Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Jamie Vardy to Chelsea

33 minutes ago, sylofox said:

The joke is if they really wanted that lifestyle they could. Plenty of places the could have moved to just a stones throw from London. 

But no let's move to rural Lincolnshire. Sort of puts paid to the bollox theory that she would want London. 

lol don't get this idea of wanting to live in or around London anyway, plus they still have 50 years to live out there days when the players retired with shed loads of money.

Always surprises me how few fans and pundits ever seem to take into account what the player wants. It's always about the club wouldn't sell etc. and yes as we saw with Mahrez you can force them to knuckle down. However, Vardy is a different prospect; his whole game is based on his running and enthusiasm and determination. A Vardy playing against his wishes would be half the player he is, and without his sharpness, the goals would quickly dry up. It's like the young lad at Chelsea, they can offer him what he likes to stay but if he really wants to experience German life it's pointless trying to keep him. I'd like to think Vardy is happy enough with his lot and will stay. Fingers crossed. However, as I say it isn't just down to the club.

15 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

Always surprises me how few fans and pundits ever seem to take into account what the player wants. It's always about the club wouldn't sell etc. and yes as we saw with Mahrez you can force them to knuckle down. However, Vardy is a different prospect; his whole game is based on his running and enthusiasm and determination. A Vardy playing against his wishes would be half the player he is, and without his sharpness, the goals would quickly dry up. It's like the young lad at Chelsea, they can offer him what he likes to stay but if he really wants to experience German life it's pointless trying to keep him. I'd like to think Vardy is happy enough with his lot and will stay. Fingers crossed. However, as I say it isn't just down to the club.

We've seen no indication that Vardy would down tools in a sulk, no indication that Vardy wants to leave. 

He's got a contract, the club have the power. He'll honour it. 

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

We've seen no indication that Vardy would down tools in a sulk, no indication that Vardy wants to leave. 

He's got a contract, the club have the power. He'll honour it. 

No exactly, let's hope it's just lazy journalism. However I do think we as fans overlook the personal things at times. The player who wants to move back to the north-east because of an aging parent, or the other halve's aging parent. Look at the guy West Ham had under Bilic. Yes he was happy to come here for the dosh, but simple fact remained he wanted to live in France. We could all be disappointed Andrew Strauss has resigned just when we're getting cricket sorted. I for one fully support his decision to resign. Real life things happen, and I'm just saying we tend to speak of players as contractual robots.

• Like 1

IF a decent bid came in for him I’d be tempted to sell, in the summer 

He’s lost a yard of pace, often caught offside. Doesn’t challenge/chase down defenders as much and doesn’t make runs into the box. 

In a year or so we are going to have to replace him so why not get a bit of cash before? I dunno, but I’m waiting for the Puel Out haters to jump down my neck :whistle:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThurnbyLodgeFox said:

He’s lost a yard of pace, often caught offside. Doesn’t challenge/chase down defenders as much and doesn’t make runs into the box. 

In a year or so we are going to have to replace him so why not get a bit of cash before? I dunno, but I’m waiting for the Puel Out haters to jump down my neck :whistle:

How the hell do you know he's lost a yard of pace, do you take a stop watch to the game or something ?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, ThurnbyLodgeFox said:

Confucious say don’t sell your chicken till you have another one that definitely lays eggs ...

I’d say ..   keep both in case one gets egg bound.

13 hours ago, ThurnbyLodgeFox said:

I haven't yet seen,where he's lost any pace...He might not do the high amount of runs ,he used to,but he's always 1st to the ball when he is determined,

and even when the ball doesn't reach him,he's already lost his marker...

He's had up to the Soton game,a few 1-on-1s....he's just not converted them!!!     

By the way ,he was always caught offside...but doesn't that prove he's still got the legs....plus Jamie is no one trick pony...his crossing or passing

is and as always been there....unfortunately even in the title season as now,his teammates have equally squandered the chances!!!

Higuain is going to Chelsea so this is 100% not happening. Spurs lol, firstly he wouldn't go there for 6 weeks playing time before golden boy comes back and secondly they won't pay what's required in fee or wages. Close thread.

Edited by Fox 4 Life

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

spurs thinking they're big enough to poach the best striker outside of the top 6 to play him for a month?

lol 

Levy wouldnt cough up the money for a striker, if he tried to buy Vardy he'd offer £3.50 and a pack of crisp and think it was a great deal for everyone

and i think Poch said they werent looking to get anyone in, if they were it would be the summer

On 13/01/2019 at 23:07, ThurnbyLodgeFox said:

Don't know about the "lost a yard" argument. That he is getting caught offside so often is also down to the lack of support from midfield or the lack of proper interaction with our midfielders, they don't seem to get the timing right as often as they should.

And it's also become easier to defend against Vardy because of the one-dimensional system we're employing. Play a high line and it's only Vardy you have to care about, our wingers don't push that much up front any longer. Ghezzal is no Mahrez and doesn't pose the same threat, Okazaki isn't favoured by Puel in a centre forward role and Iheanacho is so much out of form.

As for not chasing down defenders/challenging defenders, maybe it's because of motivational issues? :dunno:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Don't know about the "lost a yard" argument. That he is getting caught offside so often is also down to the lack of support from midfield or the lack of proper interaction with our midfielders, they don't seem to get the timing right as often as they should.

And it's also become easier to defend against Vardy because of the one-dimensional system we're employing. Play a high line and it's only Vardy you have to care about, our wingers don't push that much up front any longer. Ghezzal is no Mahrez and doesn't pose the same threat, Okazaki isn't favoured by Puel in a centre forward role and Iheanacho is so much out of form.

As for not chasing down defenders/challenging defenders, maybe it's because of motivational issues? :dunno:

Sooo

It's everybody elses fault but Jamies.

I think he's not as good this year, not as fit and mentally not really there.

2 minutes ago, FIF said:

Sooo

It's everybody elses fault but Jamies.

I think he's not as good this year, not as fit and mentally not really there.

I'd argue that in a system like this a player like Vardy isn't going to look as good.

He is a high intensity player, if he's not chasing down the channels or pressing high and forcing mistakes he'll be playing off the last shoulder. The problem with the current tactical set up is that there is no intensity about it and the patience on the ball means that his runs aren't going to get picked out because our other players are just so damn slow or "patient" with the ball.

He's trying his best to fit in the system but that dulls almost every strength he has so he's going to look like he's not fit or not there.

To be honest if Puel is here for the long run then we really should consider cashing in as having a striker around for 3 years on 100k pw+ that doesn't fit into the system just doesn't make sense. Its either that or start setting up the team to play to the strengths of our best players and we all know Puel will not change his way for anything.