Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest seanfox778

Everton Home Pre Match 06/10

12 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Hope that, this time, Morgan doesn't play against their offensive pace.

Will be an interesting battle between Maguire v Ashley Williams (who has appeared to be a liability at times) and Michael Keane during corners etc.

Ashley Williams is now on loan at stoke! Even that seems a level too high tbh

• Haha 2

I agree with those that say it will be a good test for all the obvious reasons but ... just as if we win it won't mean that we're nailed on for Europe, equally, if we lose, it doesn't mean that we're getting relegated and the manager is useless and needs sacking yet again. It could go either way and a decent indicator perhaps, but not definitive at this stage of a season. No panic.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I agree with those that say it will be a good test for all the obvious reasons but ... just as if we win it won't mean that we're nailed on for Europe, equally, if we lose, it doesn't mean that we're getting relegated and the manager is useless and needs sacking yet again. It could go either way and a decent indicator perhaps, but not definitive at this stage of a season. No panic.

Don’t panic you say?

On 29/09/2018 at 20:25, RODNEY FERNIO said:

They're nine times champions of England and five times FA cup winners  … I'd say that's a pretty big club

Historically yes, but their last League Title was over thirty years ago! On that basis the following should all be classed as big clubs, but we would expect to beat them this season:-

Villa - 7 League titles,  Last one 1980/81;  7 FA Cup, 5 League Cup and not forgetting European Cup.

Sunderland - 6 League titles, last one 1935/36,  2 FA Cup.

Sheffield Wednesday - 4 League titles, last one 1929/30,  3 FA Cup, 1 League Cup.

Blackburn Rovers - 3 League titles, last one 1994/95, 6 FA Cup, 1 League Cup.

Everton have been living on their past for years, recently they are just a competent Premiership Club with less success than us since 1996! 

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Will be an interesting battle between Maguire v Ashley Williams (who has appeared to be a liability at times) and Michael Keane during corners etc.

Morgan to play,and outwits the doubters....I

A CB doesn't need Pace,when defending,he has to hold his position on turns,be in a position to intercept.Jump- timing while defending set pieces,

Don't let anybody by....

Then hack the b@stard down if he's getting by,or through.Get a red,take a 3 game rest,in a long season,and let Soyunca have a go...simples. :celebrate:

21 minutes ago, Vulpine Victor said:

Historically yes, but their last League Title was over thirty years ago! On that basis the following should all be classed as big clubs, but we would expect to beat them this season:-

Villa - 7 League titles,  Last one 1980/81;  7 FA Cup, 5 League Cup and not forgetting European Cup.

Sunderland - 6 League titles, last one 1935/36,  2 FA Cup.

Sheffield Wednesday - 4 League titles, last one 1929/30,  3 FA Cup, 1 League Cup.

Blackburn Rovers - 3 League titles, last one 1994/95, 6 FA Cup, 1 League Cup.

Everton have been living on their past for years, recently they are just a competent Premiership Club with less success than us since 1996! 

One thing they are good at is staying in the top flight. Haven’t been relegated since the fifties which is quite commendable.

23 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

A CB doesn't need Pace,when defending,he has to hold his position on turns,be in a position to intercept.Jump- timing while defending set pieces,

Don't let anybody by....

Then hack the b@stard down if he's getting by,or through.Get a red,take a 3 game rest,in a long season,and let Soyunca have a go...simples. :celebrate:

I want to believe this and am I am drunk enough to believe this. But which one of the centre halfs to choose if he does get a red?! The one who's injured in Scotland, the one who can't speak English or the one who can't perform as well as Morgan. Eh, wait I'll flip this coin and we'll go with Darnell on heads and Knight on tails.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

The same Ashley Williams who plays for Stoke?

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

I want to believe this and am I am drunk enough to believe this. But which one of the centre halfs to choose if he does get a red?! The one who's injured in Scotland, the one who can't speak English or the one who can't perform as well as Morgan. Eh, wait I'll flip this coin and we'll go with Darnell on heads and Knight on tails.

This thing about no english...he needs to translate...

Kim!! Ben digilim hakem!!

Uzgunum!!!  Ama onu gormedum

Senin..topun 

Sadece...ver onu fking Vardy

Ayril ..bu benim icin

Sef Puel..ne yaptigini biliyor!!! Ffs

Then he becomes a regular...

• Haha 1

On 29/09/2018 at 20:00, Col city fan said:

This ones a major yardstick of how far we’ve come. Everton will be a tough test. 

This.

