Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
M0901

Thank you, Andy King.

You can't knock the guy, 300+ appearances for us and clearly a top guy. I'll be honest, I just wish he was a bit more effective at the highest level. I really, really want him to be a solid top flight performer for us but I'm not sure he ever will be. That said, I'd be gutted if we sold him!

Drama queens, much?

There's still a chance of reconciliation and a return on the cards in the summer, so quit the whining as if he's left for good already, support your Leicester "legend" at Swansea, cheer him on, feel happy for him.

He'll always be a hero to me, one of many. But a hero nonetheless.

Now, let's focus on our task(s) ahead for the time being.

10 hours ago, Paddy. said:

You can't knock the guy, 300+ appearances for us and clearly a top guy. I'll be honest, I just wish he was a bit more effective at the highest level. I really, really want him to be a solid top flight performer for us but I'm not sure he ever will be. That said, I'd be gutted if we sold him!

I think this about sums it up. If we had never got promoted to the PL, and stayed around higher Championship level like Derby have done for a number of years, then he would be thought of as one of our best midfielders ever.

However we did get promoted and it has exposed the weaknesses in his game (or lack of dynamism) - but the fact is he did just as much as anyone to get us here and loves the club. Legend, but more because of attitude and longevity than talent.

• Like 1

Andy King is as much a legend for this club as Steve Walsh, easily. I remember him being one of the highlights of our season in League 1 which seems an age ago.

I'll be sad to see him go, just like I was sad to see Walsh go... but ultimately he's a professional footballer and needs games. He's not going to get them here in the current squad or anytime soon so it's for the best.

Edited by Monk
  • Like 1