Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Quick Brown Fox

Southampton Home post match, 1-2 loss.

I don't know why he hasn't started Ghezzal today, him and Albrighton where the best players on the pitch at Newport yet he has benched him after a good performance... he has done this with other players before as well Nacho on a few occasions after having a good game, Silva not getting a look in, sure Gray has been a culprit as well, Iborra as well, Evans.. the list goes on some of decisions are bizarre

Vardy didn't look right today either don't know if his head has been turned but wasn't in the game at all, probably knew what was coming.

Edited by whoareyaaa

10 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I don't know why he hasn't started Ghezzal today, him and Albrighton where the best players on the pitch at Newport yet he has benched him after a good performance... he has done this with other players before as well Nacho on a few occasions after having a good game, Silva not getting a look in, sure Gray has been a culprit as well, Iborra as well, Evans.. the list goes on some of decisions are bizarre

Vardy didn't look right today either don't know if his head has been turned but wasn't in the game at all, probably knew what was coming.

Where you been??? on another planet!!!

Many are were/having been screaming Ghezzal should not be near the 1st team!!!   

Can all of you people get together then decide as a group,who has the biggest credit in player critic of  the Puel-out arguments.....please!!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

That's not even epl sides. 

Against Cardiff, puel replace one of cdm with amc, people moan and cry about 433

Now he did 433 then people moan again for that 3cdm

Keep saying just why B not A after the game is too easy. This endless things is annoying 

23 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Look, there's no getting away from the fact that this was a truly bad result, but I'm still behind Puel. We had three academy products playing in the second half, with 8 out of 11 players being 25 and under. With such a young team there will always be ups and downs.

Of course we could have been more positive from the start but for the most part we dominated the game, even before the sending off. Unfortunately, 2 terrible individual mistakes by Mendy gave us a mountain to climb.

Despite relentless pressure in the second half, we couldn't quite get a result. Southampton rode their luck with some amazing blocks and poor finishing by us.

The thing is that for the first time that I can remember we have a manager who believes in and gambles on young players. In the long term this will pay off. But there is no gain without pain. 

Relentless pressure, were you at the game, Southampton were comfortable with 10 men, question how many decent saves did their keeper make during our relentless pressure?

3 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Albrighton was shit today. I love him, but he is occasionally very weak. At fault for the goals by the way. And Pereira.

He can't play on the right side, don't know why Puel has changed his role when he doesn't perform there.

I've been sat for the last 15 mins looking at all the players stats for this season and the only one with anything above a 6.anything is Maddison who sits around 7.3 overall rating. They are slowly declining especially the strikers. Even Maddison is starting to show signs of failing after the last few weeks. Something has to give. Hopefully the players will play for themselves against the big teams like we did against Chelsea and Man City, I'm not having they were playing Puels tactics in those games ir for Puel. 

2 minutes ago, StevieB said:

I've been sat for the last 15 mins looking at all the players stats for this season and the only one with anything above a 6.anything is Maddison who sits around 7.3 overall rating. They are slowly declining especially the strikers. Even Maddison is starting to show signs of failing after the last few weeks. Something has to give. Hopefully the players will play for themselves against the big teams like we did against Chelsea and Man City, I'm not having they were playing Puels tactics in those games ir for Puel. 

This is one reason a lot of the Puel out posters are just ignored. We play well and all of a sudden the players are taking control and Puel has no input, yet when we lose its all Puel's fault. It can't be both ways.

2 hours ago, DerbyshireFox said:

The first half was dire. You have to question the desire of some of the players. They should have come out with hurt pride after last week, instead they came out like they’d just got out of bed. I said it last week, as a player you have to look inside yourself sometimes and dig deep. Too many of them are happy to shirk the responsibility at home for whatever reason - be it youthful naïveté or complacency. The passing was very poor today, and whatever your view on the manager, he cannot legislate for the mistakes that led to the goals. Second half was always an uphill battle but we never looked like getting a second. I could understand Ghezzal coming on - another ‘creative’ player to try and unpick the defence, and fair play to Southampton they defended well under pressure without us really testing McCarthy. Not a good day today. Knowing us we’ll get a result at Molineux next week!! 