They're beatable as well. I think 2-2 though. Which would be a bit underwhelming but not a disaster.

They can't defend but they're quite good going forward.

6 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Don't let anybody by....

But we are playing high line.. So we need more than just pace, we also need acceleration. Morgan lack of both. 

Unfortunately it seems evans also not that fast :(

Interesting to see how much Chilwell has improved defensivly from our last Everton game,when

Walcott made him look out of his depth.

On the other wing,Amarty can prove his doubters (me) wrong in the way he handles Richarlison.

Tosun seems to be their version of Slimani but he did score last week!

Hopefully Madison will be restored to his central role and not shunted wide to shoehorn

Ianacho in.

Really looking forward to this game.

14 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Ashley Williams is now on loan at stoke! Even that seems a level too high tbh

11 hours ago, Ashley said:

The same Ashley Williams who plays for Stoke?

11 hours ago, LeicesterFoxChampion said:

Williams now at Stoke lol

I mean if we're being honest Ashley Williams doesn't really, and has never, 'played football' for anyone.

He's essentially that fake Brazilian footballer but he's actually managed to make a career out of not being able to play football. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

I’m surprised at the amount of people that are saying they’d be happy with a draw.

Maybe if we were playing these away, but they’ve not really set the world on fire so far this season.

These are the teams we need to be beating if we want European football next season.

Obviously if the only result on offer is a draw you take it, but we can beat these.

We’ve had a good week with 3 wins and confidence will be high for us. I would expect largely the same team to play that beat Newcastle. 

I think it’s more to do with expectation, although we’re 7th I’m far from convinced. 

The general play is still boring, we struggle to open teams up and the last 2 wins have been against teams that will be almost certainly relegated (maybe not Newcastle) but they are in turmoil.

The return of goals we have so far this season is staggering really compared to performances.

we can lay a marker here though if we win. Big game

• Like 1

On 29/09/2018 at 20:51, StriderHiryu said:

As crazy as this sounds this might be the most important game of our season, if not the second most important! Why? Well realistically if 7th place is the best we can achieve (which is most likely though Man United's meltdown gives us hope) then beating the teams that are also competing for that position is pivotal. Watford, Wolves and even West Ham might also be in contention but given Everton finished 8th last year they are the most likely team to be fighting it out with us. If we had beaten Everton away last season we'd have got 8th instead of them (this was the famous game where Mahrez went missing the day before the match).

Everton have been very inconsistent this season, but that's quite understandable given their recent change of manager and scatter gun transfer policy. That said they have good players, in fact probably in terms of direct comparisons they might even have better than us if all of their players are fit. But that said, I think there back 4 isn't the best (Mina has not started for them yet) and perhaps most importantly of all they don't have a clinical striker like we do in Jamie Vardy. For those reasons I think we will just shade it with a 1-0 victory but I expect a tough game here and we need to be on it to win. I think the battle in the middle of the park will determine the game, and Mendy / Ndidi / Maddison should beat Davies / Gueye / Sigurdsson.

Just one word of caution for us. Last season at Goodison Park Walcott was in great form and with the way we play, there is an obvious area to exploit behind Chilwell given how far he pushes up. If I was Marco Silva, I'd tell my team to play it directly on the diagonal behind Chilwell every time we turn the ball over as Walcott is one of the few players that Chilwell won't be able to catch if he gets a head start. As a result I wouldn't be surprised if Chilwell is told to hold his trademark runs just a bit at least in the first half. 

Marco says thanks for the tip.

• Haha 1

This is will be a solid test, no doubt. I’m glad that no one seems to be overlooking them. 

1-1 or 2-2 draw seems plausible but it could easily end up being a Foxes victory (if we score first - which isn’t likely, if past performances are any indication) 

While I hope that we can start a side similar to past weeks, I’m wondering as are a lot of other posters about whether or not Albrighton should find a place in the XI.

Edited by UPinCarolina

1 hour ago, Bert said:

I’m surprised at the amount of people that are saying they’d be happy with a draw.

Maybe if we were playing these away, but they’ve not really set the world on fire so far this season.

These are the teams we need to be beating if we want European football next season.

Obviously if the only result on offer is a draw you take it, but we can beat these.

We’ve had a good week with 3 wins and confidence will be high for us. I would expect largely the same team to play that beat Newcastle. 

That's exceptionally unlikely, our performances aren't indicative of that sort of finish IMO. Of course I want a win, but I certainly won't be bothered if we draw the game. A team capable of finishing will be able to pick us apart with the lack of protection we're giving the defence at the minute.