Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FOXYTALK

Summer 2018 Transfer Kitty

5 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I thought if they lived here for 5 years or more is it, that then they become a British citizen which then would surely allow Leon to be eligible. As long as they’re citizens they’re eligible? I could be wrong but I was sure that’s how it worked?

i don’t believe Southgate would comment unless he was 100% sure of Leon’s eligibility surely? 

You're 100% wrong im sorry 

so discussing next season with some fans at work of the big teams and they said when you lose mahrez for 60m ,your owner puts in another 40 and say you make 30 from sales who would you buy , 

my answer made them laugh and say no way would any of those come to leicester ? 

yet i think different , these are players at struggling teams and we have one of the richest owners in the league 

i would love to see us start next season like this 

--------------------------kasper---------------------------------

clyne-----------dragovic--------maguire-------------bertrand/shaw

---------------------silva------------------------ndidi----------------------

zaha/shakiri----------------------------------------------------------tadic--------

-----------------------vardy---------------rondon------------------------

am i being unrealistic ? 

clyne cant get a game for pool 

bertrand in a struggling saints team and not looking good 

tadic   see bertrand 

rondon   almost certain relegation with baggies

dragovic  already on loan here so know the set up 

zaha -------this would be our big money buy with high wages to replace mahrez and would be the difficult one 

shaqiri --------could prize him from a struggling stoke 

17 hours ago, ge12 said:

Yeah would be another decent option, agree that he would probably be easier to bring in.

A fairly local lad as well is he not, which may appeal to him if he fancies being back nearer to family/friends. 

Yeah his parents live in the Derby area, his brother plays for Leicester Riders. so that could be a good factor for us, I think he would be the perfect long term replacement for Wes tbh.

18 hours ago, ge12 said:

Yeah would be another decent option, agree that he would probably be easier to bring in.

A fairly local lad as well is he not, which may appeal to him if he fancies being back nearer to family/friends. 

4 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Yeah his parents live in the Derby area, his brother plays for Leicester Riders. so that could be a good factor for us, I think he would be the perfect long term replacement for Wes tbh.

Might as well go for him and Dragovic at the same time - Morgan's future at the club is uncertain, he's now 34 years old. And don't forget Robert Huth who'll be 34 in the summer.

I'd also suggest Martin Hinteregger (25, Augsburg), for the special Austrian link with Dragovic.

If we don't sign Dragovic we better have someone better lined up. He looked really good with Maguire and we were playing with confidence from the back. 

Isn't he also available for a bargain price? 

Dragovic and that Bouna Sarr(?) Would be great additions of we could get them both.

12 hours ago, dorsetboy said:

am i being unrealistic ? 

dragovic  already on loan here so know the set up 

YES

43 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

i think Morgan will go this summer, Drago could be the man to replace him.

Dragovic will not be signing for us. He's not been dropped for no reason.

Plus if any of you had been treated like Drag has would you sign.

55 minutes ago, sylofox said:

YES

Dragovic will not be signing for us. He's not been dropped for no reason.

Plus if any of you had been treated like Drag has would you sign.

hes been dropped cause wes morgan is the black bobby moore

Edited by les-tah

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Might as well go for him and Dragovic at the same time - Morgan's future at the club is uncertain, he's now 34 years old. And don't forget Robert Huth who'll be 34 in the summer.

I'd also suggest Martin Hinteregger (25, Augsburg), for the special Austrian link with Dragovic.

Yes I would be more than happy for Dragovic to made permanent in the summer, as you say with Wes and Huth getting on (I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see Huth again) and every chance Benny is on his way out, I think bringing in 2 CBs would be a good move.

Not sure how happy Dragovic would be to sign a permanent deal, I thought he was playing well and has been harshly dropped since Wes' return from injury so he can rightly feel a bit aggrieved by that, I suppose it may come down to the terms of the loan deal and whether or not he has any say in the option to buy clause, I know there have been instances in the past where players have refused to sign despite a clause being agreed, I think Alderweireld did it at Southampton.

Edited by ge12

2 hours ago, les-tah said:

seen a lot of people want Dragovic? why the hell would he want to stay here? hes been booted out when he was well in form we showed him no respect.