Hardly any played last week  We are poor at home apart from top 6 and any good performances are likely to be away lost at home to Everton Cardiff and Southampton won them all away  add 9 pointsand it looks a much better season

I was seriously on the fence regarding Puel.  However, after today I am definitely out.  I am fed up to the back teeth of the slow lumbering pass it backwards and sideways possession based crap.  Where has the excitement gone?  Its bloody boring.

Today, we had no clue whatsoever of how to break down a team who were defending for their lives,  Chilwell, what is the point of bombing down the wing if when you get on the edge of the box you stop and pass it bloody backwards.  Maddison  what has happened to him?  Trying to score from 25 yards and he has caught the Leicester illness his corners do no longer beat the first man.

Vardy what on earth has happened to him?  Something needs to change and change quick.  We are genuinely going nowhere with Puel.

19 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

This is one reason a lot of the Puel out posters are just ignored. We play well and all of a sudden the players are taking control and Puel has no input, yet when we lose its all Puel's fault. It can't be both ways.

Oh no. I've been Puel out since day one. I never given him a chance because I couldn't understand a word he was saying if I'm honest. I googled him when he was appointed, watched his interviews and thought holy 5h1t we've gone from Ranieri to this boring life sponge. Because that's what he is. You lot defending him have been sucked in by his youth speach. Apart from Chilwell who spent all summer working on his own game Puel is ruining our players. Gray, Iheanacho, and now Maddison and Vardy have all gotten worse under Puel. How can you inspire and lead in the moment if you're stuttering everything your saying. Oh and he replaced Mahrez and Kante with Mendy and Ghezzal. He's a tool. You just can't see it yet. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Foxaholic ME said:

Hardly any played last week  We are poor at home apart from top 6 and any good performances are likely to be away lost at home to Everton Cardiff and Southampton won them all away  add 9 pointsand it looks a much better season

Whether they played or not last week is irrelevant, win as a team, lose as a team.  We are generally having a good season, and I’m behind them as long as they are here - manager included. However questions have to be asked of the mentality of some of the squad 

1 minute ago, StevieB said:

Oh no. I've been Puel out since day one. I never given him a chance because I couldn't understand a word he was saying if I'm honest. I googled him when he was appointed, watched his interviews and thought holy 5h1t we've gone from Ranieri to this boring life sponge. Because that's what he is. You lot defending him have been sucked in by his youth speach. Apart from Chilwell who spent all summer working on his own game Puel is ruining our players. Gray, Iheanacho, and now Maddison and Vardy have all gotten worse under Puel. How can you inspire and lead in the moment if you're stuttering everything your saying. Oh and he replaced Mahrez and Kante with Mendy and Ghezzal. He's a tool. You just can't see it yet. 

I mean he didn't sell Kante nor did he buy Mendy.

I don't even know if you're joking which is the worrying thing

• Like 1

A truly dreadful performance this afternoon. Just watched the "highlights" again on MOTD, which rubbed it in.

Apart from our goal and the one cleared off the line in the 1st half, what did we actually create? A deflected long shot by Maguire and Ndidi's late half-chance header - plus I remember another low long shot easily saved by their keeper?

That's after a whole second half encamped in their half, playing against 10 men....

It was a committed, organised defensive performance by Saints. Never easy to break down a team defending that well. But our lack of chances and lack of shots on target shows our desperate lack of creativity against a deep, organised defence.

- What the hell was Mendy thinking with those 2 challenges? Not just bad mistakes (which can happen to anyone), but completely amateurish attempts at tackles - positioning/body shape all wrong

- I almost forgot Vardy was playing, and that dive was embarrassing (never thought it was a penalty live, but didn't realise that it was a clear dive)

- Not a match to suit Vardy, but that shows the madness of (a) not having a different type of striker in the squad to bring on; (b) keeping manoeuvring for aerial crosses into the box when we had nobody to win them. Even an aging, fading Ulloa would have got on the end of something there - or Ndidi, if we'd pushed him further forward.

