Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2017/18

9 hours ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

The internet just got to Mach 5 madness ????

yes mate it’s very odd 

I cant wait to read you justify how exactly they are better than Barcelona ?

It's not so much that they're a better side, but I think they're better equipped to get a result in Rome then Barcelona were. Roma are going to have to push for an early goal and that is going to leave a back line that contains Fazio, amongst others, to arguably the best front 3 in the world right now.

I can't stand Liverpool generally speaking, and I actually have quite a soft spot for Roma from the Totti and Batistuta days, but Liverpool are going to take some stopping this year in the CL. 

10 hours ago, BoyJones said:

Klopp has dropped a right rickett there. Takes off his main man with 20 minutes left and brings on a bloke who wouldn't get into Coventry City's side. 

All he he did was galvanise Roma. Take him off at 88 mins, but not that early. 

Ever since the 1970 World Cup when we took off Charlton, I have always hated managers taking off the best player - sends a message to the opposition that you think the game is over. We will cruise in from here, you're rubbish, but in reality you just surrender the initiative.

Liverpool should still be ok, but Klopp  has just shown he is nowhere near being a top manager. 

Agree with this key players should always stay on the field, its not like they are competing for anything else either

11 hours ago, BoyJones said:

Klopp has dropped a right rickett there. Takes off his main man with 20 minutes left and brings on a bloke who wouldn't get into Coventry City's side. 

All he he did was galvanise Roma. Take him off at 88 mins, but not that early. 

Ever since the 1970 World Cup when we took off Charlton, I have always hated managers taking off the best player - sends a message to the opposition that you think the game is over. We will cruise in from here, you're rubbish, but in reality you just surrender the initiative.

Liverpool should still be ok, but Klopp  has just shown he is nowhere near being a top manager. 

Salah being subbed off had nothing to do with Lovren making an unbelievable mistake for the first goal and Milner handballing for the second. These were both purely lapses of concentration defensively that Liverpool commit very often, whether Salah is on the pitch or not. Liverpool were so so far ahead of Roma on the night.

Remember Salah came off at 55 mins against Man city in the quarters, they still won 3-0

To take this Liverpool side to the verge of the Champions League Final (!) I think shows that Klopp is fairly near to being a top manager lol 

Guest MattP
6 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Wasn't sure if this deserved it's own thread but wow.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43883201

Poor bloke hope he pulls through, and what a way to waste your life getting banged up in a foreign county for god knows how many years.

Roma fans are animals, be loads of scousers getting stabbed in the arse next week. 

Police did well to get them so quickly though. 

2 hours ago, MattP said:

Roma fans are animals, be loads of scousers getting stabbed in the arse next week. 

Police did well to get them so quickly though. 

Such a bunch of cowards, but most 'hooligans' are, but they're the most cowardice set of fans around, not surprising though given the Italian history.

10 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Wasn't sure if this deserved it's own thread but wow.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43883201

Poor bloke hope he pulls through, and what a way to waste your life getting banged up in a foreign county for god knows how many years.

Only found out that the poor Irish guy is a cousin of one of my Leicester supporting buddies that I meet up with regularly to watch our matches when on TV ....thoughts and prayers with his family ...hope he makes full recovery......A really quiet family man in the wrong place at the wrong time....

• Sad 3

Bayern paying for being too negative in this game.

It’s such a shame teams like Liverpool are the exception in modern football. These are 2 of the major heavyweights in world football and the pace of the match is pedestrian.

6 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

No one else watching tonight?

Great game so far, exciting first eleven minutes or so, two teams with tons of attacking flair - and a bit of a shaky back four.

Others may prefer other teams, but I find Bayern's running, attacking football as exciting to watch as any team. Ribery still great at 35.