Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
nastynas

Kapustka

Didn’t he play like left or right back for Poland when he stormed it in that tournament? I still don’t know what his position actually is. He never had anything locked down when he played for us for that short stint.

39 minutes ago, Ozwin said:

Didn’t he play like left or right back for Poland when he stormed it in that tournament? I still don’t know what his position actually is. He never had anything locked down when he played for us for that short stint.

I thought he was a CM at the euros. Thought he looked quite good, too. I think his confidence is probably at an all time low. Doesnt help Wasyl left, seemed they had a father-son thing going.

Hope Puel can get his confidence back and he starts looking good.

Freiburg manager Streich has a few times this past season complained about Kapustka being „not ready“ for Bundesliga matches, which hints at motivational problems, and potentially a player lost after having been touted the next big thing in Polish football. He has been described as erratic in both training and matches, showing flashes of genius, then committing the most basic errors shortly after.

Either he leaves this summer or the club give him one last chance to prove himself in another pro league abroad.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Another bizarre, and not inexpensive, signing.

No idea why?

Alongside Benalouane, Amartey and Inler. All 4 cost in the region of £4-7m and all 4 have done nothing here. That's also why I don't think people are on their back like they are with Musa/Slimani.  If Amartey and Benalouane cost £16-20m they would get the same pelters Musa gets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Alongside Benalouane, Amartey and Inler. All 4 cost in the region of £4-7m and all 4 have done nothing here. That's also why I don't think people are on their back like they are with Musa/Slimani.  If Amartey and Benalouane cost £16-20m they would get the same pelters Musa gets.

Good point. I think they’ve all been left alone in part on account of their price tag.

15 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Have you had multiple international caps already? This shows there is a player in there somewhere, he needs the right environment, support and coaching and he still had plenty of time to fulfill his potential.

No one will sign you up because you’re awful at football and have next to zero chance of improving. This lad clearly is a decent footballer but struggling with something, whether that be confidence, being away from home at a young age, mental or something else.

With Puel’s reputation for bringing through young talent,Iwould love to see him come back, be given a full preseason, maybe integrated into our u23s and see if he can have a future with us.

I think the club is somewhat to blame for buying him based on a few good games in the euros with no real plan for him, just as an asset in potentia.  Not what a young player needs

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Another bizarre, and not inexpensive, signing.

No idea why?

Isn't it easy to call young player purchases bizarre or great in hindsight?

I don't think he was that expensive given that he was so young and already a Polish international (scoring on his debut and being the star player against Norn Ireland) and being declared the new Polish sensation by various sources.

The idea why was that he looked like he could turn into a top class player and we had the chance to get him in advance of other big clubs who were also interested.

I'm certainly glad we try this type of signing. 

Are you suggesting that there are signings that are guaranteed to work out for Leicester City of players that will come here for the money and wages that we can offer?

Please give me a list of these players to pass onto Rudders.

15 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

Being as you asked for my input I'll give it to you.

I think he was a good purchase that wasn't handled very well. Our club doesn't seem to have the support network in place that is needed. Here was a very young guy with talent who couldn't speak English very well and had never left home before suddenly in the glare of A title winning Prem team in a rather boring city in a foreign country. He was terribly. He didn't settle and suffered not only from homesickness but cultural disorientation He was so badly mismanaged. Eventually it was Wasyl who took the lad under his wing and tried to help him out. As I say the club needs a far better support network for all it's young footballers and all it's foreign footballers ( especially those leaving their countries to play in a foreign league foor the first time) and even more so for it's young foreign footballers. 

We then compounded the mistake by sending him to Germany.

I don't know what mental state the lad is now in but if he somehow survives this I still think he can be a top level footballer and I hope that we get him back help him out which in turn helps us out.

Not sure how many on here at the age of 19 would have been able to handle the situations he's found himself in.

No doubt there must be a massive confidence drop there with Kapustka. He was among the brightest young stars of the Euros two years ago at 19, which would be a dream career start for every young player. Now 2 years on as Iguafol says he's gone backwards, because that's what inevitably happens when you don't play football and he was given fewer and fewer minutes by Freiburg coach, so he was feeding off scraps instead of being properly nourished and developed. (and that was his second consecutive season of bench-warming). I'd probably forget he had played for Poland (and succesfully) if it wasn't for Leicester and occasional cabbage thread popping up. As expected he wasn't even featured in a long list of 35 Polish players (published couple weeks ago) who are being considered for the World Cup.

What worries me most is what's inside this (still young) cabbage's head. He gave an interview in January to a Polish sports portal and every second sentence was about God or Church or participating in a mass which left me very puzzled and worried about his future development. I mean lots of players are religious people (and many at the same time are very succesful at football like Kante or Salah) but it gave me an impression of a highly introvertic kid who instead of doing something practical (like clenching your buttcheeks and giving your best on the training pitch or hiring a mental coach as was suggested by the journo) prefers to hide in church whenever there's some obstacle on his way. After reading that interview I'm really worried about the kid. The best way to get back on the right track for him is imo to get loaned to a Polish Ekstraklasa team, as I can't imagine any serious club from any stronger European league wanting to buy a player who haven't played for two years and I'm not sure another stint at Leicester's (or Freiburg's even) U23 would bear any fruit. Sitting on the bench is pointless especially at a time when one should grow and develop. 

EDIT: It's not impossible that I'm slightly overreacting to that interview, but the whole of it and the manner in which his words were put down gave me such impression and a reason to be concerned about Kapi 

Edited by Chester Dontlie

I don't think playing for our U23 development team would be the worst option, as long as he's played every game but I really hope that he can get a better gig. 

Certainly worried about his mental and psychological state and like you worried about his religious extremism. 

I think his latest tweet was a picture of the pope.