Because he's a professional, he's stated he'd like to stay, he's noted that he's got people in front of him but that they aren't long term options.

Seemed to have his head screwed on and seemed to understand he was playing the long game here.

• Like 2

On 19/03/2018 at 21:53, STEVIE B said:

Footballers are so detached from the fans, can’t think of many I’d want to share a pint with. As long as they are decent players, who cares that much what they’re like ? We all love Vardy, as do l, but he gets plenty of abuse and hatred sent his way from opposing fans. 

Mate, pipe down. I'd have a pint with Vardy any day. 

John Jo Voldemort would just want to get his wand out. 

I think the owners will let Claude spend what he wants within reason. We know we need a rb, cb prob a lb as fuchs replacement as chilly isn't good enough at the moment, and a replacment for Mahrez. Thats at least 4 new players we will need so if anyone thinks we are getting 4 top players worthy of being a 1st team regular here for under £50m then you are dreaming. Average players get sold for £15m-20m now and top players are £30m plus. I wouldn't be surprised if we spent up to £100m on new signings but we will prob get £60m-70m for Mahrez. Then if we can offload the likes of Musa, slimani and a few more we could potentially make £100m in selling players. So our net spend maybe around the £40m-£50m mark but our overall spend will be £100m+ in my opinion. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I think the owners will let Claude spend what he wants within reason. We know we need a rb, cb prob a lb as fuchs replacement as chilly isn't good enough at the moment, and a replacment for Mahrez. Thats at least 4 new players we will need so if anyone thinks we are getting 4 top players worthy of being a 1st team regular here for under £50m then you are dreaming. Average players get sold for £15m-20m now and top players are £30m plus. I wouldn't be surprised if we spent up to £100m on new signings but we will prob get £60m-70m for Mahrez. Then if we can offload the likes of Musa, slimani and a few more we could potentially make £100m in selling players. So our net spend maybe around the £40m-£50m mark but our overall spend will be £100m+ in my opinion. 

Agreed, fits in with our last few transfer windows in terms of net spend, too.

https://www.frontrowsoccer.com/2018/03/23/some-street-smarts-christian-fuchs-teams-with-street-soccer-usa-for-a-special-sunday-clinic/

Fuchs, who flies home to the city to see his family as much as he can, will become a permanent resident next year after he retires.

“We planned the sessions that we’re holding right now. We’ve planned it all around the international breaks so I can be there in person,” Fuchs said. “That’s very important to me, to be there as much as possible. A year from now when I am having a constant presence in New York, then I want to extend my own program. I’m very excited what the future can bring with Street Soccer USA.”

We all already knew this really, but confirmation that Fuchs is retiring at the end of next season, with no further contract extensions.

Edited by brucey
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, foxes21 said:

Could Elliot Moore have a chance of making the squad next season?

Playing at a better level than Hughes/Knight and seems to be doing well. 

Not sure yet, I'd give Callum Elder a chance at left-back at some stage. Impressive for Wigan this season.

Moore probably needs one more season at Championship level, but that's just my guess. Not overly impressed by the Proximus League in Belgium.

On 25/03/2018 at 10:04, MC Prussian said:

Not sure yet, I'd give Callum Elder a chance at left-back at some stage. Impressive for Wigan this season.

Moore probably needs one more season at Championship level, but that's just my guess. Not overly impressed by the Proximus League in Belgium.

Is Elder not out of contract this summer? I think I read that somewhere and if he is then I wonder whether the club will renew it

58 minutes ago, RutlanderFox said:

Is Elder not out of contract this summer? I think I read that somewhere and if he is then I wonder whether the club will renew it

A left back, Elder was born in Sydney, Australia and began his youth career with Manly United, before moving to England at the age of 16 to begin a scholarship in the academy at Leicester City.[3] After completing his scholarship at the end of the 2012–13 season, he was awarded his first professional contract.[4] Graduating to the Foxes' U21 team, he progressed to sign a new two-year deal at the end of the 2014–15 season and a further extension a year later,[5] which will keep him at the King Power Stadium until June 2019

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Thomas Meunier is unhappy at PSG.

I say - sign him up! One of the best European right-backs at present.

Couldn't agree more! Even if there's only the slightest possibility we could sign him we should be all over it!