Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Belgium vs. England - The race for 3rd spot (14th of July)

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Don’t really see why Leicester fans want a half fit Vardy running round in a glorified friendly for ten minutes 

Exactly.

If he’s got a niggle then no point aggravating it.

Imagine if he’d come on, made it worse and missed the start of next season?

Just now, brucey said:

I think he's avoiding picking Vardy because of his age. Developing the youth by giving them game time is probably the idea. Poor Vards though :(

Yet has played Ashley Young throughout the tournament.

• Like 4

Phil Jones, not good enough.

Rashford, should be learning.

Lingard has quality but still makes poor decisions at times.

Sterling,...……….:frantics:

Most of all, we lack a decent top quality midfield maestro, when Maguire or Stones are the ones pressing the attack you know your midfield is shit.

Just not good enough today, but we finished 4th which is far better than anyone since Sir Bobby. The future doesn’t look too shabby although we really need a creative midfielder and accept that the likes of Rashford, Sterling, Dier and Ali aren’t good enough at this level. 

Just now, Kitchandro said:

Well done Kane, 3 penalties, 2 tap ins, one that hit you and went in and zero impact in the knockout stages.

Still, Rashford and Sterling earned their places....oh wait.

Right place at the right time and he won the penalties so... your point 

Dier missed such an easy chance, I like L-C, but he can be so slow and decision making so bad - do they actually get coached to think as well as play? 

Can't see any hope for immediate future and I always look on the bright side. 

1 minute ago, Kitchandro said:

England’s record at this World Cup is won 3, lost 3, drawn 1.

Bit of perspective.

Wasn’t Portugal’s record similarly average winning Euro 2016? 

Theyve surpassed any expectation. Always thought quarters would be the limit and I think everyone’s belief that the first time they played quality they’d struggle. 

I might be odd here but I find it satisfying that Belgium were happy to counter on us. Under previous regimes, we would have stuck 11 men the ball. I think that’s the biggest step with this tournament 

I think our lack of midfield options killed us to be honest, you really only have Henderson the useless Dier, Delph who doesn't play midfield anymore for Man City and Loftus-Cheek who is promising but is he in our top 5 midfielders?

We've no one in the squad who can get the ball deep and spray a pass.

2 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Well done Kane, 3 penalties, 2 tap ins, one that hit you and went in and zero impact in the knockout stages.

Still, Rashford and Sterling earned their places....oh wait.

Least impressive golden boot I can recall. The tap ins are okay, mind, because that's what he's there to do.

It's pleasing, of course though.

Edited by Fox92

Every player and member of the coaching staff should be proud and satisfied with this world cup. I don't want to denigrate Harry Kane's achievement because it's not easy to win a golden boot but he clearly wasn't right in this game. We were almost playing with 10 men. This isn't necessarily a pro vardy thing, I would have had welbeck over kane today. I almost hope he's got a knock because he was so so poor but if he did have a knock, questions need to be asked of the management. I really really didn't want to criticise any aspect of this squad but just found it strange. English and proud, well done everybody involved for the whole tournament performance.

• Like 1