Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
winteriscoming

Name a better option than puel

5 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Appreciate you are annoyed with people saying Puel out etc.... but did we really need a thread about it?  That’s what screaming into a pillow is for... 

So you are a pillow biter! :nigel:

Pay Eddie Howe, a kings ransom backed with a generous transfer kitty and he could build a long term legacy,which we should have done after the premiership title. They play a fast flowing game, on small budget. . Promise the stadium expansion, if he signs as the icing on the ?

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Not interested in replacing Puel, but I'm quite impressed with Carvalhal. 

Good call......listened to his interview when he took the job. Very pragmatic and Pearsonesque in his comments, he had total faith that the positition Swansea was in was something that could be turned around.

Watch this space........!!

19 minutes ago, Wookie said:

I don't want to start another thread on Puel because there's more than enough already but the fact is he's very much a long term manager, he's had one window where he signed a promising youngster for peanuts but besides that he's he got a pig's ear of a squad that doesn't suit a discernible style that doesn't have an actual attacking midfielder or more than two regular goalscorers. 

Arguably his best spells where with Nice and Lille where he spent 4 and 6 years with them respectively. At Nice they were 13th the season before he was appointed, the season after they finished in 4th and were in the Europa league qualifiers. The following season they were poor but had completed a stadium move which often throws teams of kilter and they finessed 17th but only occupied 17th for the first time on the final day and the majority of the season OGCN were mid table. The following season they finished 11th which is nothing to write home about but lost Ospina to Arsenal and Timothy Kolo to Sevilla and struggled to replace them but in the following season they finished 4th again. All the while they made a net transfer profit.

Winning the league was the best and worst thing to happen to us, now there's a fair few Leicester fans that view everything through the prism of the title win, a rough spell of half a dozen games is now enough to consign a manager to the sack after he's presided over taking us out of the relegation zone into European contention and into the quarter finals of both domestic cups. Before the season most said "top 8 and a cup run" would be a decent season and that's exactly what we're on course for but a few bad games (without even losing) and people are considering sacking him, its ridiculous. "Fine margins" is a bit of a cliche but provided just one of the countless shots we had against Bournemouth, Stoke and Swansea went in there wouldn't be anywhere near as much hysteria and posters on here would be talking about Europe again.

All fanbases are at times, fickle, deluded and petulant but we're becoming one of the worst for it - the same things we laugh at Forest for when they live in the past but the same is happening to us and I'm fed up of it already so **** knows what it'd be like if we appointed Allardyce or any of the other clowns that have got a bottom half side gig recently.

Excellent post.

Don't want Puel out but to answer the question with names I think we could realistically get:

Nigel Pearson

Eddie Howe

Danny Cowley (Lincoln)

Slavisa Jokanovic

Marco Silva (although question marks about his loyalty)

As an aside - Dyche can fúck right off with his whiney attitude and hoofball, he'd be a real downgrade, don't care how Burnley are doing this season.

1 hour ago, Shefffox2 said:

Pay Eddie Howe, a kings ransom backed with a generous transfer kitty and he could build a long term legacy,which we should have done after the premiership title. They play a fast flowing game, on small budget. . Promise the stadium expansion, if he signs as the icing on the ?

Puel can build a long term legacy. He's had part of a season and a January transfer period.

Too many people think that the grass is greener  - ask Southampton fans. It isn't.

2 hours ago, Shefffox2 said:

NO THEY DON'T. THEY DON'T DO EITHER. 

Sorry, it's nothing personal, but they old "plucky old Bournemouth" line is so lazy it's unreal, the amount of money they've pissed up the wall is unbelievable, almost as bad as us recently but at least we've got something to show for it. And as for the "fast flowing game", I'm assuming you didn't watch the match at the weekend? 

Also, (sorry) did you see how badly Howe did when he left Bournemouth last time? Same will happen when he leaves the next time imo. 

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba
  • Like 1

Anyone know what Puel's transfer record is like? He's likely got Mahrez and Huth to properly replace whilst also making the squad more comfortable in possession. Macia and Puel have got quite a rebuild job on their hands for the summer.

Also, from the OS about Macia: "Eduardo is renowned in professional football for his ability to set up long-term football strategies and develop recruitment policies"

I know it's only a line on the official site but probably shows we have a long-term plan in place which likely involves Puel building a squad more comfortable in possession. The owners have shown they're interested in the long term (I don't think they particularly wanted to give Shakey the job proper) and can't see them getting rid of Puel unless we're in danger of going down.

Edited by Richard
macia

Leicester City ownership have stated quite often that they want to be a top six club. To achieve that they will need to be top drawer in all depts ... medical, training & management.

For me Puel is OK but not really top drawer,his selection process & substitutions have been pretty shady so far. No doubt that he can keep us mid table but is that what LCFC wants

30 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Get rid of ca,200 Dozo Fans, Problem solved.!!!!

Puel is/will be/stays our best man for the Job.

Hes the man Daring to make and Go through with the needed changes.

Hes doing a good Job of keeping Mahrez and Team,happy and together.

That Celebrations after Riyhad Goal spoken many a words.

We are all allowed opinions,I Use Mine to say, any so called Fan,taking on the dirty Murckey Path

of a campaign and crusade,to attack and Troll against Puel,doesnt understand what has Got be done

and is definetly Missing the bigger picture needs for this season,and future.

