feel a  whole lot better. 

Looks class. Looks like a better version of Drinkwater in terms of passing and box to box play and speed.

26 minutes ago, Babylon said:

In our old scouting articles, they specifically point to Italy as a club that has a high failure rate with players coming in to the premier league. Read like "one to avoid"... although we broke that by getting Cambiasso.

I don't think it's much coincidence, that we get an Italian manager then get linked with and sign players from there. Worrying somewhat if it goes against what we've thought previously in terms of scouting. Although this guy was brought up in the French leagues, so hopefully not an issue.

23 hours ago, Livid said:

Just a bit wary, our last two signings from Italy haven't really worked out.

to be fair he is not really from the Italian league he only played 10 Serie A games on loan at Juventus and has spent the previous 3 years in Ligue 1 in France.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Kingsley Coman

It isn't exactly fair, but he looked shit at the euros imo.

Every time he came on he was just trying to use silly skills. Doesn't look like he has a footballing brain to me.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Probably watched him at Lorient and Marseille before hand. 

6 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

He does look very good in that video. Good work-rate, good tackling, good positioning, composed on the ball and can spread it like butter. That goal at the end was filth as well.

Agreed also seems to be pretty pacy with excellent acceleration 

4 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

GET HIM IN, RIGHT NOW. RIGHT THIS INSTANT.

4 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

That is an order Rudders and forget pissing about with a medical.

From Wiki: 

A strong, hard-working, and dynamic right-footed midfielder, with solid technique and distribution, Lemina is a box-to-box player, who is capable of starting attacking plays after winning back possession. Due to his tactical versatility, he is capable of playing in several positions, and has been deployed as a winger, as a full-back, or as a wing-back, on the right flank; during his time with Marseille, he also played as centre-back in a three-man defence on occasion, during the 2014–15 season, under manager Marcelo Bielsa. Despite his talent, he has also earned a reputation for having a temper and for lacking concentration at times.

6 hours ago, Gerard said:

Understand the concern, but alternatively:

He's a 22 year old, has obvious quality, and Italy has been known to somewhat polarise the Prem, case study being Inler, it might work the other way?

For the price, I think he's a worthwhile gamble.

Looks a similar player to Mendy. Both players look more composed and look to have a better passing range/skill than Kante. Both players look like they like to get forward quickly and spread the ball. Lemina's balance and close ball control looks insane. The amount of fakes in the video's I've watched of these two is enough to make you dizzy.

6 hours ago, ozvaldo said:

4-3-3 / 4-5-1 

Kasper

Drinky - Mendy - Lemina

Mahrez - Vardy - Musa

Bench:

Fringe players:

Why should Albrighton be a fringe player?

Archived