- A number of players must have had their worst performance of the season: Mendy, Vardy, Ricardo, Chilwell?

- Much of our passing first half was shockingly bad - persistent unforced errors. Accuracy improved second half, but not to much purpose - and still some dreadful misplaced passes under no pressure

- We seemed so slow to seize fleeting opportunities for long shots from the edge of the area

Also, was Claude trying to use a different central midfield formation in the first half? Much of the time, Mendy seemed to be on his own as back man with both Choudhury & Ndidi further forward. If so, it really didn't work as Saints kept getting possession in acres of space in front of our defence yet we created nothing going forward first half hour, when Saints weren't sitting back.

That really was one of the most dysfunctional team performances I've seen in a long time.

5 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Im back @Ceirboy, thought you'd like to know

Regarding this particular loss: that foup from Mendy for the penalty was ridiculous. And Mendy's assist for the second goal too. Both outrageous ways to concede. No way in hell that can be pinned on the manager and i dont think anyone complains about him for that anyway to be fair

As far as this match goes, it did not start out following the trend of sideways passing forever that people moan about. We actually had several chances to break and get in good forward positions, but it seemed every single player except Hamza was making terrible passes that didnt reach their man. That is also nothing to do with the manager..they were just awful. Better passes when there were simple opportunities and we would have had scoring chances

Scoring against 10 men who are all camped inside the box is not easy. We managed it in the end but unfortunately only once

In what way exactly was the manager to blame for this one? Loads of people moaning about him wanted him to play that exact team! After the fact they complain about 3 defensive centre mids

I dont even see that game as about the manager in particular. Shocking first half performances from almost the whole team lost that game

Southampton werent camped in their own half either. We could have done a lot better but our young team seemed to lose their composure for the whole first half

AlloverthefloorYesNdidi with his obligatory "it's the players fault" post.

You seem like a nice guy, but paying £450+ a season for what we're currently seeing is not good enough.

You're defending the indefensible. In no way did we look like breaking them down in the first half.

2 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

AlloverthefloorYesNdidi with his obligatory "it's the players fault" post.

You seem like a nice guy, but paying £450+ a season for what we're currently seeing is not good enough.

You're defending the indefensible. In no way did we look like breaking them down in the first half.

Its the players we watch on the pitch. You have no idea what the manager says in training or in the dressing room. I judge what I see the players do. I dont need to pick a scapegoat a make speculations about them.

I didnt say we looked like breaking them down did I? I said we had a couple of chances to break on them, as in counter, and did nothing with them because the players kept giving up possession in those chances under zero pressure.

When players are doing that why talk about tactics? Tactics are irrelevant if the people on the pitch dont do the basics

I realise the home performances arent entertaining atm, but as has been said its a very young team in transition and inconsistency is to be expected. And anyway, this game wasnt exactly boring was it? Frustrating af, yes, but not boring

Just now, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Its the players we watch on the pitch. You have no idea what the manager says in training or in the dressing room. I judge what I see the players do. I dont need to pick a scapegoat a make speculations about them.

I didnt say we looked like breaking them down did I? I said we had a couple of chances to break on them, as in counter, and did nothing with them because the players kept giving up possession in those chances under zero pressure.

When players are doing that why talk about tactics? Tactics are irrelevant if the people on the pitch dont do the basics

I realise the home performances arent entertaining atm, but as has been said its a very young team in transition and inconsistency is to be expected. And anyway, this game wasnt exactly boring was it? Frustrating af, yes, but not boring

I can clearly see players aren't playing for him though.

You talk about tactics? Like moving Albrighton to right back when he was out most dangerous player against Newport (then gave away a pen). Like moving Barnes to CF today when he was clearly our most dangerous player on the left, he hardly got a touch when moved into the middle.

I really want Puel to do well, but it's not going to happen is it?