Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Slimani to Watford or Besiktas?

40 minutes ago, Gerard said:

No, he's on the downturn, what say you @Super_horns?

I don't want us signing players for big money that are approaching 30 and aren't an upgrade on what we have. I'd much rather stick with Okazaki and bring in potential like the Maddison lad from Norwich we've been linked with. Failing that play Silva or Gray or another player from within the squad. 

What big money? I’m thinking straight swap or pay no more than we get for Slim.

And in today’s market, would £20m (say) in return for improving our squad and our first XI for a couple of years really be ‘big money’?

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

No, he's on the downturn, what say you @Super_horns?

I don't want us signing players for big money that are approaching 30 and aren't an upgrade on what we have. I'd much rather stick with Okazaki and bring in potential like the Maddison lad from Norwich we've been linked with. Failing that play Silva or Gray or another player from within the squad. 

Deeney is still good off the bench but not good starting a game.

l

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gerard said:

They've been linked since the last window . "Will make a further push to sign..." what's to push ? Pretty sure that if they make an acceptable offer close to the asking price we'd sell.

33 minutes ago, surrifox said:

They've been linked since the last window . "Will make a further push to sign..." what's to push ? Pretty sure that if they make an acceptable offer close to the asking price we'd sell.

Watford have been linked for a while and I'm sure they'd like to buy him and we would like to sell him but the price is the sticking point. 

With Beskitas reportedly bidding then maybe it's flushed Watford out rather than them playing a game of brinkmanship and trying to buy him in the last two days of the window if they thought we were desperate to sell?

On 1/18/2018 at 06:33, Super_horns said:

Deeney is still good off the bench but not good starting a game.

l

Deeney is over-weight, over-priced & over the hill.  No thanks under any circumstances.

• Like 4

Sky reporting Slimani holds no grudges against the club for his lack of playing time but wants to move on. Interested teams all the ones already mentioned. Really, really hope he doesn't go to a premier league team it'll definitely come back to bite us in the arse.

On 18/01/2018 at 23:38, mozartfox said:

Deeney is over-weight, over-priced & over the hill.  No thanks under any circumstances.

I might just have to curb my enthusiasm for Deeney based on today’s showing. Still think he’d offer us more than Slim or Ulloa, but he didnt today quite carry his usual threat...

• Haha 1