ITS far too early,to See how Things in will shape Up.Our Transfer Business,was Not His,He obviously

sat down with the owners, made plans , Terme and expectations,obviously with some space and

Obligations. Just because Individual Fans dont Like His choices,which have successfull and failed,

with equal Balance,only proves their Short sightedness,Not that of Puels who was always going to

use and Turn,and try to mold the only resources he can use and what is ready available.

Newboys,from within and new Transfers blowing hot n cold,none staking  a heavy claim for

Guarranteed 1st choice...Look at team selections from this Forum,all slightly different from the

other,all saying how they should Play and the Formation.

Okazaki the best Player when Hes Out,but terrible choice when He plays..Silva and Iborra

the would be saviours....then totally inconsistent,Not hitting the Ground running.

Easy to pecurate , dish Out and preach the negatives,then using damn silly imature comparisons,

with His tenure at Southampton.

Hes been Here Not yet 6 Months,a mid season,and consilidated needed.That top 8-10 achieved.

Decent Cup runs achieved. Turgid Performances from previous Set ups smoothed Out.

Still inconsistencies,but new changes,rebuilding showing Potential.We havent finished off sides,

Not been clinical,in our created chances,but Not Imploded,at the Back either.

Quick and Immediate success was never on the cards.Posters expecting/demanding 6-7th

Just Like that arrogante ,despised Posts from other forums.

Even at this Period of Puels/Coaching staff,taking for Grannted that we were going to

Overrun,Out perform,the Likes of Stoke,Swansea,Bournemouth, leaves me more

Frustrated,with some posters on this Forum,than the Team.

Of Course I am disappointed,in the Results  and lack of consistent  cohesion in our Performances.

I dont believe Like some do , that our Last few games,have been dire and poor. 

Some moves,have withered out,and good chances created not been Converted.

Yes we have had periods in games,where we have seemingly lost commitment and flow,but

these hiccups Happen...especially when rebuilding and changing needs ,have to Take priority.

Every Chosen Team,every selected Player,every opinions,including Mine,is has acceptable, tangable,

Laughable,as any other,but Immediate character assassination,and premature campaigns,

when not a season has been Seen through,where everybody knew major Changes were needed

is total nonsense,and Lacks forethought.

But I am Just a Happy-clapper, who sees Potential in everybody ,and positives when they

might be struggling. Especially when they have Put us Into our 2nd strongest position,

In 4 years,with Future prospectives and potential looking more lively and interesting,than

the Last 18 Months.

Can we look forward to a paperback version of this?

(nice post)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

What has Manwell said?

Who have we hounded out? I don't believe any of the last three managers to leave the club left due to fan pressure.

Something about Puel being on quite thin ice, if we hadn't got those equalisers he could've been out the door.

5 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Good call......listened to his interview when he took the job. Very pragmatic and Pearsonesque in his comments, he had total faith that the positition Swansea was in was something that could be turned around.

Watch this space........!!

And then if he, being new to the job and without a transfer window dared to not to win a few games, we can sack him as well! ?

Up until Everton I was quite pleased with how Claude was doing.  The red hot form in the first 2 months was a joy.

Even the defeats up to that point I could live with. Palace was disappointing but you couldn't really moan about that after the form before it.

Swansea to Bournemouth though hasn't been good though. Added to what's looking like favourtism to the old guard along with uncertainty in our play and some of the criticism is justified.

The most disappointing thing has been the loss of form with what's a manageable run of games. Now we looked a bit toothless and we're playing teams like West Brom and Newcastle who need to win and a Brighton side on the crest of a wave. If we're still stuttering by the end of April then the fans will be even more impatient.

Overall he's still done more good than bad. 8th and an FA Cup Q-F is still good after how we were doing in October.Who knows 12 days from now we could be talking about this being a masterplan if we get a win over Chelsea

We went through peaks and troughs under Pearson and I'd be delighted if Claude can lead us upwards.

11 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Keep some stability ffs! It’s getting embarrassing now how quickly we hound managers out. He inherited a struggling, imbalanced squad and took us on a good run and we’ve done well in the cups. A few poor performances later and the usual buzz words start creeping in. Be careful what you wish for!

We're quickly becoming a joke if we do get rid of him now to be honest.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Up until Everton I was quite pleased with how Claude was doing.  The red hot form in the first 2 months was a joy.

Even the defeats up to that point I could live with. Palace was disappointing but you couldn't really moan about that after the form before it.

Swansea to Bournemouth though hasn't been good though. Added to what's looking like favourtism to the old guard along with uncertainty in our play and some of the criticism is justified.

The most disappointing thing has been the loss of form with what's a manageable run of games. Now we looked a bit toothless and we're playing teams like West Brom and Newcastle who need to win and a Brighton side on the crest of a wave. If we're still stuttering by the end of April then the fans will be even more impatient.

Overall he's still done more good than bad. 8th and an FA Cup Q-F is still good after how we were doing in October.Who knows 12 days from now we could be talking about this being a masterplan if we get a win over Chelsea

We went through peaks and troughs under Pearson and I'd be delighted if Claude can lead us upwards.

I’m not arguing with this.

However, let’s not cite the ‘FA Cup run’ as any sort of achievement for the manager at this stage.

So far we’ve only beaten lower league teams; my cat could have managed that.

?

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader