Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Chelsea (A) Match Thread

8 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

He's determined not to give Iborra or Silva a go.  

There's no balance there for me.  Where's the creativity through the middle?

People talk about “creativity through the middle” like we have creative players who just aren’t being selected. 

We don’t. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Albrighton swinging in crosses to an isolated Vardy. Maddison not really playing anywhere. Three central midfielders stood in the centre circle. Oh it's going to be a delight.

My thoughts as well … only hope is that Ricardo and Chilwell play a lot further forward 

but could see possible carnage in defence if this happens.

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Not much point bombing forward if you don't have any possession though.

Think we'll see a system similar to the City game.

We'll try to keep it tight in defence, with looking to break quickly with Vardy, Albrighton and Maddison. Chilwell and Ricardo offering support on the break.

23 minutes ago, Beechey said:

So is 433 our new formation?

Versus the top 5 teams it seems so. Tried it vs Man City and Spurs. 

Though in both games we looked better when reverting back to 4-2-3-1!

I believe Chelsea have the highest possession stats in the league though so if ever there was a game for three DMs this is probably it. 

Edited by StriderHiryu

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

Versus the top 5 teams it seems so. Tried it vs Man City and Spurs. 

Though in both games we looked better when reverting back to 4-2-3-1!

I believe Chelsea have the highes possession stats in the league though so if ever there was a game for three DMs this is probably it. 

We looked good with the middle '5' and breaking quickly. Hopefully if we can do the same we'll be good. 

Think our middle 3 is to also match the Chelsea system, wouldn't be surprised to see hazard man marked and jorginho targeted 

I really hope everybody is right about Choudhury and I'm wrong.

I'm horrified he's anywhere near the first team.

Would prefer Gray over albrighton. frustrating that he is, he can run direct 30/40 yards and as such buy us some possession and territory (before, of course, the inevitable cut back in field)

I just hope if we are battling and in this one still approaching half time we don't do our usual thing and concede giving the momentum and initiative to the big side. Haven't got enough fingers and toes to try and count the number of times we have done that in the last 3 seasons v big clubs. 

25 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Would have probably had Iborra in over Ndidi or Mendy, but can't argue too much with that! 

Harsh on Gray because he was excellent midweek, but he put a proper shift in so not surprising that he's on the bench.

Iborra was gash midweek, why would he deserve a start?

• Like 1