Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Saints Cup Home Match Thread

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

If we beat these (somehow) can we have a sweepstake on what minute we'll get in Man City's half?

Seriously, do we think it goes into player's minds about the next round if they know they've got the best team in the country to play?

I know it shouldn't happen but I wonder if some would rather avoid it.

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Our wage bill after Everton's and West Hams splurge is likely to be 8th or 9th largest. Our net spend is the 12th largest since the title win, behind Fulham and Wolves. Even if you focus on total rather than net, it's still only just the 7th biggest £100m less than Everton. Anyone expecting much more than the 8th - 10th areas are kidding themselves. 

You are annoyingly correct on such a regular basis :thumbup:

Edited by Izzy Muzzett
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Our wage bill after Everton's and West Hams splurge is likely to be 8th or 9th largest. Our net spend is the 12th largest since the title win, behind Fulham and Wolves. Even if you focus on total rather than net, it's still only just the 7th biggest £100m less than Everton. Anyone expecting much more than the 8th - 10th areas are kidding themselves. 

I don't expect us to be pushing the top six but we should be challenging Everton and aiming for a Europa League qualification spot. This should be our goal.

Net spend is a misleading stat for us as we've sold players for big fees that skew the figure. And although Everton have spent more than is, they were starting from a lower base so had to catch up. 

Edited by breadandcheese
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

Thank god mark is on. Someone that gives a flying ****! 

Amazes me that more players don't look at the likes of him and see that putting in maximum effort continuously will get more out of your given talents. Has he ever not looked like he's giving everything?

• Like 1