Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

3 hours ago, baldeagle said:

Was just about to post this. What a willy puller honestly! In what world is top 10 for us "overachieving" considering the investments we've made and the players we've got. Savage needs to fvck off and have nothing to do with this club

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

Was just about to post this. What a willy puller honestly! In what world is top 10 for us "overachieving" considering the investments we've made and the players we've got. Savage needs to fvck off and have nothing to do with this club

Couldn’t agree more he’s only Leicester when it suits him 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Corky said:

If we finish 10th then that will be 7 out of 13 seasons in the top 10 in the Premier League. How is that punching above our weight when it's the more common outcome?

All of this "what used to be" is just nonsense. Clubs, and the game, move on. We should be judged on what happens at the moment, not 20 years ago.

Exactly! And god forbid we show some ambition. It's the top 6s league and anyone else should be grateful to share the same air as them according to the media

We're not being unreasonable it's just we know how good we can be and the potential we have

4 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Was listening to talk sport discussing Benitez, they claimed that him moving from Newcastle to Leicester would be a backwards step for him. Some people are truly deluded. 

Most of the presenters on Talkshite are ex playing alcoholics.   So most of the opinions you here rarely make sense.

20 hours ago, baldeagle said:

What a sad, pathetic, brainless, ill-informed little twerp Robbie Savage is. Honestly, is there any sane person out there who actually thinks his opinion is worth anything? I guess the fact that he has a job in the media is just a sorry indictment of the click bait times we live in... BT and the Mirror, have you no shame?

PS I know he played for us during one of our most successful eras but he surely has to be up there with Keown, Wise and the like as one of the most despised ex-Leicester players. Can you imagine the boos if he came on the pitch at half time with the Birch?

8 minutes ago, Hammo said:

What a sad, pathetic, brainless, ill-informed little twerp Robbie Savage is. Honestly, is there any sane person out there who actually thinks his opinion is worth anything? I guess the fact that he has a job in the media is just a sorry indictment of the click bait times we live in... BT and the Mirror, have you no shame?

PS I know he played for us during one of our most successful eras but he surely has to be up there with Keown, Wise and the like as one of the most despised ex-Leicester players. Can you imagine the boos if he came on the pitch at half time with the Birch?

Horrible little man 

16 hours ago, Corky said:

All of this "what used to be" is just nonsense. Clubs, and the game, move on. We should be judged on what happens at the moment, not 20 years ago.

This, this and this again! I even think it's moronic from commentators at every game to bring up the statistics, how many draws, wins or loses were between two clubs in Premier League history, it's so lazy. A team of swans can turn to ugly ducklings overnight, or the opposite, but people and pundits especially always feel compelled to bring back what happended X years ago, like it had any relevance for the current team of players.

PS Robbie Savage is a clueless ****

2 hours ago, Hammo said:

and he makes kids carry his trainers for him

On 02/02/2019 at 13:09, peach0000 said:

Was listening to talk sport discussing Benitez, they claimed that him moving from Newcastle to Leicester would be a backwards step for him. Some people are truly deluded. 

The media love the narrative that Newcastle are this huge successful club when really they are not. They are just in a big city with a loud fan base.

They've not won the league for nearly 100 years and their last FA cup success was 70 years ago. Last trophy they had was a forgotten European Trophy in 1969. We've had a lot more recent success than them even in the last 30 years.

Absolute joke to suggest we are a backwards step.

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Where's the lizards?

They're hiding with the invading camouflaged little alien green men from Mars, since they're the ones who sabotaged the helicopter :P:( 

I feel like I've lost a few IQ points reading that blog article, lol.  

Really wouldn't surprise me if we were doping that season. Weren't we one of the least fit teams in the league the season before, then all of a sudden next season getting highest km per 90, pressing like mad, and we've never been able to do it since. Obviously Kante played a massive role in that, but we have never looked at that level of fitness since. I imagine most clubs are doing it to be honest, so I couldn't give fvck either way. 

27 minutes ago, BrokenRecord said:

Really wouldn't surprise me if we were doping that season. Weren't we one of the least fit teams in the league the season before, then all of a sudden next season getting highest km per 90, pressing like mad, and we've never been able to do it since. Obviously Kante played a massive role in that, but we have never looked at that level of fitness since. I imagine most clubs are doing it to be honest, so I couldn't give fvck either way. 

Seriously doubt it.

Arguably the players who did the most running around in that squad were the likes of Okazaki, Albrighton, Vardy, Drinkwater and Kanté. The back four were solid and defensive and didn't venture too far forwards, and Mahrez didn't track back all that much. Of those 5, Kanté left the next season and Vardy/Drinkwater were carrying injuries (probably brought on by an intense campaign the year prior), so its no surprise we dropped off a bit. Okazaki was only ever capable of around an hour at his ridiculous energy levels, and Albrighton is the one player who's carried on at that same fitness level - although he plays with his heart on his sleeve and leaves everything out there every match. Given how he played through injury so much if any of our players was doping it'd be Vardy, but given how (disproportionately) often he was being tested for both us and England it'd be a major shock if he slipped past the testers.

Plus, Ranieri tried changing the style of play in that second season as he knew the PL winning form wasn't sustainable. It proved his downfall, but certainly contributed to the lower levels of fitness since then.

• Like 2

Would be an even more incredible feat if we'd drugged and cheated our way through that season

It would mean we planned for one season to play well enough with the aid of drugs and favourable decisions to shoot up the league lol

Even a top team would struggle to win the league with a little bit of help from drugs and refs. If we masterminded the whole thing, well, thats as incredible and freakish as us winning the title without drugs and cheating refs

Its the difference between the stars aligning for a fluke underdog win or a genius strategic victory which would require a god like level of planning.

Both pretty good

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's just weird that we found a way to systematically dope without being caught and rigged the entirety of the national and international football authorities in our favour but only decided to be good for one season. 

Shouldn't we be on the back of consecutive quadruples following the 15/16 title?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1