Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest seanfox778

Everton Home Pre Match 06/10

13 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Am I the only one worried about our high back line and richarlason and Walcott running past Morgan and Maguire?

NO.

We could be found out today if we repeat the Eddie Howe car crash.   Puel will not let this happen again and ensure they are protected against pace............well hopefully.

• Like 1

We can't be as bad as we were against Bournemouth, can we? :P  

(I see that they've decided to show the Saints vs Tigers Rugby match on Channel 5, though, so, if it gets too bad, at least I'll have something else to watch. ;)  I don't think it's entirely a coincidence that Tigers have been going downhill somewhat since I swapped my main allegiance to the Foxes, though! :P )

1 hour ago, Stevosevic said:

Possibly....

Think it spoils the view of the stand tbh.

Am sure it's well-constructed, but wouldn't feel comfortable standing/sitting underneath it on a blustery day..

Edited by Wymeswold fox

This match is one of the first proper tests of Puel's revolution. With pre-season well behind us and a decent number of games played he now has his players playing his tactics. After a very fortunate win against Wolves and a decent second half against Southampton saw us home the last two league games have seen decent wins but with the proviso that the opposition in both games were very poor.

Everton are not. They have similar ambitions to ours and. if we really want to finish in the top half them these are the games we need to win.

If we lose playing slow possession football with lots of sideways and backwards passing without creating much then more questions will be raised about the direction Puel is taking us. If on the other hand we can win and win fairly convincingly with a certain degree of entertainment chucked in for good measure then maybe the doubters might start to think we may be going on the right direction.

In the short term this is a big game for the club but possibly an even bigger game for Puel.

A win would be great but a draw not a disaster. Walcott nealry always scores against us and it is hard to see us keeping a clean sheet so will need at least two goals to win.

I think it will be 1-1

This is a worrying game. Last season we have tricky starts, and improved greatly after wins against everton, from 14th onto top half club and chasing for Europe. 

Then we lost to them in January and the form start to drop. Only few wins from dozen of games and the team place is drop

We start this season well enough. Will Everton change our team run once again?