Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Rachid Ghezzal signs.

15 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Think I have to agree with Ric here, I'm absolutely sure Maddison will come on, he's only a kid but he's flattered to deceive in the last 3 games albeit he's played quite well. I think he's been targeted in fairness and has to learn to deal with it. Have to agree that Ghezzal in the first half contributed much more. Nowhere near so good when back out on the wing to allow Iheancho to come on who was woeful. 

I agree that Maddison has had a quiet month or so since his call up.

But Ghezzal putting in a masterclass in how to play the number 10? Come off it. 

44 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

It was a masterclass in the 1st half compared to anything we've seen in that role from any other player this season. 

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

I didn't use the term masterclass did I? I do think he was very effective and had his best game for us in that position. It's one game he's had there but certainly looked more accomplished there than Nacho who has had plenty of opportunities there without too much promise and consistency. Maddison is very young and still adapting, he appears to have been understandably targeted at times and needs to learn how to handle that as he can look a little lightweight at times. That is not a criticism, it's very understandable at this early stage in his career. If he's still injured I would certainly like to see Ghezzal given another opportunity to see if he could replicate that performance or at least in the cup match coming up.

....I have previous;y posted that Ghezzal should play in the ten position when we take off Maddison at 80 mins.

I can understand if Albrighton was  struggling, but putting Ghezzal on the wing to accommodate Nacho was a poor move and should have been avoided as we have attempted to shoehorn Nacho into the team with Maddison playing wide. We need to learn from past failures and Puel either deems this ploy to be successful or has failed to understand how it limits the creativity within the team.

It seems to come back to seeing the big picture, and Puel appears, to be blind in this respect. He now collaborates with Stowell in the matter of game management, and without being disparaging Stowell is a goalkeeping coach who is normally used as a number two in a caretaker capacity. Why Puel should be seeking his council is beyond me and we need to have a number two alongside Puel, who he will not view as competition for his post and someone he trust to tell him, if he is missing the obvious, and the honesty to tell him so.

This leads me to a wish or perhaps a move by the club to bring back Shakespeare as his number two. The problem with making Shakespeare the  manager left the precarious position of losing a good coach when he was sacked. Having seen the events today, a family had united for the day, and what I now see as an obvious move by the club needs to happen in order to complete the jigsaw.

For all the good performance (normally for one half) you feel there is something missing and you can feel it, and it is something like.... the team lacks identity and a heart. The fact that the previous managers were welcomed by the supporters, and we can all understand why it was done, and yet there is no warmth or feeling for Puel says a lot.

The team reflects his personality, Shakey would bring the whole team and management together.

It needs to happen.....make it so!!!!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

Typical impatience from some fans. 

We're what, 12 games in? 

12 games - of which he's probably played in... 7? If that? 

Fastest, hardest league in the world. 

Give the kid a chance to adapt? 

Nah, he's dog-shit, **** him. What did giving players time ever do for us? 

Oh yeah, we gave players like Vardy time and we won the PL. 

Does anyone ever learn? Nope. 

Trouble with this kind of comment is that this forum can only exist in the present.  Are we to be forever shut down when discussing a player?  Shall we just talk about the weather? 

There is nothing wrong with deserved criticism as long as you are also willing to give credit when it's due if a player comes good.

Time is not a miracle worker.  It can't turn a carthorse into a thoroughbred and that is a general comment, I am not calling Ghezzal a carthorse.  I mean, should we still be waiting on Benalouane to come good?  Inler?  Musa?  etc etc.

Personally, I am pleased to see him have a good game behind Vardy, he seems to be a lot more effective there than on the wing.  

• Like 1

Unfortunately for him, he hasn’t made an immediate impression and many had decided he was shit as soon as he signed. Therefore as soon as he makes a simple mistake the whole ground groans, same with Iheanacho. Commentators mentioned how quick fans got on his back. 

He’s no world beater but I think he’s done ok. Unfortunately lack of pace is the difference. 

12 minutes ago, Woodsey1727 said:

That's understandable, think we still need a another winger though as we needed to bring a winger on in those last ten minutes 

It's really surprised me how Diabate seems to have been cast aside. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't overly impressed last year but Puel seemed to rate him highly. 

57 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Unfortunately for him, he hasn’t made an immediate impression and many had decided he was shit as soon as he signed. Therefore as soon as he makes a simple mistake the whole ground groans, same with Iheanacho. Commentators mentioned how quick fans got on his back. 

He’s no world beater but I think he’s done ok. Unfortunately lack of pace is the difference. 

Which we knew .... his dead ball delivery is pretty good and he did ok as a no 10 but more linking play than making decisive attacking contributions......

Sorry if anybody has already mentioned this but having watched him on Saturday I have drawn the conclusion that he could come good if he was a lot braver than he is.

He does the safe thing all the time and appears afraid to be a little ambitious on the ball. Always the easy pass, little flick, lets release the ball as soon as I get it. He needs confidence and belief in his ability, take players on, do the tricks ( he has them in his feet). Thats what made Mahrez a great player. I believe this guy has it but needs a lot more self belief.

On 11/11/2018 at 11:27, murphy said:

Trouble with this kind of comment is that this forum can only exist in the present.  Are we to be forever shut down when discussing a player?  Shall we just talk about the weather? 

There is nothing wrong with deserved criticism as long as you are also willing to give credit when it's due if a player comes good.

Time is not a miracle worker.  It can't turn a carthorse into a thoroughbred and that is a general comment, I am not calling Ghezzal a carthorse.  I mean, should we still be waiting on Benalouane to come good?  Inler?  Musa?  etc etc.

Personally, I am pleased to see him have a good game behind Vardy, he seems to be a lot more effective there than on the wing.  

Trouble with this kind of comment is that it is a straw man that people who unfairly slate players always use as an excuse (not accusing you of being one of those people).

I do not think anyone has an issue with discussing a player and with constructive criticism.  The issue is with the "he's shit.  Sell him.  Absolute garbage.  Terrible.  Sell him" type stupidness that some posters go for.  By all means criticise any of our players but at least do it in a manner which makes sense and does not make you lok like a 12 year old (again. not accusing you of being one of these posters).  X

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Trouble with this kind of comment is that it is a straw man that people who unfairly slate players always use as an excuse (not accusing you of being one of those people).

I do not think anyone has an issue with discussing a player and with constructive criticism.  The issue is with the "he's shit.  Sell him.  Absolute garbage.  Terrible.  Sell him" type stupidness that some posters go for.  By all means criticise any of our players but at least do it in a manner which makes sense and does not make you lok like a 12 year old (again. not accusing you of being one of these posters).  X

Trouble with this kind of comment is that you don't seem to have read the bits where I said 'deserved criticism' and 'credit when it's due'. 

If you want to reply to something I haven't said, it would be best not to quote me.

On 11/11/2018 at 13:41, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

It's really surprised me how Diabate seems to have been cast aside. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't overly impressed last year but Puel seemed to rate him highly. 

He has played pretty poorly with the U23s - though yesterday he was quite electric.